• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $56,869 - $59,530.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Awesome truck.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"What could be better? Nothing. Love this truck! Only thing I wish it had is bluetooth for my phone."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Think twice

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Cadillac...the master of gadgetry. They should make every GM executive drive a Lexus or even a Toyota. Buy a truck with a sticker of 66k and they don't even have a dedicated place to put your sun glasses. Good luck programing the Home Link if you have a Wayne Dalton garage door. Get the DVD option and you have no place to store the head phones. With all the seats in, you can't put a set of golf clubs in the back. Do the people who design these actually have the opportunity to drive one for a month or so? A lot of plastic cheezy parts. On the other hand, it goes really fast and gets 12 MPG. The ride is great, and if you turn up the XM Satellite Radio, you won't hear the seats in the back rattle in the upright position. It comes with every bell and whistle you could imagine, heated washer fluid, heated steering wheel, all nice but not a very practical vehicle for that much money."

Caddy who?

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Okay, I LOVE GM, especially Cadillac. But 2007 Escalade was a bad year to buy, and that is quoting the service guy at my dealer. From LOUD wind noise in driver door, to transmission/shifting issues, to broken lighters, to squealing brakes, to battery failure in six months, the list goes on and on. I bought in Dec 2006 and it was in the shop 12 times in 12 months. They say don't buy a new model in its first year. I should have listened. If it worked correctly, it would be the best SUV of 2007. I test drove them ALL. Almost bought a Lexus but I had to go American made. I was let down. I'm sure Caddy has fixed the problems in 2008....I wish I had waited."

Best over all luxury SUV - Look and comfort!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable drive/ride, w/ good exceleration"

Cons: "some cheep design features (plastic door handles)"

"This is my 3rd Escalade. I love the look and drive... not to mention the compliments that I get. My 1st was a white 2002 lease in 2001 that was a big mistake, ONLY because I ran the miles up and had to pay for them. This started my addiction at! My 2nd, a used black 2002 in 2004 with much lower mileage than my 1st ended with... this car I had to replace the transmission at 80k, but NO other issues. I traded the 2nd in at 120k miles for my 3rd, a taupe 2007 in 2009 w/ 18k miles. Today my 07 has just over 100k and I've had no mechanical issues. I do feel though that the quality of the cosmetics of the truck have declined over the years. Examples of my 2007: The interior door handles are peeling because they have a plastic coating. The dash buttons paints are rubbing off (temperature control, etc..) 1 outside door handle has pulled away from the door on 1 side, but it still works. My mechanic says that this is a commonly replaced part on Escalades. The center hub cap comes offs and/or is too easily removed causing them to be stolen.. but it's because they fall off and need to be replaced often making them a quick resale at $50 plus. - All that said, I've loved my Escalades. I have kids/teens who play travel sports. We load up and travel very comfortably almost every weekend (thus the high mileage) . The ride is very smooth unlike most "trucks".. it trumps the Range Rover, which I owned a 2005 in 2007 for less than 1 yr, because I preferred the luxury driving and get up and go feel of my 2002 Escalade. I driven and ridden as passenger of every "luxury" SUV on the market.. the Escalade rides and handles the BEST for it's size! The first 2 sat 8, but the 3rd is a 7 seater with the walk through. I think that the kids like the walk through better as it doesn't seem like your segregated and the 2nd row has the automatic fold button. - Though gas prices are a deterrent for driving a full size SUV, I don't find the Escalade to be a gas guzzler. If you can afford the truck and the gas, it's a no-brainer. - (30 something, Mom of 2)"

Don't judge a book by it's cover

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This is the most beautiful SUV on the market. Too bad the performance doesn't match the appearance. Also, it is unfortunate the manufacturer does not provide customer service equivalent to the $65,000 price tag on this vehicle. I've had this vehicle for 8 months and it has been in for repair at least 8 times. Car has an electrical issue and looses all power (including On Star capabilities) 5 times so far. Dealership and manufacturer could care less and have offered nothing other than to wash and detail the car. I've renamed the car my Cadillac "Lemon"ade."

I would buy another.

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"This is my first Caddy and I am very pleased. It is a stunner, and gathers a lot looks. It is dripping with chrome. Love the 22" rims. Lots of power and it's delivered very smoothly (love the sound of the V8). Synthetic oil changes are costly, but the oil does seem to last longer. Gas mileage is not bad for a rig this size (hemi equipped Jeep GC only gets 1 more mpg and its much smaller!!) I haven't had any service issues, and the car has only needed one new tire at 7000 miles due to road debris (tire cost $300 with mounting, and it had to be ordered. Took 5 days to come in!). Love the gauges, and the cabin is comfy. Leather is very supple and the cooled seats are fantastic and they cool very quickly. My only gripe has to do with the power windows; Express down is nice, but I still wonder why GM can't do express up? A quick tip, if you live in snowy areas and buy this car, wash it quickly after being out in the snow. Mag chloride and other chemicals the cities use to melt the ice, play havoc with all the chrome and quickly leads to oxidation. Clean that junk off quick."

