• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Cadillac Escalade

8.4

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Numerous minor problems

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"The negatives are: 1. front seat passenger leg room lacking 2. door handles have fallen off repeatedly 3. door locks have failed repeatedly 4. front tires have worn on inside edge needing replacement several times The positives are: 1. reasonable gas mileage for this type of vehicle 2. plenty of power towing & good acceleration 3. nice style 4. reasonably smooth ride Really wouldn't recommend to anyone."

Paying for the name

By on Saturday, February 06, 2010

"I love the stigma that comes with driving an Escalade and I'm not afraid of saying it! Let's be honest, you are paying extra money just for the name cause you can get similar vehicles for less money but what fun would that be?"

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Long had Chevy Blazers and had long wanted to step up in style & comfort. Couldn't be happier."

Awesome truck.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"What could be better? Nothing. Love this truck! Only thing I wish it had is bluetooth for my phone."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Think twice

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Cadillac...the master of gadgetry. They should make every GM executive drive a Lexus or even a Toyota. Buy a truck with a sticker of 66k and they don't even have a dedicated place to put your sun glasses. Good luck programing the Home Link if you have a Wayne Dalton garage door. Get the DVD option and you have no place to store the head phones. With all the seats in, you can't put a set of golf clubs in the back. Do the people who design these actually have the opportunity to drive one for a month or so? A lot of plastic cheezy parts. On the other hand, it goes really fast and gets 12 MPG. The ride is great, and if you turn up the XM Satellite Radio, you won't hear the seats in the back rattle in the upright position. It comes with every bell and whistle you could imagine, heated washer fluid, heated steering wheel, all nice but not a very practical vehicle for that much money."

Caddy who?

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Okay, I LOVE GM, especially Cadillac. But 2007 Escalade was a bad year to buy, and that is quoting the service guy at my dealer. From LOUD wind noise in driver door, to transmission/shifting issues, to broken lighters, to squealing brakes, to battery failure in six months, the list goes on and on. I bought in Dec 2006 and it was in the shop 12 times in 12 months. They say don't buy a new model in its first year. I should have listened. If it worked correctly, it would be the best SUV of 2007. I test drove them ALL. Almost bought a Lexus but I had to go American made. I was let down. I'm sure Caddy has fixed the problems in 2008....I wish I had waited."

Best over all luxury SUV - Look and comfort!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable drive/ride, w/ good exceleration"

Cons: "some cheep design features (plastic door handles)"

"This is my 3rd Escalade. I love the look and drive... not to mention the compliments that I get. My 1st was a white 2002 lease in 2001 that was a big mistake, ONLY because I ran the miles up and had to pay for them. This started my addiction at! My 2nd, a used black 2002 in 2004 with much lower mileage than my 1st ended with... this car I had to replace the transmission at 80k, but NO other issues. I traded the 2nd in at 120k miles for my 3rd, a taupe 2007 in 2009 w/ 18k miles. Today my 07 has just over 100k and I've had no mechanical issues. I do feel though that the quality of the cosmetics of the truck have declined over the years. Examples of my 2007: The interior door handles are peeling because they have a plastic coating. The dash buttons paints are rubbing off (temperature control, etc..) 1 outside door handle has pulled away from the door on 1 side, but it still works. My mechanic says that this is a commonly replaced part on Escalades. The center hub cap comes offs and/or is too easily removed causing them to be stolen.. but it's because they fall off and need to be replaced often making them a quick resale at $50 plus. - All that said, I've loved my Escalades. I have kids/teens who play travel sports. We load up and travel very comfortably almost every weekend (thus the high mileage) . The ride is very smooth unlike most "trucks".. it trumps the Range Rover, which I owned a 2005 in 2007 for less than 1 yr, because I preferred the luxury driving and get up and go feel of my 2002 Escalade. I driven and ridden as passenger of every "luxury" SUV on the market.. the Escalade rides and handles the BEST for it's size! The first 2 sat 8, but the 3rd is a 7 seater with the walk through. I think that the kids like the walk through better as it doesn't seem like your segregated and the 2nd row has the automatic fold button. - Though gas prices are a deterrent for driving a full size SUV, I don't find the Escalade to be a gas guzzler. If you can afford the truck and the gas, it's a no-brainer. - (30 something, Mom of 2)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade near Honolulu. See local deals