2009 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Mold Smell in Ventilation System

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

"I bought a 2005 SRX & had to trade it in due to mold smell coming thru the ventilation system & dealer couldn't find the problem. I missed my SRX and decided to give it another try after another dealer told me that Cadillac knew there was a problem and the 2008 SRX has an afterblow fan that comes on so the mold issue shouldn't happen. I've now had my vehicle 1 yr w/22,000 miles on it and the mold smell is back, there is a rattle in the driver's door, shifting not smooth in the 30-40 mph range and once again the dealer can't find the problem. I tried to do the right thing and buy American and paid a premium price to get it and got less than a premium vehicle. It's a shame. I love the engine in my SRX. It's very comfortable to drive, but I can't have my vehicle make me sick. Buyer beware!!!!"

outhandles my 05 mustang gt!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"My family loves this car. even the Lexus suv owners in the family. great styling, handling & performance. very low maintenance required. good job cadillac!"

Scary-Unreliable

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Comfortable ride on long trips -Third seat almost not usable - other features ok. Needed new tires at 26,000. Computer went totally out in first 3mos. Three new batteries in 3 years, No warning- just completely goes "dead". Dealer blames Delco - Delco blames the car. Scary problem because your're anxious every time you go to start this car. Haven't been able to get the advertised mileages listed. Fortunately, the car is still under warranty. Can't wait till warranty expires to get rid of it. Re-sale, Trade in value terrible. Can not recomment this car - nor will I buy another Cadillac."

2006 SRX is OK

By on Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Overall the SRX is adequate. Given the price and the fact that it is a Cadillac I would have expected more especially when it come to the little things, e.g. no interior rear hatch release, seat belt stationary clasp too short, no side marker lights. seats uncomfortable for long rides, third seat unusable even for pets and very little front seat "storage" space. The car handles very well. Even with the V6 it has plenty of acceleration and with AWD it corners great. I've been able to get 19-20 MPG mixed driving with AC on. Not bad for such a large vehicle."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I have 2005 srx bought in feb 2006 with 8000 miles. When i bought it the nav system didn't work so right off the bat it was in the shop. Right now it is in the shop because my sunroof won't close without having to hold the button down and then it shakes also they are having to replace the driver's side suspension control arms they squeak and already at 26000 miles i need new front tires. By the way tires can't be rotated front and back tires are different sizes. they say the tires on it or at least on mine are designed to only last about 25000 miles. Other than that it drives great and handles great. Went to the new car show and that is not one vehicle there i wanted that i could afford more that this one."

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"I have owned three cars in the past 12 months. I love my 2006 AWD SRX. Drives like a small sports car. Yet high enough off the ground for good line of sight. Seats comfortable and a good balance between utility and performance driving. Only negatives are: MPG not very good. Wouldn't mind seeing more chrome hues on exterior. Storage bin a little small. However, I am in the market for an o7 now as I like my o6 that much."

Great Size

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"We owned several Tahoes prior to this vehicle and wanted something smaller. The SRX is very comfortable, handles GREAT and has had not mechanical or quality issues. Michelin tires have been a disapointment (had to replace one at 500 miles due to nail in tread: not covered by Michelin; irregular tread wear at 16,000 miles even though in alignment)"

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned the SRX for over a month and bought it as a certified used vehicle from a Cadillac dealer. For the value, no car can compare to this as a certified vehicle. The comfort and quality of the ride can only be acheived by paying over $10,000 more for a similar car that is an import. This is an American car at its best. After 5 years in an Audi, I have made the right choice here and I can highly recommend this vehicle. Good Luck!"

Nice in all areas except gas mileage

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quick, agile"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought this certified used car in 2010 with 45,000 miles on it. Timing belt jumped but I had extended warranty that covered the repair. No other problems. Now have 77,000 miles on it. Very comfortable, quick and powerful for a heavy car with a V-6 with 255 HP. Handles very well with all wheel drive. Gas mileage is poor at about 18 mpg in city and 22 mpg on highway. Overall, a very nice luxury CUV."

car has cost more to repair than to own

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "great stereo system and dvd"

Cons: "cost too much to repair and to keep running"

"Am trading ASAP because have spent thousands trying to get this car to run like a cadillac and it still not fixed. replaced all 4 hubs- twice; replaced tires; replaced radiator; replaced water pump; replaced transfer case."