2012 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Great design. Good power. Safe and sturdy build."

Cons: "Blind spot"

"Luxury w/ regular unleaded. Drives like a big car . Cons - blind spot, 2012 base doesn't have rear back up camera (when so many basic SUVs have it now a days),"

Amazing car!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Super high-tech"

Cons: "None yet"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

"The first few days I did not really care for it and it grew on me. It is the first car I have had with a pop-up tv to see behind. When I fell all the way was the first drive at night. Mine has the sun roof and navigation and upgraded headlights and even a heated steering wheel. I highly recomend the optional headlights. The only word is amazing (like having night vition)! Car has lights under wood trim even on doors so at night a pleasent light lets the interior stay visable, even the Cadillac name on the doorstep lights-up. I love the sun roof (which I did not care about) and love the electric shade door to cover it. The car has amazing power for a V-6. Gets poor gas mileage with E-85. I also like the no key, just a box. The box just stays in your pocket at all times so no fooling-around at night. Pull the door handle and it automatically unlocks and sit down and push the button and it starts (with foot on brake). It does have a button to start it while walking-up(I don't use it). Overall the car has really impressed me!"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

I love this car, so comfortable

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Great price compared to other brands in same class"

Cons: "Spare tire is an add on."

"The panoramic moon roof is to die for! Comfort, comfort, comfort. The Cadillac SRX is reliable and quiet on the road. Fits 5 passengers comfortably. Navigation system does it all."

Not sure I would get this car again

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Price seems fine for what you are getting"

Cons: "Computer system seems to have a mind of its own"

"We bought this car end of March 2011 and have had it in the shop several times for climate control issues which just can't seem to be resolved by our local dealer or the tech department. It is getting frustrating never knowing if you have heat or air conditioning. Beginning to think we got one of the lemons. Road handling is fine but city traffic starts and stops are jerky at best. Interior is very nice. Navigation system is fine but can be temperamental about entering destinations. Overall, I think I would think twice about getting such a luxurious CUV, opt for a less expensive one for running errands and tasks that require extra hauling space and go for the CTS or DTS for the luxury ride and feel that Cadillac usually is known for."

Special Vehicle

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I have had a Benz SUV, two Escalades & most recently a CTS. Liked them all but this CUV in reality beats them all! I got the 2.8 Turbo 300 HP V6 and yes, it does accelerate very rapidly enough to make me smile. I have all the whistles & bells including ultra-vista roof. The sound system, when cranked-up is also really cool. Do I love this vehicle? You betcha!"

Not Worth the Money

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Very disappointed. It is a good idea, but poorly executed. The 3 liter motor is very weak, not enough torque. When going up any upgrade the transmission is hunting for the right gear. The ride is harsh when going over any road bumps. I traded in my 2006 CTS for this 2010 SRX. It is too bad they did not use the 3.6 liter CTS motor, it would handle the SRX much better. The SRX is a heavy vehicle for its size and just needs a larger motor. I am going to trade mine in for a new Lexus RX350."

Get the luxury option to enjoy. (Why a base?)

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Luxury option features"

Cons: "Need a place for my purse"

"A wonderful car to drive and transport things. It is comfortable with all the features I like. Slightly smaller than the previous SRXs I've had, and that's OK, but gas mileage is about the same. I like the four-year warranty and the scheduled service being included."

Awesome vehicle

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, very functional cargo area"

Cons: "Michelin tires cannot keep up with its power."

"This by far the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of them. It has it all and the Cadillac service tops it off perfectly !!"

Love my wife's 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding quality, ride, everything!"

Cons: "None."

"The 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover vehicle is a absolute joy to drive! Very good power and fuel economy especially with the 3.6L DI V-6/6-speed Auto OD trans and a weight of 4600 pounds: I'm consistently seeing 2-3 mpg higher than the EPA ratings! The AWD is great - very sure footed and confidence inspiring. Very, very comfortable on longer drives. We've added the 20" chrome factory wheels and the optional LED tail lights (both dealer installed)which look great on the vehicle. Vehicle quality is superb all the way around, inside and out. I'd very much recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a crossover/suv type of luxury ride. Yes...Cadillac and GM are back and better than ever!"

