• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Cadillac SRX

7.8

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

good vehicle, does most things well.

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "moon roof, seating room is great, rear lift gate"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, 3rd ros seating is poor,"

"I have the 2007 AWD V6 SRX. Pros- It is decent on poor roads, very comfortable, rear seating is good even for larger adults, drives nice and has bee very reliable. The wife loves the large panoramic sun roof. Cons- third row seating is very limited and better not used, not fuel efficient, tires are limited and can be costly due to 2 different sizes. Overall, i would purchase another of the age of this due to the experience we have had."

Something always wrong!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Style and performance"

Cons: "Very tight footwells in front."

"2004 SRX has been nothing but problems since we bought it used in 2006 with 40K miles! Major issues: - Surging on down hill coast, very dangerous. Took dealer 4 times before they applied software update! - Transfer case failed at 60K - Rear drive shaft failed at 90K - Electrical issues in rear tailgate, still ongoing - Water in rear trunk jack compartment - Catalytic converts both failed at 105K - Major oil leaks List goes on!"

Expensive to maintaine.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car for a big family, luxury looks."

Cons: "Not fuel efficient with 4.6 L engine."

Impresive luxury

"Overall excellent American manufacturing, however expect to pay top money to keep it running in top condition. Powerfull engine but not good on fuel efficiency if you have the 4.6 L engine and the all wheel drive. Parts are not cheap for this crossover. Can fit 7 passangers easy if you have the third row seat,but no room in the trunk."

Impresive luxury

Best Car on the market

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Great car good ride no problems"

"I bought this car with 7 miles on it. It has been one of the best I have every had. rides good gets good mileage on the highway. White diamond in color and has been in the garage all his life."

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

My 2ed one and I love it.

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Versatile and decent gas mileage"

Cons: "A little wind noise from the ultra-roof"

2008 SRX

"My 2006 was AWD which I saw no need for here in Florida! This one is rear wheel drive and I get around 22 MPG highway which I think is good for the size of it. It is very comfortable and versatile and I will keep it awhile longer since the newer ones are smaller and FWD."

2008 SRX

Great Crossover SUV!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "great handeling and great looks!"

Cons: "None."

"The all wheel drive is amazing in the snow. Lots of power from the 325HP North Star engine, and the 3rd row seating comes in handy occasionally."

LOVE this car!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "drivability, spacious interior, trunk space"

Cons: "passenger front seat a little tight for tall peopl"

"We are a family of four, (2 kids under 5). The car is very comfortable and has plenty of room for car seats. It has the space of an SUV with the feeling of a car. The trunk is very large and can easily hold a stroller system, small bikes, tons of groceries, etc. The third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but young kids can easily sit there. The driving is very smooth. This is the first car that I am happy to keep until it dies, and will probably look for another after that."

Excellent car for a family or for cargo space

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

"This car has been an excellent vehicle. It drives well, has good power and the features included are all excellent. We have found it particularly helpful to have the extra space when the middle seats are turned down that makes the cargo area huge. The car has been extremely reliable."

Best ever

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"This is the third Cadillac SRX I have owned. I love everything about it, so much so that I will not buy anything but Cadillac in the future. The On Star feature proved extremely efficient when I had an accident. Before the airbags had deflated, they were on the line talking to me. I had no idea where I was or what had happened. Within minutes, On Star had called the State Police and the fire department and they were at my side. The first SRX I had was my first experience of 'all wheel drive'. I had 4 wheel drive previously. I was nervous, but took it out in the middle of a snowstorm and it behaved beautifully without any input from me. I vowed to only get the SRX, but then in2011 or 12 they changed the design, made it smaller, less visibility and a lithe claustrophobic. I do not like the new design, so am hoping that my 2008 will last me until I don't need to be out in all weathers. (I am a volunteer EMT). I can't think of anything I would change about this 2008 SRX."