2012 Cadillac SRX

8.2

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Not What It Should Be

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Great looking Crossover!"

Cons: "Poor economy, harsh ride, poor performance!"

"This is a vehicle that has a harsh ride that you feel every bump in the road. It's very underpowered with a 6 speed auto transmission that jerks as it changes gears, and jerks as you slow down. The engine is noisy and guzzles gas as if it were a muscle car. You will NEVER get anywhere near it's "EPA" posted milage. About 16.5 MPG is tops with a light foot on the gas pedal. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The interior is excellent...one of the nicest in any luxury car or Crossover. Fit and finish is perfect. Having said that, I'm still sorry I bought it and will get rid of it early next year."

2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"I just picked-up a FWD luxury edition with the navagation package in tri-coat red. It is a gorgeous color! So far the car has been great. The bluetooth and the navagation system are great toys and also make driving very easy. No more phone up to my ear while driving. The back-up camera is a valuable addition that make this vehicle much easier to manuver. No negatives of any significance to this time."

Great decision...!

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"07' BMW X3 to the 10' SRX "Performance" version..! We made the right choice. Great content level, great value, performs perfectly fine for it's intended audience. Ride is very good, handling could be a tad bit sharper, but overall it's fine. We did a 1500M road trip in the first week, great road trip vehicle. All the features, Nav, 20" chrome wheels, power rear hatch, ambient lighting inside, remote start, glass roof, satelite radio, fit and finish, packaging spot on. We looked at Audi Q5, MB GLK, Lexus RX,(all more expensive if you match the options on our version) Lincoln MKX. Caddy bested all of them. Go for it..! You won't be disappointed..! If you need more power, buy the next model up. Overall, this says a lot because we have had 7 MB's and 4 BMW's in recent years. One major plus, is that it uses reg gas, and $85 services / one per year are great. I think this SRX is definitely worth the price of entry. To match it by the competition, you have to pay much more money. SRX wins hands down..."

Superb vehicle no problems

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Drove it 3.4 years. All the bells and whistles with no maintenance problems. Very comfortable and stable ride with good hwy mileage. Large display with ONSTSAR nav, Bluetooth hands free calling. Left outside during winter and summer with no rust or paint fade - still looks and acts like new. Could have a bit more cargo space."

Not what I expected from my 1st Cadlilac

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Cons: "Expensive repair"

"Have a 2010. Have owned it 18 months. Engineers need to work on the very large window dividers on the front window - loss of valuable viewing area while driving. Even my son commented on that when he drove it. Also passenger headrest completely disrupts view of rear passenger window when checking out what's in that lane. Can't see at all out rear drivers side when hoping to pass. Now rear pinion bearing has gone out & ruined gears. Need to replace whole rear end according to dealership. What's next? Warranty is about to expire. Very disappointed.Did not drive it hard. Don't forget poor pick up. Gets 23 mpg."

Not a traditional Cadillac

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good materials."

Cons: "Not built in USA"

"Very good handling. Average MPG. Nice styling ques. Too much engine noise. Ride very stiff. Seats very wide. Very easy to enter/exit vehicle. Excellent brakes."

Great vehicle. I love it!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car. Excellent Luxury."

Cons: "No auto lift gate."

"Would buy another one tomorrow!"

Best Vehicle I recommend it You will LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "The whole car is great"

"I bought this caddy and just love it. I went from a honda truck to a cadillac. It is a extremely comfortable car to drive. I have had it for a year or so and haven't had a problem with it. I feel the cadillac is made better than the honda truck. It is a fuel efficient truck. I use to pay more to fill up my honda truck. It is very spacious and has a great trunk. If you are looking for a nice small suv i suggest you buying this truck. YOU WILL LOVE IT! I will probably just by the suv thats how much i love it instead of leasing it."

We really like it

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"We had the 2010 SRX (Luxury with nav and entertainment system) for a few months now. Still looks new and we still like it. It's very comfortable and nice. We wanted something different (not a Lexus) and we looked at the MKX and Q4. The SRX just felt right with us. Not everything that looks like leather is, and one of the back plastic covers on the bumper is warping a bit from the sun (maybe needs a bit of silicon glue). The sound and nav system is not as cool as Sync. So all of these very minor details are preventing me for giving it five stars. But overall, we definitely would purchase it again. And with a 5 year warranty, I am not going to worry about quality issues. If they pop up, GM has to fix it. But so far so good. On a mix of freeway and local street I get 19.1 m/g. Have not taken it on a long road trip. The engine is adequate, but not a hot rod. Only regret is that we bought it during a month when there were no incentives. Now you can get free financing (ouch)."

