2008 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

High maintenance beauty

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent family drive"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"The car looks great, feels great, rides great. However, shortly after we bought the vehicle, we found ourselves in and out of allignment. Soon we were replacing tires, rims, sway bar links, head lamp assemblies, power steering pump, the list seemed to go on. I have to believe that the "nickel and dime" here and there was only due to the fact that this vehicle's previous owner drove on oversalted New York state streets and highways. Everything underbody needed repairing or replacing. Every oil change was no less than $60, requiring 6 quarts of synthetic Mobil 1 brand oil. This girl seemed to slug the gas down too, with an approximately 18 gallon tank and 17 average miles per gallon. But what a luxurious drive when everything worked. Kids had DVD players with screens in each headrest, passengers rested in a powered/heated/lumbar bucket seat and 7 people fit in comfortably. When you weren't driving with full capacity, the 3rd row powered down out of sight with PLENTY of space. All in all, great car, just spendy to take care of. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have bought brand new."

Mold Smell in Ventilation System

By on Monday, November 2, 2009

"I bought a 2005 SRX & had to trade it in due to mold smell coming thru the ventilation system & dealer couldn't find the problem. I missed my SRX and decided to give it another try after another dealer told me that Cadillac knew there was a problem and the 2008 SRX has an afterblow fan that comes on so the mold issue shouldn't happen. I've now had my vehicle 1 yr w/22,000 miles on it and the mold smell is back, there is a rattle in the driver's door, shifting not smooth in the 30-40 mph range and once again the dealer can't find the problem. I tried to do the right thing and buy American and paid a premium price to get it and got less than a premium vehicle. It's a shame. I love the engine in my SRX. It's very comfortable to drive, but I can't have my vehicle make me sick. Buyer beware!!!!"

outhandles my 05 mustang gt!

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"My family loves this car. even the Lexus suv owners in the family. great styling, handling & performance. very low maintenance required. good job cadillac!"

2006 SRX is OK

By on Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Overall the SRX is adequate. Given the price and the fact that it is a Cadillac I would have expected more especially when it come to the little things, e.g. no interior rear hatch release, seat belt stationary clasp too short, no side marker lights. seats uncomfortable for long rides, third seat unusable even for pets and very little front seat "storage" space. The car handles very well. Even with the V6 it has plenty of acceleration and with AWD it corners great. I've been able to get 19-20 MPG mixed driving with AC on. Not bad for such a large vehicle."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I have 2005 srx bought in feb 2006 with 8000 miles. When i bought it the nav system didn't work so right off the bat it was in the shop. Right now it is in the shop because my sunroof won't close without having to hold the button down and then it shakes also they are having to replace the driver's side suspension control arms they squeak and already at 26000 miles i need new front tires. By the way tires can't be rotated front and back tires are different sizes. they say the tires on it or at least on mine are designed to only last about 25000 miles. Other than that it drives great and handles great. Went to the new car show and that is not one vehicle there i wanted that i could afford more that this one."