At 71 I have owned dozens of automobiles and this

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

"is without a doubt the best,great ride,and confort,low maint. easy handeling,overall just a super vehicle."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"The 2007 Escalade is a very safe and nice ride. The gas milage is not very good and that makes it really hard to drive every day when gas price's are at +/- $3.25. The front A/C seats are awesome in the summer time. JB"

Excellent SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've owned my SUV for 2 months with 6900 miles on it. I've been in the GM family for over 10 years with both models of the Yukon Denali. I upgraded to the escalade due to the head turning styling. Sitting back and thinking of all the things that I like and dislike about this vehicle has been hard. There is an abundant of likes including: Turning radius is amazing; better than my S55 Benz, Air Conditioned seats, Exterior and Interior styling, Electric fold down seats, Seats are comfortable than the previous model, electric lift gate, Horsepower, place your foot on the gas and get ready to take off. There is nothing that I dislike but things that I would change – Own look away from the Yukon and Tahoe, Manual transmission (steptronics) should be place on the back of the steering wheel in stead of the gear shift (very uncomfortable to use), Rear windows (3rd row) should ventilate, option – for mothers and dogs owners – 3rd row seats should fold into the floor electronically. The seats are heavy to remove, but comfortable for a 3rd row. One complaint from my husband, who is 6ft 5 and 310, the console should have been smaller for a large seat, and last but not least Gas MILEAGE!"

Never thought I'd own a Cadillac

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great service, cool features."

Cons: "MPG could be better but after all it is a 400HP V8"

"After years of owning nothing but BMW's and Range Rovers if anyone had told me that I would buy a Cadillac I would have laughed at them. Then a couple of years ago both my 550i and my RR were coming up for lease end so my wife and I would need new cars. We test drove the ML550 thought it was nice but too "car like", we test drove a new RR; same old same old and then my wife suggested we look at an Escalade at first I thought "No way" but we went and arranged for an extended test drive as we had done with the others. We were no more than 1/4 mi from the dealer when we looked at each other and said this is the one. We went back and bought it and a month later I went back and bought the CTS Coupe. I'm now on my second Escalade and all cars were/are flawless. They drive and feel as if they were carved from a single block of steel. I just can't say enough good things about these vehicles and the dealer has treated me like gold. I doubt that I will ever own another foreign car or a different domestic for that matter."

Typical Bad GM Quality

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"Bought brand new dec. 2007. Battery went dead a month later. 1 out of the 4 of the wheel hub covers was different. one spark plug went bad after 6 months. the back window pops open when you close the hatch and cadillac can't seem to fix it after several tries...and this is supposed to be GM's luxury brand and their flagship division. no wonder they went bankrupt. when one pays over $70,000, these things should not be happening."

Sharpest looking full sized SUV ever made

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Always a head turner"

Cons: "Re-sale/trade in value is too low."

"If you're looking for comfort, style safety, and reliability this is the car to own. I have put nearly 100,000 miles on this car and it as taken me through he'll and back. While Mercedes has he GL 550, which is not bad looking, this is still he sharpest looking full sized SUV ever made, as long as you get the package with the 22"rims."

Awesome

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Never thought we would buy a caddy but I am glad we did. This SUV is definitely awesome, everything works like a dream and it handles like a sports car. Can flick it in and out of parking spaces and down the highway. Comfort for every passenger and diamond white with black definitely gets the looks with the huge chromed 22's. mileage avg 15 city and 19 hwy use premium every 2nd or 3rd fill and reg or plus otherwise."

The Most Acclaimed SUV in the World

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Build Quality, fit"

Cons: "Non telescoping steering wheel, loud muffler"

"I love this SUV. After 25,000 trouble free miles, I can say without reservation, that the Escalade is worth the cost. I've owned many SUVs' throughout the years (MB G500, ML550, GL550, BMW X5, Audi Q7)from the European car makers, and I'm proud to say that GM's Escalade out classes them all. It even outshines a Japanese SUV that we've owned (Infinity Q56)."

I'm sorry I bought it

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"I have to admit that I am naturally more of an economical shopper but broke down because this was a vehicle my husband really wanted to have. The immediate depreciation on this vehicle is UNBELIEVABLE. We've had it in the shop for repairs SEVERAL times over the past year. For the money, I would definately expect more."