We just purchased the car and I love it.

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"My husband and I got this car to have something bigger than my sedan, but smaller than his Truck as we have two growing sons. This car is a great mid-size vehicle that drives well and has plenty of amenities and leg room. Totally Jazzed about our new Baby!"

It's a Cadillac, however, not up to previous Cads

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "a nice drive/convenient"

Cons: "NOT a good investment"

"We had an extremely bad purchase experience. In reviewing our purchase/vehicle satisfaction survey, Cadillac could not get the dealer's cooperation in responding. Having said that, I just have a bad taste, I guess. There are many options, but some are not "customer friendly". It was difficult to find the USB port, and inconveniently located. Floor mats are extremely small, not worth even having. Navigation is hard to use. Fuel economy is poorer than I anticipated. Those are the greatest disappointments. Resale/trade-in value is also poor. Apparently there's low demand for this car."

great vehicle

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "luxury great amenities smooth ride"

Cons: "no blind spot monitoring"

"had it for 3 years its and excellent vehicle I've had no problems. it's a very comfortable vehicle and has a excellent navigation system. I will probably buy another one in the future."

Love this car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love everything about it."

Cons: "Price."

"The smoothest ride I have ever driven. Comfort, comfort, comfort and good gas mileage too."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I bought this car after 10+ years driving a minivan. I love the handling. I love the fact I can switch to manual at the simple push of the handle. It rides relatively smoothly but is a bit more noisy than I expected. Though this is a heavy crossover, I have made lane changes and not disappointed the car behind me as I have every ability to leave them far behind with the combo horsepower/manual shifting. The attention to detail is above and beyond. I have family who drive Mercedes' getting in my car saying, "I don't have this," or, "I don't have that. What is this feature? Ooohhhh. That's so nice!" I have friends saying they want this for their next car. Overall, this is an amazing vehicle with details that make the sticker price far worth it. Some day I will be able to buy the car with two doors, two seats- one for me and one for my purse- but for now? I can drive myself and my girls around in detailed style with less abandon than other cars but have everyone comfortable and happy all the same. There is room for me, my girls, a friend or two if we squeeze and my daughter's cello- we are good to go! And the Cadillac styling makes it all the better. This is, hands down, a beautiful car."

Great Crossover

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"I've owned my SRX for 10 months now and it has been fantastic. Great ride, fit and finish. Mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. Not as powerful as some in the class but I didn't get the Turbo as that wasn't an issue for me. It still gets lots of admiring looks and comments from friends and strangers. Great value for the money -- 10,000 to 20,000 less than comparable Japanese and German vehicles. Had a minor recall issue repaired at the dealer -- hose connection for the power steering. All around I"m extremely happy with the SRX."

rkt

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I have owned this car for 3 months, and it is by far one of the best. The ride is great, gas mileage is very good, fit and finish are great, looks are one of the best looking vehicles around, it is somewhat smaller than what I owned before(Acadia), but I wanted a smaller suv, and it is equipped with almost every option you can get. extremely quiet on the highway. backup camera is very good. Fantastic suv."

For 56K it should be flawless!

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"GM GM GM...Will they ever learn? NICE looking auto but refinement is lacking! I have had NUMEROUS (over 15) visits to the dealership for everything from trim falling off to oil leaks to faulty wheels, broken seat, now THE CLOCK WON'T KEEP TIME! (WASN'T THAT A PROBLEM SOLVED IN THE '20s?) HORRIBLE GPM (18-20), it tracks real weird on freeways (almost dizzying as it gets a weird side-to-side undulation around 70mph that never stops)! I honestly traded a NEW import that I loved for this SRX as a show of support for my country and community...I'm glad I may have helped but I'm sorry I did that to my wallet! I will be trading it in this Monday. I am of the belief that if one spends one's hard earned $ on a product it better be worth it...this "Cadillac" of products does not represent what I believed that used to mean! $56K...NO WAY...$35K maybe.. Sorry GM, I tried!"

A Terrible Car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Just Looks"

Cons: "See below"

"I bought this car as a temporary vehicle to tide me over for what I thought would be less than a year, and it turned out to be almost two. For looks and design I give it 10 out of 10. A nice interior, and that's where it ends. This car is drastically underpowered with a noisy engine, and a transmission that is jerky and always searching for the right gear. The ride is horrible and you feel the slightest bump. Add to that the seats that have the same comfort as a park bench. Gas mileage is very poor and under the best conditions with a light foot in city driving is about 16 MPG. I've had a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and I have never disliked a car as much as this one. If you enjoy the ride of a 1947 Chevy pickup, you'll love this car. I traded for the new 2013 Cadillac XTS and love everything about it, so I'm not anti Cadillac. You really need to think twice about buying a 2010 or 2011 SRX, and then walk away from it. One last thought, I was loaned a 2013 SRX while my XTS was in for a minor service, and in fairness they beefed up the engine, and slightly softened the ride...not a lot, but some."

