• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $58,122 - $59,917.

10/6.5

8.3

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best over all luxury SUV - Look and comfort!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable drive/ride, w/ good exceleration"

Cons: "some cheep design features (plastic door handles)"

"This is my 3rd Escalade. I love the look and drive... not to mention the compliments that I get. My 1st was a white 2002 lease in 2001 that was a big mistake, ONLY because I ran the miles up and had to pay for them. This started my addiction at! My 2nd, a used black 2002 in 2004 with much lower mileage than my 1st ended with... this car I had to replace the transmission at 80k, but NO other issues. I traded the 2nd in at 120k miles for my 3rd, a taupe 2007 in 2009 w/ 18k miles. Today my 07 has just over 100k and I've had no mechanical issues. I do feel though that the quality of the cosmetics of the truck have declined over the years. Examples of my 2007: The interior door handles are peeling because they have a plastic coating. The dash buttons paints are rubbing off (temperature control, etc..) 1 outside door handle has pulled away from the door on 1 side, but it still works. My mechanic says that this is a commonly replaced part on Escalades. The center hub cap comes offs and/or is too easily removed causing them to be stolen.. but it's because they fall off and need to be replaced often making them a quick resale at $50 plus. - All that said, I've loved my Escalades. I have kids/teens who play travel sports. We load up and travel very comfortably almost every weekend (thus the high mileage) . The ride is very smooth unlike most "trucks".. it trumps the Range Rover, which I owned a 2005 in 2007 for less than 1 yr, because I preferred the luxury driving and get up and go feel of my 2002 Escalade. I driven and ridden as passenger of every "luxury" SUV on the market.. the Escalade rides and handles the BEST for it's size! The first 2 sat 8, but the 3rd is a 7 seater with the walk through. I think that the kids like the walk through better as it doesn't seem like your segregated and the 2nd row has the automatic fold button. - Though gas prices are a deterrent for driving a full size SUV, I don't find the Escalade to be a gas guzzler. If you can afford the truck and the gas, it's a no-brainer. - (30 something, Mom of 2)"

Luxury at its finest,always room for improvement

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "You will Love what it does for You. ;)"

Cons: "The third row seat is a pain in the Rear End."

"Have been owning Foreign Cars forever. Have decided to be patriotic and support the American GOP and do what I can to help get GM back to the upper tier status. Bought my first American Made Car and went straight to the top. The 2013 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum. Top of the line Vehicle with all the trim. Surprised that it did not come with the heated steering wheel though. Vehicle came with everything else. Hand Stitched French Leather trim all around the dash, Seats, doors and Olive wood panel accents...truly a work of art. Bose Stereo system with 10 Speakers is top quality and the even though hybrid, the engine give's a major punch upon request. Same hybrid technology used in buses for years. Complete Battery runs when 30MPH or below. Heated and Cooled seats in the front and heated in the back row. Why not cool the back row also? heated and cooled Cup Holder in the front seats. 4 Monitors to watch and 2 to play video games. Watch the DVD in the front when parked. HID lights are super bright with automatic brights when driving in the worst of darkest of areas. Blind Spot warning on the mirrors keeps you aware of your surroundings without having to completely turn your head. If you can afford the luxury, you will be completely spoiled in it. The best part of the Deal is the maintenance that Cadillac provides. Inspection Stickers, oil Changes, all filter changes, everything, I mean Every single maintenance issue is provided by Cadillac at no extra cost. Absolute worry free Pampered Perfection."

At 71 I have owned dozens of automobiles and this

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

"is without a doubt the best,great ride,and confort,low maint. easy handeling,overall just a super vehicle."

Never thought I'd own a Cadillac

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great service, cool features."

