2008 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Comfort and Useful

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"Our SRX V8 is averaging 17.1 mpg at an average speed of 34 mph. I think that is quite good for such a large "station wagon" with this much power. The car is very comfortable, quite responsive, both in handling and speed. Cross winds do not phase this car (we have the magnetronic suspension, don't know if that helps cross wind stability or not). Previous car was a BMW 525, this SRX handles and rides about the same and is much quicker. Brakes are good but pads wear out at about 25K miles, ours need replacing at next oil change. Tires are holding up well and wearing even. No squeaks or rattles so far. Very comfortable on long trips. Good leg room in second seat, my son is 6' 5" and is comfortable back there on long trips. The AWD stability control is great on snow and ice, we go skiing a lot and have tested this several times, excellent AWD system plus the transmission shifts very smooth both up and down. Poor visibility out the rear sides but the big mirrors are very good, just have to get used to that and then its ok. We have the ultra moon roof, its quiet below 75mph but wind noise at 80 and up. We have had no electrical or mechanical problems so far (20000 miles). As of now we are glad we bought it."

Overall Great Quality & Comfort

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I've owned this vehicle (V8) for about 2-1/2 years and I love the way the vehicle handles and rides. I'ts very comfortable for everyone. The quality is execellent and I've had no major problems with it. The only downside is the gas mileage--I'm only getting and average of about 15 mpg. I love all of the bells and whistles though."

Constant problems

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Bought this less than 2 years ago w/24K miles on it. Very comfortable car to ride in on long trips. Lots of space to haul family and cargo. Great sound system, DVD for the kids, etc. All of this not worth all the headaches and the lousy resale value. Uses a quart of oil every 1000 miles, sunroof needs greased every couple of months, just found out steering rack needs replaced, have to hit the passenger side window button a couple of times to get the window to come down, had to replace both pistons on the liftgate...the list goes on. All this with only 57K miles. Can't trade it because the value bottomed out. The hits keep on comin'."

Most comfortable car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great ride, and it's a Cadillac"

Cons: "Lack of power with the V6."

"With the ride of a Cadillac, and the sharp angled styling of a Cadillac, coupled with ample storage capacity, my 2007 SRX is one "Hot" ride. Beyond the obvious great looks and styling, the comfort is unequaled. The fully adjustable, leather seats, welcome you and embrace you, and the heated back and seat are indispensable on those frigid Minnesota mornings. The adjustable steering wheel along with the adjustable gas"

LOVE this car!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "drivability, spacious interior, trunk space"

Cons: "passenger front seat a little tight for tall peopl"

"We are a family of four, (2 kids under 5). The car is very comfortable and has plenty of room for car seats. It has the space of an SUV with the feeling of a car. The trunk is very large and can easily hold a stroller system, small bikes, tons of groceries, etc. The third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but young kids can easily sit there. The driving is very smooth. This is the first car that I am happy to keep until it dies, and will probably look for another after that."