2009 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

My SRX lives up to my expectations.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space and comfortable for long trips"

Cons: "Wish I had got the model with a 3rd row of seats"

"I drive alot and I needed a car that could offer comfort, reliability and decent gas mileage. My SRX is a 6 cyclinder and I noticed the difference right away, compared to the Cadillac DTS that I traded in (DTS was an 8 cylinder). In spite of the loss of speed, the SRX manuvers better and it gives me everything I need in a vehicle. Love the moon roof and the kids do too. I'd buy another SRX and would recommend it to a friend. Cadillac gets an A ."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"

Great Buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I purchased my SRX 7 months ago from Car max, It had 6,000 miles on the clock. I drove over 8,000 miles across the country this summer and can honestly say this car is great, very comfortable not bad gas mileage ( 20mpg) . My wife loves the heated seats and seating comfort. The dash board protrudes into the cockpit a little too far, and I could get picky about the sunroof controls and rear wiper controls the silly glove compartment (with no light). But really the only big complaint is that after about 10,00 miles the tires started to make major road noise. Perhaps a different brand of tire will solve this. Value for $'s spent. Absolutely!"

75,000 in 3 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Comfortable car to drive. Northstar engine very responsive - the reason I bought the car. We live in snow country and the AWD has always gotten me through the snow. I think the car could have more luxury creature comforts to make it more of a Cadillac and I wish the rear seats would fold flat. We live in the mountains (6000') and the car will outrun most everyone coming up the hill. I am looking for its replacement and I keep coming back to buying another one just like it, only a different color."

Great Crossover SUV!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "great handeling and great looks!"

Cons: "None."

"The all wheel drive is amazing in the snow. Lots of power from the 325HP North Star engine, and the 3rd row seating comes in handy occasionally."

Best Vehicle of the twenty I have owned

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "responsive, powerful, fun to drive, great value,"

Cons: "none that I have found in these years"

"If I knew that a Cadillac was this nice I would have bought one twenty years ago. The Cadillac SRX is beautiful and wonderful for traveling. The seats are large, well designed and comfortable. Even the back seats are adult sized and comfortable. The responsive, powerful vehicle rides and drives like none other. (I have owned twenty diffent vehicles, high end and low, foreign and domestic.) The bells and whistles are all functional and intelligent. I have owned three convertibles and the Cadillac panoramic sunroof is a great alternative to a convertible."

Work truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space in the back-decent milage"

Cons: "Havent had to yet but probably expensive to work o"

"My 2nd SRX. Cant wait to get the new body style. Great car!!! Great work vehicle. with 3rd seat down, I carry all my inspection tools including my 12' fold up ladder with the 2nd row seat up and in place for passebgers."

High maintenance beauty

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent family drive"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"The car looks great, feels great, rides great. However, shortly after we bought the vehicle, we found ourselves in and out of allignment. Soon we were replacing tires, rims, sway bar links, head lamp assemblies, power steering pump, the list seemed to go on. I have to believe that the "nickel and dime" here and there was only due to the fact that this vehicle's previous owner drove on oversalted New York state streets and highways. Everything underbody needed repairing or replacing. Every oil change was no less than $60, requiring 6 quarts of synthetic Mobil 1 brand oil. This girl seemed to slug the gas down too, with an approximately 18 gallon tank and 17 average miles per gallon. But what a luxurious drive when everything worked. Kids had DVD players with screens in each headrest, passengers rested in a powered/heated/lumbar bucket seat and 7 people fit in comfortably. When you weren't driving with full capacity, the 3rd row powered down out of sight with PLENTY of space. All in all, great car, just spendy to take care of. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have bought brand new."