Luxury at its finest,always room for improvement

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "You will Love what it does for You. ;)"

Cons: "The third row seat is a pain in the Rear End."

"Have been owning Foreign Cars forever. Have decided to be patriotic and support the American GOP and do what I can to help get GM back to the upper tier status. Bought my first American Made Car and went straight to the top. The 2013 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum. Top of the line Vehicle with all the trim. Surprised that it did not come with the heated steering wheel though. Vehicle came with everything else. Hand Stitched French Leather trim all around the dash, Seats, doors and Olive wood panel accents...truly a work of art. Bose Stereo system with 10 Speakers is top quality and the even though hybrid, the engine give's a major punch upon request. Same hybrid technology used in buses for years. Complete Battery runs when 30MPH or below. Heated and Cooled seats in the front and heated in the back row. Why not cool the back row also? heated and cooled Cup Holder in the front seats. 4 Monitors to watch and 2 to play video games. Watch the DVD in the front when parked. HID lights are super bright with automatic brights when driving in the worst of darkest of areas. Blind Spot warning on the mirrors keeps you aware of your surroundings without having to completely turn your head. If you can afford the luxury, you will be completely spoiled in it. The best part of the Deal is the maintenance that Cadillac provides. Inspection Stickers, oil Changes, all filter changes, everything, I mean Every single maintenance issue is provided by Cadillac at no extra cost. Absolute worry free Pampered Perfection."

I love this SUV

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, space and luxury"

Cons: "Costs"

"I have had this for over 2 years and love it! I normally would have traded a vehicle in by now, but can't bare to part with it. It works great when we go on vacation with extra family members with the extra seating and plenty of cargo space. I must say that I love having all of the space. I can throw the kids bikes and whatever else in at a whim with ease. I can go to Sam's club with out ever worrying about space. I live in SC so the flex fuel option has been worth it."

Vehicle way overrated

By on Friday, March 14, 2008

"When you compare this vehicle other vehicles in this price range like Lexus, Mercedes,and Infinity, this truck is seriosly lacking. Me, being a car collector with names like Ferrari, Mercedes, Lamborgini, and Porsche just want to warn you before buying this vehicle. It looks very nice with all the chrome, shine, tvs, and bling. But their is no quality. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone's start falling apart weeks after they leave the dealership. I know mine is--and with only 3000 miles."

Tremendous comfort, easy handling, perfect height

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"This is the coolest, finest vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect for me personally. Perfect for my family and excellent for business outings. I loved this car for 7 years. I'm only now considering a trade-in or upgrade. It looks and feels like it would go another 125,000 miles"

It's a Cadillac...

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Great drive..."

Cons: "No sun blocker at the sun roof opening."

"Now part of the Cadillac Family...this is a vehicle I will drive and keep...pass on to my son...it is a forever vehicle..."

Best ride and drive car.

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Third Escalade I've owned other two both had approx. 100,000 miles when I sold them. Absolutely, no truble with any of them."

Excellent SUV

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"It is an excellent drive on the open road. This is my 10th SUV from Suburbans, Tahoes and GMC models, my first Cadillac SUV. the third seat and it's attachment to the floor is the worst design of all ten."

2007 Escalade is full of problems

By on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

"You decide. I have tape holding up the hitch cover, have never used, one day it popped down and won't stay closed since. Needed 3 brake jobs in under 50K miles, GM dealer claims it's the driver, I know from previous Cadillac experience, it is not. Oxygen sensors damage easy, GM says it's like driving down the road and a rock hitting the windshield...neither warranty item, even though it happened in less than 30K miles and wires were damaged and I have no idea where they are located to protect them from being damaged again, two recalls, 2nd one they want to disable the wiper heater and provide me $100, the finish is peeling off the rims, the liftgate malfunctioned and hitting people in the head, the hydraulic arms on the rear window fall off causing the window to slam shut, on top of the arm which protrudes from under the glass. The seat heater doesn't work consistently, usually on days when my back hurts the most. The '07 Escalade is the biggest $65,000 disappointment I've ever had."

escalade...perfect

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"You really couldnt ask for more..the cadillac escalade is an awesome ride. It has virtually everything one could need. [depends on upgrades]. Mine has the works except for power running boards, which I didnt want anyway. I live in a snow area, and fixed running boards are much better. Mine is Blue chip, a fairly rare color, most being black, tri-coat white, or silver/gold. I've had numerous people comment on it. That w/22" wheels makes it stand out amoungst all other suv's. Yes, its expensive, new at $68k plus tax, but well worth it. You wont be disappointed owning one!"