Owned Since Dec., 2009, Never Had A Problem

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "good looks, luxury interior, uses regular gas"

Cons: "side visuals for driver not the best"

"I bought my SRX in December, 2009. Its beautiful styling is what first caught my attention. Other people, even strangers, often stop me and comment on the SRX's good looks. The luxury interior is great. It has great highway power and seems to even improve after it has been driven a few miles. Indeed, I've noticed that my SRX engine is much more responsive now than when I first bought it and I have 35,000 miles on it. I've never had a mechanical problem with my SRX. Before, I bought the SRX, I had driven three MDXs over a ten year period and my SRX easily stands up to MDX quality, but the SRX is a much better looking vehicle and cost less money."

Engine Malfunctioned 2010 SRX

By on Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Purchased 2010 SRX Turbo at Orange County, CA. dealer on 2/21/10. Three days later, with only 108 miles on the car, the engine and/or turbo blew leaving me stranded on the side of freeway. Since model is so new, there does not appear to be enouigh knowledge about service at local Cadillac dealers. As of today, we have not heard exactly what is the problem or proposed solution. For now, suggest you stay away from buying a 2010 SRX."

2nd Caddy SRX

By on Thursday, December 03, 2009

"I had a 2004 SRX I bought new and traded in for 2010 SRX (I liked the new design). Was looking at Acura MDX also and found the SRX to be more car like ride and easier to handle, plus American made. Rides much smoother than my 2004 SRX did. Small item worth noting, I have found in my 4 weeks of owning the SRX is that the overall car is sturdy, however the hinge for the door with the gas cap is not on to strong. Would buy it again in a minute."

FABULOUS

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I am so excited to own the new SRX. It is stylish and comfortable. The perfect size."

Not What It Should Be

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Great looking Crossover!"

Cons: "Poor economy, harsh ride, poor performance!"

"This is a vehicle that has a harsh ride that you feel every bump in the road. It's very underpowered with a 6 speed auto transmission that jerks as it changes gears, and jerks as you slow down. The engine is noisy and guzzles gas as if it were a muscle car. You will NEVER get anywhere near it's "EPA" posted milage. About 16.5 MPG is tops with a light foot on the gas pedal. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The interior is excellent...one of the nicest in any luxury car or Crossover. Fit and finish is perfect. Having said that, I'm still sorry I bought it and will get rid of it early next year."

2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"I just picked-up a FWD luxury edition with the navagation package in tri-coat red. It is a gorgeous color! So far the car has been great. The bluetooth and the navagation system are great toys and also make driving very easy. No more phone up to my ear while driving. The back-up camera is a valuable addition that make this vehicle much easier to manuver. No negatives of any significance to this time."

Great decision...!

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"07' BMW X3 to the 10' SRX "Performance" version..! We made the right choice. Great content level, great value, performs perfectly fine for it's intended audience. Ride is very good, handling could be a tad bit sharper, but overall it's fine. We did a 1500M road trip in the first week, great road trip vehicle. All the features, Nav, 20" chrome wheels, power rear hatch, ambient lighting inside, remote start, glass roof, satelite radio, fit and finish, packaging spot on. We looked at Audi Q5, MB GLK, Lexus RX,(all more expensive if you match the options on our version) Lincoln MKX. Caddy bested all of them. Go for it..! You won't be disappointed..! If you need more power, buy the next model up. Overall, this says a lot because we have had 7 MB's and 4 BMW's in recent years. One major plus, is that it uses reg gas, and $85 services / one per year are great. I think this SRX is definitely worth the price of entry. To match it by the competition, you have to pay much more money. SRX wins hands down..."

Superb vehicle no problems

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Drove it 3.4 years. All the bells and whistles with no maintenance problems. Very comfortable and stable ride with good hwy mileage. Large display with ONSTSAR nav, Bluetooth hands free calling. Left outside during winter and summer with no rust or paint fade - still looks and acts like new. Could have a bit more cargo space."

