2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

9.3

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

EXT

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I have had my truck for 3 years and it NEVER has given me any trouble, its powerful, comfortable, out handles most family sedans, tows, and hauls lots of stuff in the bed. its the perfect vehicle. the only down side is my average of 12-14 city mpg, but hey that's the only down side the silver lining of that is it takes regular. I just LOVE my Truck!"

nice cruiser

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"very nice vehicle, i purchased an 06 used as a temporary vehicle, and i have been very pleased thus far. it has no shortage of power on the road and is certainly a great and comfy cruiser. in some parts of town you'll get looked at as if it were an exotic, very attractive vehicle. Beautiful handling for an suv, i often kick the back end out in turns w/ traction control off, and it reacts as if it were a mid-range sports car. one can easily steer the car with a single finger. One flaw: if you get in an accident or something overheats, it goes into a limp-home mode which makes driving the vehicle miserable. you may not get over 50mph in this mode, but at least you're slow riding in style."

Real Deal

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"When I purchased this truck I knew that I was going to use it as a truck and not a city warrior. This is the real deal for pulling and going places where you want. I put a grill guard on her and off road lights hooked up to my camper and away we went. solid and reliable"

Best double duty vehicle anywhere

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"We have owned 4 EXT's starting in 2002 and they have all been excellent vehicles. Total comfort coupled with the versitility of a pick up and tow vehicle. We tow a 18 ft box trailer like it was not there and still get better than 12 MPG while towing in the mountians. Interstae cruize will get 19 + MPG. You get what you pay for in this vehicle. Two short comings I would note are the location of the parking brake pedal & Release(the pedal catches you pant leg and the release is located to low) 2nd the cost of upgrading the NAV system CD is excessive. If you want comfort and versitility this is the ultimate vehicle."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"When I first got this truck I bought it for the looks. Then the more stuff I had to tow, including a 67 mustang, the better the truck got. Then even off road going up the mountain to our cabin, no struggles at all! Turn off the traction control and this luxury vehicle turns into a real truck. But I must say if you are towing stuff you definitely need the towing package. It is simply awesome!!!"

Great Vehicle with problems

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Conversion bed, ride, stereo, heated seats"

Cons: "maintenance nightmare, no trust in service"

"I really love the EXT for all the things that I bought it for. Flexibility, pulling, all wheel drive and a great ride. The upgrades from Cadillac are really nice and it will be hard going back to a regular ride. However, It does have some serious maintenance problems. I have driven 3 vehicles to 200,000 miles and had less problems mechanically with all of them combined than I have had with this vehicle in the first 50,000 miles. Steering column had to be replaced, universal joints, several axle boots, lights burning out, etc. I am now replacing the transmission due to slipping gears 3 and 4. "I can't get it out of second gear" as the song goes. It was in the shop almost every other month it seemed like the first couple of years. Service is spotty and unfortunately lives up to the bad reputation of American Auto makers. My current dealer is fabulous and I would rather go to them than just about any lower cost vendor for repairs. They do treat me right but can't say the same for others. One dealer actually fixed my leaking intake scoop with duct tape. They did it well enough that I didn't notice even though I was changing my own oil at the time. I had to pay for its replacement. I have never had this car to anyone except a Cadillac dealer since the day I bought it. I would never get this car again without a longterm warranty. The 5 yr/100k warranty currently being offered by Cadillac isn't enough. In its defense, it is great in snow and pulling a trailer, Also off road. The ride is excellent and lives up to its Cadillac emblem in lots of ways. I really do love the vehicle. Unfortunately it is sold by an American dealer and they seem to have no respect for their customer base for the most part. Things may have changed in the last several years as they are doing flex fuel and they are offering the 100k mile warranty, so at least they are willing to take responsibility for the mechanical problems. Unfortunately it is too late for the rest of us."

Great ride

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pros: "Geat style over it's competors"

Cons: "Can't maneuver in tight spots-Need rear camera"

"Drove this truck for 3 years and after warranty was over, had to replace transmission. Then all small items like wiper motor, blower motor fan, rear back up sensors went out. It be wise to purchase an extended warranty on a used car this old (2004). Still driving it. Thinking of purchasing another EXT, but 2009."

Nice Truck

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"I purchased a 2003 EXT about 1 year ago - I have driven about 10 k miles and the vehicle has 80K miles on it now. I have done a few styling upgrades (new grill, hood scoop, trim. etc. I traded a dodge Ram 1500 4WD and could not be happier with the EXT. I really liked my dodge ram but the Cadillac is well, a Cadillac.. It truly is a truck and can be used as one but when the work is over it is a luxury vehicle that is comfortable to drive around town or cross country. I am averaging better mileage than I did with my dodge which is surprising because it has much more power and torque. It feels nimble for such a large and heavy vehicle. Styling is a matter of taste but I get compliments and people are surprised when I tell them it's an 8 years old truck. The interior is very functional and comfortable. The fold down back seats allow the bed to extend to a full 8 feet so its a versatile truck when you need it to be. I tow a moderate size boat with no issues at all. The prices on these vehicles are reasonable for the quality and comfort they deliver. When it comes time to trade I a newer EXT will be on my short list to consider"

Most versitile vehicle i have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "rides like a cadillac, works like a truck"

Cons: "rear hatch does not lock with vehicle"

"rides like a cadillac, converts to a truck,"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I have owned this vechicle since it was new - has never given me any trouble -- first car or truck I have kept for four years -- outstanding in every way"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade EXT near Honolulu. See local deals