• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

20 months experience and 2 winters

By on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pros: "Styling, ride, comfort and gas mileage."

Cons: "Really none..Overall nice vehicle."

"This car is comfortable and well styled. It does well in the snow and great gas mileage. We average 21.5mpg city and highway combimed. Just drove 1100 miles from Reno to Denver, CO and averaged 25.5 mpg and a speed of 75mph overall trip. The only problem is the sunroof closes then opens. The dealer says it's a software glitch and will take care of it this week when the maintenance is done. I would recommend this car and would buy it again. Also, the value has held up. I traded a Lexus for the Cadillac and the Cadillac is heads up better overall."

Think twice before buying.

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 Luxury SRX last year. I give it a top rating for style, and one of the nicest interiors of the many new Cadillacs I have owned over the last 20 years, but that's about it. This car is underpowered, poor milage in City use, has a jerky transmission, and a harsh ride with seats that are too firm. Cadillac almost had it right, but took cheaper shortcuts before going in production. I'm not totally down on this car, but it has been a disappointment. It also has inherent problems with the parking sensors that there's no fix for. I've read reviews from other owners who think this is a powerful crossover and I can only wonder what they compare it to...their riding mower? I'll keep it till next year and trade for something that has some pep, a transmission that doesn't jump gears at the slightest move for speed, that doesn't jerk as it downshifts as you slow down, and most importantly isn't a gas guzzler that is nowhere near the posted 18 MPG City."

Grossly Disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I have been driving foreign vehicles for 20 years. Mostly Honda and Acura. With gas prices, I wanted to stay in a luxury vehicle, but find something that accepted regular gas. Lincoln and Chrysler were out of the question. Lincoln was gawdy and Chrysler had nothing to offer. GM had Cadillac and the SRX Crossover looked sharp. The fit and finish also looked like GM was doing much better. The SRX was loaded with creature comforts and the engine sounded hot. The exhaust was "throaty." My deepest regret was not driving it more before buying it. The vehicle is totally underpowered. there is no real acceleration. The vehicle looks fast but is slow off the line or whenever you attempt to pass. The transmission constantly downshifts. It's a "dog." If you want looks, the SRX is your best choice by an American manufacturer. If you want performance, stay away from the SRX! The engineer who designed and powered this vehile should be shot. This one is on its way to Carmax! As I said, grossly disappointed."

Overall great vehicle

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"Bought new 2010 SRX Premium AWD with rear entertainment, 20" Chrome wheels metallic blue color. Love the way the vehicle looks. Have had this vehicle 3 months now and had to take back to dealer for two different tears in the leather and a loose piece of trim on outside. Kinda of dissapointed in that. Love the big screen with rear backup camera, bluetooth, and heated/cooled seats. Was pleasantly surprised with gas mileage so far average is 21.7 miles per gallon."

For 56K it should be flawless!

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"GM GM GM...Will they ever learn? NICE looking auto but refinement is lacking! I have had NUMEROUS (over 15) visits to the dealership for everything from trim falling off to oil leaks to faulty wheels, broken seat, now THE CLOCK WON'T KEEP TIME! (WASN'T THAT A PROBLEM SOLVED IN THE '20s?) HORRIBLE GPM (18-20), it tracks real weird on freeways (almost dizzying as it gets a weird side-to-side undulation around 70mph that never stops)! I honestly traded a NEW import that I loved for this SRX as a show of support for my country and community...I'm glad I may have helped but I'm sorry I did that to my wallet! I will be trading it in this Monday. I am of the belief that if one spends one's hard earned $ on a product it better be worth it...this "Cadillac" of products does not represent what I believed that used to mean! $56K...NO WAY...$35K maybe.. Sorry GM, I tried!"