Cons: "MPG could be better but after all it is a 400HP V8"

"After years of owning nothing but BMW's and Range Rovers if anyone had told me that I would buy a Cadillac I would have laughed at them. Then a couple of years ago both my 550i and my RR were coming up for lease end so my wife and I would need new cars. We test drove the ML550 thought it was nice but too "car like", we test drove a new RR; same old same old and then my wife suggested we look at an Escalade at first I thought "No way" but we went and arranged for an extended test drive as we had done with the others. We were no more than 1/4 mi from the dealer when we looked at each other and said this is the one. We went back and bought it and a month later I went back and bought the CTS Coupe. I'm now on my second Escalade and all cars were/are flawless. They drive and feel as if they were carved from a single block of steel. I just can't say enough good things about these vehicles and the dealer has treated me like gold. I doubt that I will ever own another foreign car or a different domestic for that matter."

I love this SUV

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, space and luxury"

Cons: "Costs"

"I have had this for over 2 years and love it! I normally would have traded a vehicle in by now, but can't bare to part with it. It works great when we go on vacation with extra family members with the extra seating and plenty of cargo space. I must say that I love having all of the space. I can throw the kids bikes and whatever else in at a whim with ease. I can go to Sam's club with out ever worrying about space. I live in SC so the flex fuel option has been worth it."

The Most Acclaimed SUV in the World

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Build Quality, fit"

Cons: "Non telescoping steering wheel, loud muffler"

"I love this SUV. After 25,000 trouble free miles, I can say without reservation, that the Escalade is worth the cost. I've owned many SUVs' throughout the years (MB G500, ML550, GL550, BMW X5, Audi Q7)from the European car makers, and I'm proud to say that GM's Escalade out classes them all. It even outshines a Japanese SUV that we've owned (Infinity Q56)."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Definite luxury in a SUV. Rides great and has awesome power! The only down side is the price of gas these days"

Unsurpassable

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "Excellent Quietness and Ride"

Cons: "Not enough Caddy options available ..."

"This is the Top of the Line... The seating is excellent as is the comfort for 5 people on Extended Trips... You will arrive at your destination almost as though you never took the Trip... 600 pluse miles a day is an absolute Joy... The bed has more uses than anything out there and only the Avalanche has a comparative pickup Bed.... Trailer pulling is unsurpassed as the 6.2 Liter 403 HP High Torque Engine effortlessly will pull any load up to its capacity rating... It is hard to believe GM will stop building this Super Great Vehicle so this will be the last one I will ever be able to purchase... I fully intend for this Caddy to be he last one I will ever buy and fully intend for it to last for the remainder of my Life Time... I owned the Cadllac 2009 XLR Before trading it in on this EXT and even though I throughly miss the fabulous EXR as the ultimate Roadster I needed a more versatile vehicle .... The EXT almost has all the amenities I would have preferred such as Vehicle Warning on the Outside Mirrors, Heads up Display on the Windshield, and Adaptive Radar Cruse Control... The front Seats on my 2005 DeVille were more confortable in the seating portion but the EXT front Seats are fully acceptable... Other than those unavailable options and being spoiled by the Deville Seats I am fully content with my 2012 EXT... One more thing; I have never heard a complaint from riders about the spacious and comfortable seating and no one can believe how Quiet the interior is even at extended speeds on all the various highway surfaces... This is one incredible Cadillac and what a Ride it is in typical Caddy Fashion..."

Who knew I'd fall in love with a truck!

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Gorgeous, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "would it be too much to ask for 50 mpg?!!!"

"Seriously, it is the absolute best! It took me 1 day to get used to it's size (I had an SRX prior to this) but since then, I must say I even park it with ease! People stop me in parking lots, tell me it looks like new (it's Gold Mist) and ask if I'm ready to sell it... I'm going to drive it into the ground and then plunk my pennies down for a new one!!!"

Tremendous comfort, easy handling, perfect height

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"This is the coolest, finest vehicle I have ever owned. Perfect for me personally. Perfect for my family and excellent for business outings. I loved this car for 7 years. I'm only now considering a trade-in or upgrade. It looks and feels like it would go another 125,000 miles"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25