2009 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Comfort and Useful

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"Our SRX V8 is averaging 17.1 mpg at an average speed of 34 mph. I think that is quite good for such a large "station wagon" with this much power. The car is very comfortable, quite responsive, both in handling and speed. Cross winds do not phase this car (we have the magnetronic suspension, don't know if that helps cross wind stability or not). Previous car was a BMW 525, this SRX handles and rides about the same and is much quicker. Brakes are good but pads wear out at about 25K miles, ours need replacing at next oil change. Tires are holding up well and wearing even. No squeaks or rattles so far. Very comfortable on long trips. Good leg room in second seat, my son is 6' 5" and is comfortable back there on long trips. The AWD stability control is great on snow and ice, we go skiing a lot and have tested this several times, excellent AWD system plus the transmission shifts very smooth both up and down. Poor visibility out the rear sides but the big mirrors are very good, just have to get used to that and then its ok. We have the ultra moon roof, its quiet below 75mph but wind noise at 80 and up. We have had no electrical or mechanical problems so far (20000 miles). As of now we are glad we bought it."

Overall Great Quality & Comfort

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I've owned this vehicle (V8) for about 2-1/2 years and I love the way the vehicle handles and rides. I'ts very comfortable for everyone. The quality is execellent and I've had no major problems with it. The only downside is the gas mileage--I'm only getting and average of about 15 mpg. I love all of the bells and whistles though."

Constant problems

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Bought this less than 2 years ago w/24K miles on it. Very comfortable car to ride in on long trips. Lots of space to haul family and cargo. Great sound system, DVD for the kids, etc. All of this not worth all the headaches and the lousy resale value. Uses a quart of oil every 1000 miles, sunroof needs greased every couple of months, just found out steering rack needs replaced, have to hit the passenger side window button a couple of times to get the window to come down, had to replace both pistons on the liftgate...the list goes on. All this with only 57K miles. Can't trade it because the value bottomed out. The hits keep on comin'."

Most comfortable car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great ride, and it's a Cadillac"

Cons: "Lack of power with the V6."

"With the ride of a Cadillac, and the sharp angled styling of a Cadillac, coupled with ample storage capacity, my 2007 SRX is one "Hot" ride. Beyond the obvious great looks and styling, the comfort is unequaled. The fully adjustable, leather seats, welcome you and embrace you, and the heated back and seat are indispensable on those frigid Minnesota mornings. The adjustable steering wheel along with the adjustable gas"

LOVE this car!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "drivability, spacious interior, trunk space"

Cons: "passenger front seat a little tight for tall peopl"

"We are a family of four, (2 kids under 5). The car is very comfortable and has plenty of room for car seats. It has the space of an SUV with the feeling of a car. The trunk is very large and can easily hold a stroller system, small bikes, tons of groceries, etc. The third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but young kids can easily sit there. The driving is very smooth. This is the first car that I am happy to keep until it dies, and will probably look for another after that."

Most unreliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"We have owned this vehicle for about a year. Had 24,000 miles on it when purchased. Has 34,000 miles on it now. In the last 6 months the car has had to be towed to the shop 6 times for starting/dead battery problem. You never know when the problem will rear it's ugly head. Cadillac has no idea what is the cause. There are at least 3 Technical Service Bullitens out on this problem and all deal with different possible causes. They are just replacing parts trying to find what might work. From researching the internet, it appears a number of other SRX's have the same problem. The vehicle handles superb and the V8 has all kinds of power. Getting the drivers seat adjusted for a 6'2" person on a long trip has been a problem. Other than the electrical problem this vehicle is a decent vehicle. Don't think I will be buying another one though."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"i traded a caddy sedan and this vehicle rides as good as ever, i'm very pleased with the performance and comfort. plenty of storage area too."

Expensive to maintaine.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car for a big family, luxury looks."

Cons: "Not fuel efficient with 4.6 L engine."

Impresive luxury

"Overall excellent American manufacturing, however expect to pay top money to keep it running in top condition. Powerfull engine but not good on fuel efficiency if you have the 4.6 L engine and the all wheel drive. Parts are not cheap for this crossover. Can fit 7 passangers easy if you have the third row seat,but no room in the trunk."

Impresive luxury

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

My SRX lives up to my expectations.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space and comfortable for long trips"

Cons: "Wish I had got the model with a 3rd row of seats"

"I drive alot and I needed a car that could offer comfort, reliability and decent gas mileage. My SRX is a 6 cyclinder and I noticed the difference right away, compared to the Cadillac DTS that I traded in (DTS was an 8 cylinder). In spite of the loss of speed, the SRX manuvers better and it gives me everything I need in a vehicle. Love the moon roof and the kids do too. I'd buy another SRX and would recommend it to a friend. Cadillac gets an A ."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"

Great Buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I purchased my SRX 7 months ago from Car max, It had 6,000 miles on the clock. I drove over 8,000 miles across the country this summer and can honestly say this car is great, very comfortable not bad gas mileage ( 20mpg) . My wife loves the heated seats and seating comfort. The dash board protrudes into the cockpit a little too far, and I could get picky about the sunroof controls and rear wiper controls the silly glove compartment (with no light). But really the only big complaint is that after about 10,00 miles the tires started to make major road noise. Perhaps a different brand of tire will solve this. Value for $'s spent. Absolutely!"

