2008 Cadillac SRX

7.8

Based on 300 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Expensive to maintaine.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car for a big family, luxury looks."

Cons: "Not fuel efficient with 4.6 L engine."

Impresive luxury

"Overall excellent American manufacturing, however expect to pay top money to keep it running in top condition. Powerfull engine but not good on fuel efficiency if you have the 4.6 L engine and the all wheel drive. Parts are not cheap for this crossover. Can fit 7 passangers easy if you have the third row seat,but no room in the trunk."

Impresive luxury

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

My SRX lives up to my expectations.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space and comfortable for long trips"

Cons: "Wish I had got the model with a 3rd row of seats"

"I drive alot and I needed a car that could offer comfort, reliability and decent gas mileage. My SRX is a 6 cyclinder and I noticed the difference right away, compared to the Cadillac DTS that I traded in (DTS was an 8 cylinder). In spite of the loss of speed, the SRX manuvers better and it gives me everything I need in a vehicle. Love the moon roof and the kids do too. I'd buy another SRX and would recommend it to a friend. Cadillac gets an A ."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"