• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Excellent

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality and looks"

Cons: "Need extra 50 horse being turbo"

"little tough on gas since it is turbo and have to use premium gas, but it delivers smooth acceleration specially over 70 mph. Almost everything is covered under warranty. My cost to maintain is near zero out of my pocket. Unless you got lemon this car is built solid."

A Terrible Car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Just Looks"

Cons: "See below"

"I bought this car as a temporary vehicle to tide me over for what I thought would be less than a year, and it turned out to be almost two. For looks and design I give it 10 out of 10. A nice interior, and that's where it ends. This car is drastically underpowered with a noisy engine, and a transmission that is jerky and always searching for the right gear. The ride is horrible and you feel the slightest bump. Add to that the seats that have the same comfort as a park bench. Gas mileage is very poor and under the best conditions with a light foot in city driving is about 16 MPG. I've had a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and I have never disliked a car as much as this one. If you enjoy the ride of a 1947 Chevy pickup, you'll love this car. I traded for the new 2013 Cadillac XTS and love everything about it, so I'm not anti Cadillac. You really need to think twice about buying a 2010 or 2011 SRX, and then walk away from it. One last thought, I was loaned a 2013 SRX while my XTS was in for a minor service, and in fairness they beefed up the engine, and slightly softened the ride...not a lot, but some."

Great vehicle! One of my favorite cars ever owned

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "Wide support beam on each side of windshield."

"I have had a lot of cars and this is one of my all-time favorites. I bought it new and have never regretted the decision. It drives and handles great, has plenty of power and is comfortable. The only con about the vehicle is the wide support beam on each side of the windshield, which can create a blind spot if you are not aware of it. I've had no problems with any of the mechanics or electrical functions and plan to drive it for several more years."

Absolutely love it

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I don't own this car

"This is a great cuv. I absolutely love it & intend on buying it after lease is up.."

Not a traditional Cadillac

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good materials."

Cons: "Not built in USA"

"Very good handling. Average MPG. Nice styling ques. Too much engine noise. Ride very stiff. Seats very wide. Very easy to enter/exit vehicle. Excellent brakes."

Great look and drive but with many flaws!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great exterior and interior, great drive"

Cons: "electrical problems, etc..."

"I own a 2010 SRX which was purchased new. This vehicle fails in comparison to other Cadillacs I have owned (Escalade and CTS-V). The SRX is beautiful on the exterior and interior and has a very comfortable ride. I will be trading this in the next few weeks as it will soon be out of warranty. I have had numerous electrical problems and other problems, such as the rear hatch opening on its own and not closing back (this has happened 3 times now), the air conditioner blowing out heat wide open and would not turn off, the rear DVD screens have now had to be replaced twice due to overheating and turning brown from overheating. The vehicle is currently having to be repainted (under warranty) due to the paint peeling on the hood and bumper. I am very disappointed in Caddilac with this vehicle and would not recommend."

Great car

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Great design. Good power. Safe and sturdy build."

Cons: "Blind spot"

"Luxury w/ regular unleaded. Drives like a big car . Cons - blind spot, 2012 base doesn't have rear back up camera (when so many basic SUVs have it now a days),"

Get the luxury option to enjoy. (Why a base?)

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Luxury option features"

Cons: "Need a place for my purse"

"A wonderful car to drive and transport things. It is comfortable with all the features I like. Slightly smaller than the previous SRXs I've had, and that's OK, but gas mileage is about the same. I like the four-year warranty and the scheduled service being included."

Fast and Functional!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Well suited to most any adventure or task"

Cons: "Should have come with radar detector"

"I am a former CTS-V owner, yes, the one with 556 HP. My biggest concern was sacrificing speed, luxury and handling that I had come to enjoy, in order to get the room and function of an SUV. This crossover is truly both! Mine is the AWD Performance model and I have had zero issues with the transmission, even when pulling a low-boy trailer. Smooth and responsive is how I would describe my experience. The SRX has wonderful suspension and hugs the road much like a sportier car. The multiple options for configuring the rear, are very convenient for my work as a designer, for those trips to costco or for taking the large dog to the park (recommend the heavy duty pet cargo net accessory). This car is great looking - especially with the chrome upgrade wheels and the panoramic sunroof gives me the feeling of a convertible (without the bad hair). This car is a great value and I would encourage you to give a test drive."

Herky-Jerky Transmission

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, responsive, stunning appearance."

Cons: "Transmission is a disaster."

"This is a very stylish, very comfortable crossover. Unfortunately, the transmission can't figure out which gear it belongs in, and acceleration from a stop is often unpleasantly jerky. It's a good thing the car has a 5/100 power train warranty, because I'm convinced the transmission will fail long before the warranty lapses. For this reason alone, I would have purchased a Lexus RX if I could turn back the clock. I'm disappointed Cadillac. Are you listening?"

Annoying transmission, Blown turbo

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I do not recommend this car. I was really impressed with the comfort, the style and the solid feel it had at first...but it quickly changed as I got to know the transmission. It's very erratic and seems to always be uncomfortable with the gear it's in. What has completely ruined my experience with this vehicle happened just last weekend on a trip to a family party. The Engine's turbo just failed and left me stranded! The Caddy's now in the shop...Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon."

Love my wife's 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding quality, ride, everything!"

Cons: "None."

"The 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover vehicle is a absolute joy to drive! Very good power and fuel economy especially with the 3.6L DI V-6/6-speed Auto OD trans and a weight of 4600 pounds: I'm consistently seeing 2-3 mpg higher than the EPA ratings! The AWD is great - very sure footed and confidence inspiring. Very, very comfortable on longer drives. We've added the 20" chrome factory wheels and the optional LED tail lights (both dealer installed)which look great on the vehicle. Vehicle quality is superb all the way around, inside and out. I'd very much recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a crossover/suv type of luxury ride. Yes...Cadillac and GM are back and better than ever!"