75,000 in 3 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Comfortable car to drive. Northstar engine very responsive - the reason I bought the car. We live in snow country and the AWD has always gotten me through the snow. I think the car could have more luxury creature comforts to make it more of a Cadillac and I wish the rear seats would fold flat. We live in the mountains (6000') and the car will outrun most everyone coming up the hill. I am looking for its replacement and I keep coming back to buying another one just like it, only a different color."

Great Ride!

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Just took my Cadillac SRX on a road trip to up state NY from MI. This car rides like a dream on a long trip. The seats are GREAT! The SRX road handling is awesome. The V6 has plenty of ponies under the hood, and the suspension handles very impressively for this type of vehicle. Drove the mountain roads around Lake Placid, NY and had PLENTY of FUN pushing the car through the curves. On the down side, fuel mileage could be better. Averaged 20MPG city/highway."

Great Crossover SUV!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "great handeling and great looks!"

Cons: "None."

"The all wheel drive is amazing in the snow. Lots of power from the 325HP North Star engine, and the 3rd row seating comes in handy occasionally."

Best Vehicle of the twenty I have owned

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "responsive, powerful, fun to drive, great value,"

Cons: "none that I have found in these years"

"If I knew that a Cadillac was this nice I would have bought one twenty years ago. The Cadillac SRX is beautiful and wonderful for traveling. The seats are large, well designed and comfortable. Even the back seats are adult sized and comfortable. The responsive, powerful vehicle rides and drives like none other. (I have owned twenty diffent vehicles, high end and low, foreign and domestic.) The bells and whistles are all functional and intelligent. I have owned three convertibles and the Cadillac panoramic sunroof is a great alternative to a convertible."

Work truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space in the back-decent milage"

Cons: "Havent had to yet but probably expensive to work o"

"My 2nd SRX. Cant wait to get the new body style. Great car!!! Great work vehicle. with 3rd seat down, I carry all my inspection tools including my 12' fold up ladder with the 2nd row seat up and in place for passebgers."

Move Over Imports

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"This is the best car I've ever owned. I have freinds that drive the Volvo SUV Crossover as well as the Mercedes ML and the BMW X5 and they all like the ride and feel of the my Cadillac better. I have more power, more room, and a whole lot more style! Move Over Imports...Caddy is here to rule!"

High maintenance beauty

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent family drive"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"The car looks great, feels great, rides great. However, shortly after we bought the vehicle, we found ourselves in and out of allignment. Soon we were replacing tires, rims, sway bar links, head lamp assemblies, power steering pump, the list seemed to go on. I have to believe that the "nickel and dime" here and there was only due to the fact that this vehicle's previous owner drove on oversalted New York state streets and highways. Everything underbody needed repairing or replacing. Every oil change was no less than $60, requiring 6 quarts of synthetic Mobil 1 brand oil. This girl seemed to slug the gas down too, with an approximately 18 gallon tank and 17 average miles per gallon. But what a luxurious drive when everything worked. Kids had DVD players with screens in each headrest, passengers rested in a powered/heated/lumbar bucket seat and 7 people fit in comfortably. When you weren't driving with full capacity, the 3rd row powered down out of sight with PLENTY of space. All in all, great car, just spendy to take care of. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have bought brand new."

Mold Smell in Ventilation System

By on Monday, November 02, 2009

"I bought a 2005 SRX & had to trade it in due to mold smell coming thru the ventilation system & dealer couldn't find the problem. I missed my SRX and decided to give it another try after another dealer told me that Cadillac knew there was a problem and the 2008 SRX has an afterblow fan that comes on so the mold issue shouldn't happen. I've now had my vehicle 1 yr w/22,000 miles on it and the mold smell is back, there is a rattle in the driver's door, shifting not smooth in the 30-40 mph range and once again the dealer can't find the problem. I tried to do the right thing and buy American and paid a premium price to get it and got less than a premium vehicle. It's a shame. I love the engine in my SRX. It's very comfortable to drive, but I can't have my vehicle make me sick. Buyer beware!!!!"

outhandles my 05 mustang gt!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"My family loves this car. even the Lexus suv owners in the family. great styling, handling & performance. very low maintenance required. good job cadillac!"

Scary-Unreliable

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Comfortable ride on long trips -Third seat almost not usable - other features ok. Needed new tires at 26,000. Computer went totally out in first 3mos. Three new batteries in 3 years, No warning- just completely goes "dead". Dealer blames Delco - Delco blames the car. Scary problem because your're anxious every time you go to start this car. Haven't been able to get the advertised mileages listed. Fortunately, the car is still under warranty. Can't wait till warranty expires to get rid of it. Re-sale, Trade in value terrible. Can not recomment this car - nor will I buy another Cadillac."

2006 SRX is OK

By on Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Overall the SRX is adequate. Given the price and the fact that it is a Cadillac I would have expected more especially when it come to the little things, e.g. no interior rear hatch release, seat belt stationary clasp too short, no side marker lights. seats uncomfortable for long rides, third seat unusable even for pets and very little front seat "storage" space. The car handles very well. Even with the V6 it has plenty of acceleration and with AWD it corners great. I've been able to get 19-20 MPG mixed driving with AC on. Not bad for such a large vehicle."