2005 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Ride!

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Just took my Cadillac SRX on a road trip to up state NY from MI. This car rides like a dream on a long trip. The seats are GREAT! The SRX road handling is awesome. The V6 has plenty of ponies under the hood, and the suspension handles very impressively for this type of vehicle. Drove the mountain roads around Lake Placid, NY and had PLENTY of FUN pushing the car through the curves. On the down side, fuel mileage could be better. Averaged 20MPG city/highway."

Expensive to maintaine.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car for a big family, luxury looks."

Cons: "Not fuel efficient with 4.6 L engine."

Impresive luxury

"Overall excellent American manufacturing, however expect to pay top money to keep it running in top condition. Powerfull engine but not good on fuel efficiency if you have the 4.6 L engine and the all wheel drive. Parts are not cheap for this crossover. Can fit 7 passangers easy if you have the third row seat,but no room in the trunk."

Impresive luxury

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."