• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood

9.5

Based on 63 Ratings for the 1993 - 1996 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.9/10

Owned for three months. Purchased Dec. 2013

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Big,Black,Powerful,Inexpensive,SAFE,Comfortable"

Cons: "Takes a large parking spot!"

"This car is twenty years old. The original owner was an older couple in a nearby town. The second owner lived a little further away (60 miles from the original owner). The second owner did NOT pull much maintenance on the car, but being older, too, didn't abuse it too bad. She did change the oil, but never had the cooling system flushed or paid any attention to the tires. After the purchase, I spent $2000 getting it "up to snuff" (new radiator, water pump, belt, and a few minor adjustments). This car has only 85,000 miles on it and the Lt1 is smoooooooth. This has been a dream car of mine for more years than it's been around. With my back having three compressed vertebrae, it's a pleasure to drive. The 260 horsepower puts my last car (2001 Town Car) to shame. It's Black with the grey interior. It's sharp, it's sweet, it's classy. My wife loves it, too. We've got very little into it for what it's worth to us. There's not a rear wheel drive vehicle out there today to even compare it to. 225 inches long and 4500 lbs."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"We've owned two 1996 Fleetwoods for 13 years, since they were new. They're the best automobiles we've ever owned, and we've had 6 Cadillacs and 2 Lincoln Towncars. Comfortable - will easily transport 6 adults, plush leather seating, great amenities. Reliable - have never left us stranded. Fast - the Corvette LT1 350 engine and drive train are wonderful. Though we never do this, the car will reach 60 mph in 8 seconds - pretty good for a 4,500 lb. car. Great gas mileage - routinely 16 to 18 mpg in town, 24 to 25 mpg on the road. On our most recent road trip we drove just under the posted speed limits, and got 28.3 mpg - with 3 adults and a trunk full of luggage. Attractive - no rust on either vehicle so far and we live in the rust belt. Elegant styling - we get frequent unsolicited purchase offers for them. Huge trunk - multiple golf bags or luggage for 6 people. Very quiet interior - comfortable seating positions, great sound system. Repair - oil changes every 2K miles and whatever is needed, plus a few minor expected items. One has 55K miles, the other 83K miles. Replacement parts may become an issue, but not so far. Driveability - precise, intuitive handling, great in ice and snow, a dream to drive. Don't need new cars now, but would definitely buy another. Unfortunately, nothing like the 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood is manufactured today."

American Quality

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Fast, smooth, quiet, and comfortable. In 117,000 miles, I've replaced tires and wipers, and that's ALL! Puts Japanese cars in the shade for reliability and smokes most of them on the highway. I've owned more than 30 cars, everything from from VW to Fiat, MG, Austin Healey and Lotus, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Volvo, Corvair, Odlsmobile and Studebaker (yep, I'm an old codger). This Caddy beats them all."

Best car ever made

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"I bought this car to replace an aging Lincoln Mark VII that I had. The Lincoln had complex electronics that were not passing the test of time. The quality and engineering on the Cadillac is superior in every way. It rides smooth, fast and gets 20mpg on the highway. The styling is unique, American and has chrome, which is rare for a newer car. It's roomy and you can fit a lot of friends inside, including the front center, as it has a bench seat. It has simple, well refined mechanicals. The Corvette-derived LT-1 is a dream and the 4L60E Transmission is the best you could get from GM in the 90's. The optional CD/Tape system sounds great and gets excellent reception, like only a Delco can. Other than normal maintenance, this car has required nothing and has not developed any squeaks or rattles driving over broken NY roads. If I had greater resources, I would buy a whole bunch of low-mileage Broughams, so that I would have one to drive for the rest of my life. There's no better car. It is the ultimate refinement of the classic Cadillac theme. The only complaint is that the interior is not as well made and the surface-dyed leather is inferior to the Sierra-Grain vat-dyed leather used on the 92 Brougham. It's a small complaint."

this is one fine land yacht

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "wish it had a/c seats for the hot summers"

"i own a 2002 BMW 530i and a 1996 cadillac fleetwood and the bmw is quicker and handle tight and is fast the Fleetwood also have the gusty power as well and it float on the highway like a yacht on the ocean - everyone should get a opportunity to drive this beast of a car the fleetwood you will not regret it - a fine american classic modern full size car to enjoy"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Fleetwood near Honolulu. See local deals