2012 Cadillac Escalade

8.4

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best over all luxury SUV - Look and comfort!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable drive/ride, w/ good exceleration"

Cons: "some cheep design features (plastic door handles)"

"This is my 3rd Escalade. I love the look and drive... not to mention the compliments that I get. My 1st was a white 2002 lease in 2001 that was a big mistake, ONLY because I ran the miles up and had to pay for them. This started my addiction at! My 2nd, a used black 2002 in 2004 with much lower mileage than my 1st ended with... this car I had to replace the transmission at 80k, but NO other issues. I traded the 2nd in at 120k miles for my 3rd, a taupe 2007 in 2009 w/ 18k miles. Today my 07 has just over 100k and I've had no mechanical issues. I do feel though that the quality of the cosmetics of the truck have declined over the years. Examples of my 2007: The interior door handles are peeling because they have a plastic coating. The dash buttons paints are rubbing off (temperature control, etc..) 1 outside door handle has pulled away from the door on 1 side, but it still works. My mechanic says that this is a commonly replaced part on Escalades. The center hub cap comes offs and/or is too easily removed causing them to be stolen.. but it's because they fall off and need to be replaced often making them a quick resale at $50 plus. - All that said, I've loved my Escalades. I have kids/teens who play travel sports. We load up and travel very comfortably almost every weekend (thus the high mileage) . The ride is very smooth unlike most "trucks".. it trumps the Range Rover, which I owned a 2005 in 2007 for less than 1 yr, because I preferred the luxury driving and get up and go feel of my 2002 Escalade. I driven and ridden as passenger of every "luxury" SUV on the market.. the Escalade rides and handles the BEST for it's size! The first 2 sat 8, but the 3rd is a 7 seater with the walk through. I think that the kids like the walk through better as it doesn't seem like your segregated and the 2nd row has the automatic fold button. - Though gas prices are a deterrent for driving a full size SUV, I don't find the Escalade to be a gas guzzler. If you can afford the truck and the gas, it's a no-brainer. - (30 something, Mom of 2)"

Caddy who?

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Okay, I LOVE GM, especially Cadillac. But 2007 Escalade was a bad year to buy, and that is quoting the service guy at my dealer. From LOUD wind noise in driver door, to transmission/shifting issues, to broken lighters, to squealing brakes, to battery failure in six months, the list goes on and on. I bought in Dec 2006 and it was in the shop 12 times in 12 months. They say don't buy a new model in its first year. I should have listened. If it worked correctly, it would be the best SUV of 2007. I test drove them ALL. Almost bought a Lexus but I had to go American made. I was let down. I'm sure Caddy has fixed the problems in 2008....I wish I had waited."

Don't judge a book by it's cover

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This is the most beautiful SUV on the market. Too bad the performance doesn't match the appearance. Also, it is unfortunate the manufacturer does not provide customer service equivalent to the $65,000 price tag on this vehicle. I've had this vehicle for 8 months and it has been in for repair at least 8 times. Car has an electrical issue and looses all power (including On Star capabilities) 5 times so far. Dealership and manufacturer could care less and have offered nothing other than to wash and detail the car. I've renamed the car my Cadillac "Lemon"ade."

I would buy another.

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"This is my first Caddy and I am very pleased. It is a stunner, and gathers a lot looks. It is dripping with chrome. Love the 22" rims. Lots of power and it's delivered very smoothly (love the sound of the V8). Synthetic oil changes are costly, but the oil does seem to last longer. Gas mileage is not bad for a rig this size (hemi equipped Jeep GC only gets 1 more mpg and its much smaller!!) I haven't had any service issues, and the car has only needed one new tire at 7000 miles due to road debris (tire cost $300 with mounting, and it had to be ordered. Took 5 days to come in!). Love the gauges, and the cabin is comfy. Leather is very supple and the cooled seats are fantastic and they cool very quickly. My only gripe has to do with the power windows; Express down is nice, but I still wonder why GM can't do express up? A quick tip, if you live in snowy areas and buy this car, wash it quickly after being out in the snow. Mag chloride and other chemicals the cities use to melt the ice, play havoc with all the chrome and quickly leads to oxidation. Clean that junk off quick."

At 71 I have owned dozens of automobiles and this

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

"is without a doubt the best,great ride,and confort,low maint. easy handeling,overall just a super vehicle."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Definite luxury in a SUV. Rides great and has awesome power! The only down side is the price of gas these days"

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"The 2007 Escalade is a very safe and nice ride. The gas milage is not very good and that makes it really hard to drive every day when gas price's are at +/- $3.25. The front A/C seats are awesome in the summer time. JB"

Excellent SUV

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I've owned my SUV for 2 months with 6900 miles on it. I've been in the GM family for over 10 years with both models of the Yukon Denali. I upgraded to the escalade due to the head turning styling. Sitting back and thinking of all the things that I like and dislike about this vehicle has been hard. There is an abundant of likes including: Turning radius is amazing; better than my S55 Benz, Air Conditioned seats, Exterior and Interior styling, Electric fold down seats, Seats are comfortable than the previous model, electric lift gate, Horsepower, place your foot on the gas and get ready to take off. There is nothing that I dislike but things that I would change – Own look away from the Yukon and Tahoe, Manual transmission (steptronics) should be place on the back of the steering wheel in stead of the gear shift (very uncomfortable to use), Rear windows (3rd row) should ventilate, option – for mothers and dogs owners – 3rd row seats should fold into the floor electronically. The seats are heavy to remove, but comfortable for a 3rd row. One complaint from my husband, who is 6ft 5 and 310, the console should have been smaller for a large seat, and last but not least Gas MILEAGE!"

Never thought I'd own a Cadillac

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great service, cool features."

Cons: "MPG could be better but after all it is a 400HP V8"

"After years of owning nothing but BMW's and Range Rovers if anyone had told me that I would buy a Cadillac I would have laughed at them. Then a couple of years ago both my 550i and my RR were coming up for lease end so my wife and I would need new cars. We test drove the ML550 thought it was nice but too "car like", we test drove a new RR; same old same old and then my wife suggested we look at an Escalade at first I thought "No way" but we went and arranged for an extended test drive as we had done with the others. We were no more than 1/4 mi from the dealer when we looked at each other and said this is the one. We went back and bought it and a month later I went back and bought the CTS Coupe. I'm now on my second Escalade and all cars were/are flawless. They drive and feel as if they were carved from a single block of steel. I just can't say enough good things about these vehicles and the dealer has treated me like gold. I doubt that I will ever own another foreign car or a different domestic for that matter."

Typical Bad GM Quality

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"Bought brand new dec. 2007. Battery went dead a month later. 1 out of the 4 of the wheel hub covers was different. one spark plug went bad after 6 months. the back window pops open when you close the hatch and cadillac can't seem to fix it after several tries...and this is supposed to be GM's luxury brand and their flagship division. no wonder they went bankrupt. when one pays over $70,000, these things should not be happening."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade near Honolulu. See local deals