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "great price, great value,"

Cons: "nothing"

"My fist luxury car. What a great decision to buy. There is not a thing I dont like about it. Sporty, stylish, great interior room, and fuel mileage is excellant on highway. Bought it used with 26K miles on it and have taken three trips two over 600 miles each and one at 300 miles. Made those drives without any problems. Got over 400 miles on the last trip on one tank of gas. Pulled a trailer back and hardley knew it was back there."

Great car, looking for something bigger

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

I don't own this car

"Great car just wanting something bigger!"

Great ride and design.

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, well made, and great design."

Cons: "Constant shifting while driving on hilly roads."

"So far it is pretty much what I expected. I enjoy it very much. Mileage is average with 24.8 being the best on a trip. My only real complaint is the constant shifting when driving on hilly roads. The downside, I guess, of a six speed transmission. With the bright red finish and the chrome wheels, it is an eye turner."

Good Looking and Comfortable

By on Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Drove my wife nuts test driving all the major carmakers crossovers. Two adults and two teens and the shortest is 5' 11". This was the only crossover that was comfortable for all of us. Got the full loaded turbo AWD version and we are really liking it. The imports all look bland on the outside. Have just moved from an STS and in 3 years of leasing it have only seen 5 on the road. I don't own an iphone and I don't want to be driving what everyone else is."

Excellent Hi-Tech Luxury Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Quality materials,styling, comfort and convenience"

Cons: "Back seat room and storage area good not fantastic"

"I am overall very high on my 2015 Cadillac SRX. The quality is if anything above expectations: great materials, perfect fit and finish, convenient controls. I like the CUE system - you have to learn a little, like a new smartphone, but it performs as it should - and I LOVE the 4G LTE services. OnStar is surpisingly useful too. The cons are slight. The rear seating area is not that big, but works for us. It doesn't have the storage space of a mini-van, but I knew that. And it doesn't "seem that quick" on acceleration, although when I time it, it's actually much faster than my former V-8 luxury car. It uses regular gas, and mileage has actually been better than it's EPA rating! Great value for a true luxury car and just a very nice car with the absolute latest tech and convenience features."

Best Vehicle That I have Owned

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Quality Finishes, Bose Sound System"

"I am 100% satisfied with this vehicle. I bought it in Sept. 2010 used, one owner with 20,700 miles. It is the "Premium" edition with every option imaginable. Like brand new and it still has a new car smell. One of the nice things is the Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Warranty which transfers with the car to every owner. I have free oil changes, filters, cabin filters until 50,000 miles plus a 6 year 60,000 mile warranty on "everything else". I am super impressed with the quality of all the finishes and Cadillacs "excellent" service. The paint finish exceeds all other GM cars. I bought this because of its style and the Cadillac name. I have driven 2,000 miles R/T to FL and another 3,000 miles roundtrip from Charlotte to Boston to Toronto this summer. It drives and rides like a dream. It even gets EPA mileage of 24 on the highway at 75 mph."

leaks from moon roof in rain

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "High Price, drives fine"

Cons: "has lots of blind spots,"

"My husband thought he got such a good deal on this vehicle, it had 32,000 mi on it , we thought it looked like new. since we have had it , we cannot go out in rain for it soaking our feet. it took a friend of ours who does body work about 5 min., after seeing it, to tell us it is leaking from moon roof, when dealership checked that out they agreed, they have tried twice to fix it, it is not as bad , unless it's a hard rain,then the carpet gets soaked again !Our friend also informed us it had been wrecked,the carfax did not disclose this , nor did the dealership! Our friend is an expert at body work, so I do believe him. WE PAID AROUND $35,000.00 FOR THIS CAR, KELLY BLUE bOOK LIST THIS CAR'S value at $24,000.00.Being Senior Citizens is very hard when you have people like this dealership taking care of you. we cannot afford to trade cars, so we are just stuck!!My husband wanted a luxery SUV so bad, that he let people take advantage , now we are told we could have bought a new one for a little more,Well so much for the "Golden Years", we just have to be sure not to get out in the rain in our $35,000.00 Cadillac"