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "great price, great value,"

Cons: "nothing"

"My fist luxury car. What a great decision to buy. There is not a thing I dont like about it. Sporty, stylish, great interior room, and fuel mileage is excellant on highway. Bought it used with 26K miles on it and have taken three trips two over 600 miles each and one at 300 miles. Made those drives without any problems. Got over 400 miles on the last trip on one tank of gas. Pulled a trailer back and hardley knew it was back there."

Owned Since Dec., 2009, Never Had A Problem

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "good looks, luxury interior, uses regular gas"

Cons: "side visuals for driver not the best"

"I bought my SRX in December, 2009. Its beautiful styling is what first caught my attention. Other people, even strangers, often stop me and comment on the SRX's good looks. The luxury interior is great. It has great highway power and seems to even improve after it has been driven a few miles. Indeed, I've noticed that my SRX engine is much more responsive now than when I first bought it and I have 35,000 miles on it. I've never had a mechanical problem with my SRX. Before, I bought the SRX, I had driven three MDXs over a ten year period and my SRX easily stands up to MDX quality, but the SRX is a much better looking vehicle and cost less money."

Excellent and reliable.

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, stylish, and great performance."

Cons: "Not a lot of storage capacity."

"I do a lot of winter driving and this vehicle is the most reliable, powerful and best equiiped , fuel efficient SUV I've owned. Much better handling and economy than my old 2004 Escalade."

Amazing car!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Super high-tech"

Cons: "None yet"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

"The first few days I did not really care for it and it grew on me. It is the first car I have had with a pop-up tv to see behind. When I fell all the way was the first drive at night. Mine has the sun roof and navigation and upgraded headlights and even a heated steering wheel. I highly recomend the optional headlights. The only word is amazing (like having night vition)! Car has lights under wood trim even on doors so at night a pleasent light lets the interior stay visable, even the Cadillac name on the doorstep lights-up. I love the sun roof (which I did not care about) and love the electric shade door to cover it. The car has amazing power for a V-6. Gets poor gas mileage with E-85. I also like the no key, just a box. The box just stays in your pocket at all times so no fooling-around at night. Pull the door handle and it automatically unlocks and sit down and push the button and it starts (with foot on brake). It does have a button to start it while walking-up(I don't use it). Overall the car has really impressed me!"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

Not what I expected from my 1st Cadlilac

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Cons: "Expensive repair"

"Have a 2010. Have owned it 18 months. Engineers need to work on the very large window dividers on the front window - loss of valuable viewing area while driving. Even my son commented on that when he drove it. Also passenger headrest completely disrupts view of rear passenger window when checking out what's in that lane. Can't see at all out rear drivers side when hoping to pass. Now rear pinion bearing has gone out & ruined gears. Need to replace whole rear end according to dealership. What's next? Warranty is about to expire. Very disappointed.Did not drive it hard. Don't forget poor pick up. Gets 23 mpg."

Very pleased with 2012 SRX . Super vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Unique styling like no other.., Great features.."

Cons: "Like to see gas mileage improve, but uses regular."

"I purchased a new 2012 Cadillac SRX back in March after spending six months or so looking at Acura, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Infinity and even the Chevy Tahoe. I eliminated Mercedes and Acura early on due to their seemingly "bland" offerings then eliminated the rest soon after including the BMW X3 and X5 that are nice vehicles and fun to drive, but price and future maintenance costs were quite disturbing to me. The SRX has very stylish looks, drives much nicer than the Lexus RX350 I used to have and I haven't had one thing go wrong with this beauty. I constantly get "wow like" comments from passers by in the parking lot and...., the price is right. Go drive one. I think you may be pleasantly surprised what you get for your money. A real winner. Two thumbs up Cadillac!"

Best Vehicle I recommend it You will LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "The whole car is great"

"I bought this caddy and just love it. I went from a honda truck to a cadillac. It is a extremely comfortable car to drive. I have had it for a year or so and haven't had a problem with it. I feel the cadillac is made better than the honda truck. It is a fuel efficient truck. I use to pay more to fill up my honda truck. It is very spacious and has a great trunk. If you are looking for a nice small suv i suggest you buying this truck. YOU WILL LOVE IT! I will probably just by the suv thats how much i love it instead of leasing it."

I rarely keep a car over 1 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "I get lots of looks while driving it."

"This one will be with me for several years. The styling, fit and finish are fantastic, good mileage, drives great, handles like a dream, just love it. People go out of their way to compliment me on it Great looking vehicle. I owned an Acadia prior to this Caddy, and as far as I am concerned, there is no comparison. Two of my friends want me to contact them when and if I decide to trade it in, as they would like to buy it"

Great ride, comfort and style

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Great interior, classy exterior"

Cons: "None so far"

"Went from years of BMW's. Will probably not go back."

1st yr out, lots of picky things.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Been in the shop too many times for a Cadillac. Problem still not fixed. Bearings replaced on front, inside electronics eat up battery because "shift to park" light won't go off when car is shut down. Very dissappointed in service and car."

Love this car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love everything about it."

Cons: "Price."

"The smoothest ride I have ever driven. Comfort, comfort, comfort and good gas mileage too."

Very nice - in and out.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Price is great - lots of bells and whisles."

Cons: "Cup holder should be covered"

"I wished that it had a little bit more power."

Great so far!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

"I purchased a 2011 Premium SRX leftover getting a great deal.I only have it three weeks but having a 2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition, Loving the Cadillac much better! Great vehicle for the steal I got it for."