2009 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

My SRX lives up to my expectations.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space and comfortable for long trips"

Cons: "Wish I had got the model with a 3rd row of seats"

"I drive alot and I needed a car that could offer comfort, reliability and decent gas mileage. My SRX is a 6 cyclinder and I noticed the difference right away, compared to the Cadillac DTS that I traded in (DTS was an 8 cylinder). In spite of the loss of speed, the SRX manuvers better and it gives me everything I need in a vehicle. Love the moon roof and the kids do too. I'd buy another SRX and would recommend it to a friend. Cadillac gets an A ."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"

Great Buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I purchased my SRX 7 months ago from Car max, It had 6,000 miles on the clock. I drove over 8,000 miles across the country this summer and can honestly say this car is great, very comfortable not bad gas mileage ( 20mpg) . My wife loves the heated seats and seating comfort. The dash board protrudes into the cockpit a little too far, and I could get picky about the sunroof controls and rear wiper controls the silly glove compartment (with no light). But really the only big complaint is that after about 10,00 miles the tires started to make major road noise. Perhaps a different brand of tire will solve this. Value for $'s spent. Absolutely!"