1999 Cadillac Escalade

Based on 56 Ratings for the 1999 - 2000 models.

Best car I've had.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"In December '99, I negotiated the purchase of a new Town and Country. At the last moment, the dealer cranked in a $700 dealer fee. No Way. I drove up the road a mile and turned into a Cadillac dealer. Window sticker on this white beauty was $46K. I gave $37K and my well worn Z-28 for it. The dealer put a huge red bow on the hood, and I parked it in my driveway, and told my wife to come outside for her Christmas present. This car was a thrill then, and we love it, still. It had everything on it, all the bells and whistles. I just recently discovered that the back seats are heated, too, when my granddaughter complained about the warm seat. We have driven it from Florida to New York and back, three times a year for 15 years. It's 21-22 hours of driving each way. We get out of the car at the end of the trip with no cramps or soreness. My mechanic told me this is the best Escalade ever made, and I believe him. I have had some repairs, but, I forgave this car every time. I did have a upholstery man resurface parts of the front seats. I am currently leeking a little engine oil. I think I will get that fixed and go for 300,000 miles. Gas mileage is way better than Nissan's and Toyota's big ones, better than Ford's and Lincoln's too. I never really computed it, but, my impression has been about 15mpg city, maybe as much as 17 highway. Anybody that can buy a clean one with 100-150K miles, and a quiet sounding engine for up to $4K will probably have a good value. The A/C has always been cool enough, but, never icy cold. And don't expect to leave any sports car in the dust at a stop light. This baby will go sneaky fast, but, it wants to wind up gradually."

Outstanding Fullsize SUV

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, Stylish, Comfort, Drives like a dream."

Cons: "Weak transmission, driving another car after this"

"The Escalade is an awesome vehicle. Very comfortable, decent economy for the size, plenty of power, very roomy. The Escalade is much higher quality than the Chevy and GMC counterparts. There is nothing about this vehicle that I do not like. The only downsize is the underbuilt transmission. These only last around 120,000 - 150,000 miles before requiring a rebuild. The rebuilt ones are of much higher quality due to upgrades and stronger internal components. While it is a little pricey to rebuild it is very worth the cost."

very nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I don't own this car

"durable, dependable vehicle. runs good."

powerd windows doors 6 disc cd changer only have 1

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"its a really dependable truck 1 owner it only have 144,000 miles its tan everything runs and work great"

Cheap Caddy

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"Awesome car, decent gas mileage and power."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade near Honolulu. See local deals