2006 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 313 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

LOVE this car!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "drivability, spacious interior, trunk space"

Cons: "passenger front seat a little tight for tall peopl"

"We are a family of four, (2 kids under 5). The car is very comfortable and has plenty of room for car seats. It has the space of an SUV with the feeling of a car. The trunk is very large and can easily hold a stroller system, small bikes, tons of groceries, etc. The third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but young kids can easily sit there. The driving is very smooth. This is the first car that I am happy to keep until it dies, and will probably look for another after that."

Most unreliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"We have owned this vehicle for about a year. Had 24,000 miles on it when purchased. Has 34,000 miles on it now. In the last 6 months the car has had to be towed to the shop 6 times for starting/dead battery problem. You never know when the problem will rear it's ugly head. Cadillac has no idea what is the cause. There are at least 3 Technical Service Bullitens out on this problem and all deal with different possible causes. They are just replacing parts trying to find what might work. From researching the internet, it appears a number of other SRX's have the same problem. The vehicle handles superb and the V8 has all kinds of power. Getting the drivers seat adjusted for a 6'2" person on a long trip has been a problem. Other than the electrical problem this vehicle is a decent vehicle. Don't think I will be buying another one though."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"

Best Vehicle of the twenty I have owned

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "responsive, powerful, fun to drive, great value,"

Cons: "none that I have found in these years"

"If I knew that a Cadillac was this nice I would have bought one twenty years ago. The Cadillac SRX is beautiful and wonderful for traveling. The seats are large, well designed and comfortable. Even the back seats are adult sized and comfortable. The responsive, powerful vehicle rides and drives like none other. (I have owned twenty diffent vehicles, high end and low, foreign and domestic.) The bells and whistles are all functional and intelligent. I have owned three convertibles and the Cadillac panoramic sunroof is a great alternative to a convertible."

My SRX lives up to my expectations.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space and comfortable for long trips"

Cons: "Wish I had got the model with a 3rd row of seats"

"I drive alot and I needed a car that could offer comfort, reliability and decent gas mileage. My SRX is a 6 cyclinder and I noticed the difference right away, compared to the Cadillac DTS that I traded in (DTS was an 8 cylinder). In spite of the loss of speed, the SRX manuvers better and it gives me everything I need in a vehicle. Love the moon roof and the kids do too. I'd buy another SRX and would recommend it to a friend. Cadillac gets an A ."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"i traded a caddy sedan and this vehicle rides as good as ever, i'm very pleased with the performance and comfort. plenty of storage area too."

Great Ride!

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Just took my Cadillac SRX on a road trip to up state NY from MI. This car rides like a dream on a long trip. The seats are GREAT! The SRX road handling is awesome. The V6 has plenty of ponies under the hood, and the suspension handles very impressively for this type of vehicle. Drove the mountain roads around Lake Placid, NY and had PLENTY of FUN pushing the car through the curves. On the down side, fuel mileage could be better. Averaged 20MPG city/highway."

Expensive to maintaine.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car for a big family, luxury looks."

Cons: "Not fuel efficient with 4.6 L engine."

Impresive luxury

"Overall excellent American manufacturing, however expect to pay top money to keep it running in top condition. Powerfull engine but not good on fuel efficiency if you have the 4.6 L engine and the all wheel drive. Parts are not cheap for this crossover. Can fit 7 passangers easy if you have the third row seat,but no room in the trunk."

Impresive luxury

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."