• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Cadillac SRX

8.2

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Not Worth the Money

By on Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Very disappointed. It is a good idea, but poorly executed. The 3 liter motor is very weak, not enough torque. When going up any upgrade the transmission is hunting for the right gear. The ride is harsh when going over any road bumps. I traded in my 2006 CTS for this 2010 SRX. It is too bad they did not use the 3.6 liter CTS motor, it would handle the SRX much better. The SRX is a heavy vehicle for its size and just needs a larger motor. I am going to trade mine in for a new Lexus RX350."

great vehicle

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "luxury great amenities smooth ride"

Cons: "no blind spot monitoring"

"had it for 3 years its and excellent vehicle I've had no problems. it's a very comfortable vehicle and has a excellent navigation system. I will probably buy another one in the future."

Love this car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love everything about it."

Cons: "Price."

"The smoothest ride I have ever driven. Comfort, comfort, comfort and good gas mileage too."

Think twice before buying.

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 Luxury SRX last year. I give it a top rating for style, and one of the nicest interiors of the many new Cadillacs I have owned over the last 20 years, but that's about it. This car is underpowered, poor milage in City use, has a jerky transmission, and a harsh ride with seats that are too firm. Cadillac almost had it right, but took cheaper shortcuts before going in production. I'm not totally down on this car, but it has been a disappointment. It also has inherent problems with the parking sensors that there's no fix for. I've read reviews from other owners who think this is a powerful crossover and I can only wonder what they compare it to...their riding mower? I'll keep it till next year and trade for something that has some pep, a transmission that doesn't jump gears at the slightest move for speed, that doesn't jerk as it downshifts as you slow down, and most importantly isn't a gas guzzler that is nowhere near the posted 18 MPG City."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I bought this car after 10+ years driving a minivan. I love the handling. I love the fact I can switch to manual at the simple push of the handle. It rides relatively smoothly but is a bit more noisy than I expected. Though this is a heavy crossover, I have made lane changes and not disappointed the car behind me as I have every ability to leave them far behind with the combo horsepower/manual shifting. The attention to detail is above and beyond. I have family who drive Mercedes' getting in my car saying, "I don't have this," or, "I don't have that. What is this feature? Ooohhhh. That's so nice!" I have friends saying they want this for their next car. Overall, this is an amazing vehicle with details that make the sticker price far worth it. Some day I will be able to buy the car with two doors, two seats- one for me and one for my purse- but for now? I can drive myself and my girls around in detailed style with less abandon than other cars but have everyone comfortable and happy all the same. There is room for me, my girls, a friend or two if we squeeze and my daughter's cello- we are good to go! And the Cadillac styling makes it all the better. This is, hands down, a beautiful car."