Not what I expected from my 1st Cadlilac

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Cons: "Expensive repair"

"Have a 2010. Have owned it 18 months. Engineers need to work on the very large window dividers on the front window - loss of valuable viewing area while driving. Even my son commented on that when he drove it. Also passenger headrest completely disrupts view of rear passenger window when checking out what's in that lane. Can't see at all out rear drivers side when hoping to pass. Now rear pinion bearing has gone out & ruined gears. Need to replace whole rear end according to dealership. What's next? Warranty is about to expire. Very disappointed.Did not drive it hard. Don't forget poor pick up. Gets 23 mpg."

Test Drive with Caution

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"We purchased our Cadillac 2011 SRX in June. Went from a Toyota 4-Runner to Cadillac for the comfort aspect. Got the comfort but not happy with engine performance or vehicle maneuvering. If your 2011 appears to have transmission issues (shifting hard or doesn't seem to know what gear to be in) take it in as it's probably the software and not the transmission. Cadillac engineer came down from Detroit to run the "test" program on mine in order to correct the problem. It wasn't the transmission but the timing of the emissions testing which effected the vehicles shifting. They were able to correct but I'm told only two vehicles received the program. It took me invoking Lemon Law in order to get them to fix it. Sorry I switched from Toyota as I never had a mechanical problem in 8 years."

Not a traditional Cadillac

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good materials."

Cons: "Not built in USA"

"Very good handling. Average MPG. Nice styling ques. Too much engine noise. Ride very stiff. Seats very wide. Very easy to enter/exit vehicle. Excellent brakes."

My second SRX in three years is great

By on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pros: "Very good price loaded and great to drive."

Cons: "Bucket seat lack of padding is only complaint."

"Just on my second SRX 3 years, I can say these SRX's are the handiest, best driving car I have owned. You sit high over the road but the automobile is not top heavy at all, corners well even at high speeds. All the extras like RainSense (automatic windshield wipers), easy to set controls with CUE and the steering wheel controls, the height of the loading area makes putting groceries into the car a breeze, no lifting and no stooping, and it feels so safe, so strong, like it is actually made from a solid piece of good steel. My single complaint is that Cadillac should have put more padding into the bucket seats. Everything else is great and that's why I got another."

Great vehicle. I love it!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car. Excellent Luxury."

Cons: "No auto lift gate."

"Would buy another one tomorrow!"

Best Vehicle I recommend it You will LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "The whole car is great"

"I bought this caddy and just love it. I went from a honda truck to a cadillac. It is a extremely comfortable car to drive. I have had it for a year or so and haven't had a problem with it. I feel the cadillac is made better than the honda truck. It is a fuel efficient truck. I use to pay more to fill up my honda truck. It is very spacious and has a great trunk. If you are looking for a nice small suv i suggest you buying this truck. YOU WILL LOVE IT! I will probably just by the suv thats how much i love it instead of leasing it."

We really like it

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"We had the 2010 SRX (Luxury with nav and entertainment system) for a few months now. Still looks new and we still like it. It's very comfortable and nice. We wanted something different (not a Lexus) and we looked at the MKX and Q4. The SRX just felt right with us. Not everything that looks like leather is, and one of the back plastic covers on the bumper is warping a bit from the sun (maybe needs a bit of silicon glue). The sound and nav system is not as cool as Sync. So all of these very minor details are preventing me for giving it five stars. But overall, we definitely would purchase it again. And with a 5 year warranty, I am not going to worry about quality issues. If they pop up, GM has to fix it. But so far so good. On a mix of freeway and local street I get 19.1 m/g. Have not taken it on a long road trip. The engine is adequate, but not a hot rod. Only regret is that we bought it during a month when there were no incentives. Now you can get free financing (ouch)."

We just purchased the car and I love it.

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"My husband and I got this car to have something bigger than my sedan, but smaller than his Truck as we have two growing sons. This car is a great mid-size vehicle that drives well and has plenty of amenities and leg room. Totally Jazzed about our new Baby!"