2006 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 310 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

2006 SRX is OK

By on Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Overall the SRX is adequate. Given the price and the fact that it is a Cadillac I would have expected more especially when it come to the little things, e.g. no interior rear hatch release, seat belt stationary clasp too short, no side marker lights. seats uncomfortable for long rides, third seat unusable even for pets and very little front seat "storage" space. The car handles very well. Even with the V6 it has plenty of acceleration and with AWD it corners great. I've been able to get 19-20 MPG mixed driving with AC on. Not bad for such a large vehicle."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I have 2005 srx bought in feb 2006 with 8000 miles. When i bought it the nav system didn't work so right off the bat it was in the shop. Right now it is in the shop because my sunroof won't close without having to hold the button down and then it shakes also they are having to replace the driver's side suspension control arms they squeak and already at 26000 miles i need new front tires. By the way tires can't be rotated front and back tires are different sizes. they say the tires on it or at least on mine are designed to only last about 25000 miles. Other than that it drives great and handles great. Went to the new car show and that is not one vehicle there i wanted that i could afford more that this one."

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"I have owned three cars in the past 12 months. I love my 2006 AWD SRX. Drives like a small sports car. Yet high enough off the ground for good line of sight. Seats comfortable and a good balance between utility and performance driving. Only negatives are: MPG not very good. Wouldn't mind seeing more chrome hues on exterior. Storage bin a little small. However, I am in the market for an o7 now as I like my o6 that much."

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned the SRX for over a month and bought it as a certified used vehicle from a Cadillac dealer. For the value, no car can compare to this as a certified vehicle. The comfort and quality of the ride can only be acheived by paying over $10,000 more for a similar car that is an import. This is an American car at its best. After 5 years in an Audi, I have made the right choice here and I can highly recommend this vehicle. Good Luck!"

Nice in all areas except gas mileage

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quick, agile"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought this certified used car in 2010 with 45,000 miles on it. Timing belt jumped but I had extended warranty that covered the repair. No other problems. Now have 77,000 miles on it. Very comfortable, quick and powerful for a heavy car with a V-6 with 255 HP. Handles very well with all wheel drive. Gas mileage is poor at about 18 mpg in city and 22 mpg on highway. Overall, a very nice luxury CUV."

car has cost more to repair than to own

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "great stereo system and dvd"

Cons: "cost too much to repair and to keep running"

"Am trading ASAP because have spent thousands trying to get this car to run like a cadillac and it still not fixed. replaced all 4 hubs- twice; replaced tires; replaced radiator; replaced water pump; replaced transfer case."

Leased one, then bought a second. Great Looks!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"We had leased an SRX in 2004. When the lease ran out we decided to get another and to buy this one. Love the looks and space. The drive train and ride beats the Lexus RX that we have by a long shot. The front and rear A/C keeps all in control of their environment. We do not have the third seat but have the storage package instead. We can carry groceries easily and conveniently. Grown-ups can actually be very comfortable in all four seating positions and a fifth can ride in the rear seats well enough. It is not a sports car but handles well enough and gets us into traffic and out of trouble with ease."

I am enjoying the luxury of this vehicle!!!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, handling, speed when needed"

Cons: "Tires are very expensive."

"I have owned this cadilac for almost 2 years now and I enjoy driving it every day.This is the first caddy that I have owned and I would buy another in a minute. The power is outstanding. When you need it to move it will get up and go when you need it to. When you kick it and the turbo comes in to play you are gone. It handles great for the size of the vehicle. The low profile of the car does not make it top heavy when making a turn. This was a great puchase."

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"We purchased this car used with 15,000 in 2006, we now have over 130,000 miles and have never had a mechanical issue, I can easily see this vehicle making the 200,000 mile mark without a problem! There are several instances that I can say the AWD in this vehicle saved us from real bad wheather. My wife and I are both car fanatics and are amazed how well this car has performed and out performed are other cars (honda and ford to name a couple) We usually only keep cars for two or three years or until they start to give us trouble, we want to keep this one and will attempt to double the current millage.For us this is that car that we will never forget, it always runs perfect and looks so good after a wash, it has been impossible for us to replace!"

SRX 1st Edition: Awful

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I had lost faith in American built cars, regained it with a Ford SUV, and have completely lost it again after the purchase of the 2004 Cadillac SRX. This car has an awful, uncomfortable ride, has had multiple mechanical and electronic failures (many times the same thing breaking several times) and is generally nervewracking to drive. Having had to replace the right front blinker/fog light 3 times (@ $350/pop since the whole bumper has to be removed and it's not the bulb, it's the entire fixture), the left one once, the trunk no longer opens, the sunroof needs manual intervention to close, etc, etc, etc. I will never buy the first edition of a Cadillac car again. It didn't help that the dealer was dishonest about registering it as a "Cadillac Certified" used car, so all repairs have been out of pocket. Being the owner of a lemon flavored guinea pig is something I recommend to no one."