2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT

9.3

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Awesome Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"When I first got this truck I bought it for the looks. Then the more stuff I had to tow, including a 67 mustang, the better the truck got. Then even off road going up the mountain to our cabin, no struggles at all! Turn off the traction control and this luxury vehicle turns into a real truck. But I must say if you are towing stuff you definitely need the towing package. It is simply awesome!!!"

EXT

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I have had my truck for 3 years and it NEVER has given me any trouble, its powerful, comfortable, out handles most family sedans, tows, and hauls lots of stuff in the bed. its the perfect vehicle. the only down side is my average of 12-14 city mpg, but hey that's the only down side the silver lining of that is it takes regular. I just LOVE my Truck!"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I have owned this vechicle since it was new - has never given me any trouble -- first car or truck I have kept for four years -- outstanding in every way"

Owner

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"The EXT is the best of both worlds for those of us who need a truck but demand the comfort of a luxury car. I cannot tell you how much i have enjoyed this truck on long trips pulling a trailer or empty it is shear pleasure!! I will always have an EXT!"

nice cruiser

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"very nice vehicle, i purchased an 06 used as a temporary vehicle, and i have been very pleased thus far. it has no shortage of power on the road and is certainly a great and comfy cruiser. in some parts of town you'll get looked at as if it were an exotic, very attractive vehicle. Beautiful handling for an suv, i often kick the back end out in turns w/ traction control off, and it reacts as if it were a mid-range sports car. one can easily steer the car with a single finger. One flaw: if you get in an accident or something overheats, it goes into a limp-home mode which makes driving the vehicle miserable. you may not get over 50mph in this mode, but at least you're slow riding in style."

awsome truck

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I've had my Ext for just about three years, have never really had any problems with it other then small maitnance(Burnt light bulbs). i would recomend the truck to anybody. Even though it's an suv it has great porwer to it, not to mention a nice sporty look. i've used it various hualing things back and forth and never had a problem. overall i'm am very satified with the truck, yeah the mpg could be better, but i perfer perfomance and luxury over economy."

Love it

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Purchased this vehicle new in 2002 and has pretty much been maintaince free only had two problems(replaced cd changer and electrical switch in steering column). I Was disapointed when my onstar system became obsolete and for the money did expect more bells and whistles."

Real Deal

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"When I purchased this truck I knew that I was going to use it as a truck and not a city warrior. This is the real deal for pulling and going places where you want. I put a grill guard on her and off road lights hooked up to my camper and away we went. solid and reliable"

very well built vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"this vehicle is by far the most reliability an owner can buy. have owned several vehicles in my lifetime this is the best. only downfall is gas mpg not very good,however i can not think of for the money a better all around vehicle."

Exceptional truck

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Best truck I have ever owned. Pricy, but worth every penny if you can afford one. Driveline problems at 55,000 mi, but Caddy paid 1/2. Would buy another one if I could afford how much they have gone up in price. I paid 42 for a new 04, now an 07 is 50+.........big bucks, but again worth every penny"

Best double duty vehicle anywhere

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"We have owned 4 EXT's starting in 2002 and they have all been excellent vehicles. Total comfort coupled with the versitility of a pick up and tow vehicle. We tow a 18 ft box trailer like it was not there and still get better than 12 MPG while towing in the mountians. Interstae cruize will get 19 + MPG. You get what you pay for in this vehicle. Two short comings I would note are the location of the parking brake pedal & Release(the pedal catches you pant leg and the release is located to low) 2nd the cost of upgrading the NAV system CD is excessive. If you want comfort and versitility this is the ultimate vehicle."

Great Vehicle with problems

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Conversion bed, ride, stereo, heated seats"

Cons: "maintenance nightmare, no trust in service"

"I really love the EXT for all the things that I bought it for. Flexibility, pulling, all wheel drive and a great ride. The upgrades from Cadillac are really nice and it will be hard going back to a regular ride. However, It does have some serious maintenance problems. I have driven 3 vehicles to 200,000 miles and had less problems mechanically with all of them combined than I have had with this vehicle in the first 50,000 miles. Steering column had to be replaced, universal joints, several axle boots, lights burning out, etc. I am now replacing the transmission due to slipping gears 3 and 4. "I can't get it out of second gear" as the song goes. It was in the shop almost every other month it seemed like the first couple of years. Service is spotty and unfortunately lives up to the bad reputation of American Auto makers. My current dealer is fabulous and I would rather go to them than just about any lower cost vendor for repairs. They do treat me right but can't say the same for others. One dealer actually fixed my leaking intake scoop with duct tape. They did it well enough that I didn't notice even though I was changing my own oil at the time. I had to pay for its replacement. I have never had this car to anyone except a Cadillac dealer since the day I bought it. I would never get this car again without a longterm warranty. The 5 yr/100k warranty currently being offered by Cadillac isn't enough. In its defense, it is great in snow and pulling a trailer, Also off road. The ride is excellent and lives up to its Cadillac emblem in lots of ways. I really do love the vehicle. Unfortunately it is sold by an American dealer and they seem to have no respect for their customer base for the most part. Things may have changed in the last several years as they are doing flex fuel and they are offering the 100k mile warranty, so at least they are willing to take responsibility for the mechanical problems. Unfortunately it is too late for the rest of us."

It's a pretty awesome ride.

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Looks and performance"

Cons: "Gas (I run premium)"

"I've had it for about 6 months and already put 10k miles on it. Work is about a half a mile away which shows how much I like to just drive it around. It looks great, performs as good as you maintain it and gets tons of compliments wherever you go. My 4wheeler fits perfect in the back with the tailgate down and you can still have 5 people in the cab. I wish it wasn't AWD but maybe that just keeps me out of trouble. If your looking at buying one and you aren't worried about keeping it clean or hauling a huge trailer, I'd recommend it."

Nice Truck

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"I purchased a 2003 EXT about 1 year ago - I have driven about 10 k miles and the vehicle has 80K miles on it now. I have done a few styling upgrades (new grill, hood scoop, trim. etc. I traded a dodge Ram 1500 4WD and could not be happier with the EXT. I really liked my dodge ram but the Cadillac is well, a Cadillac.. It truly is a truck and can be used as one but when the work is over it is a luxury vehicle that is comfortable to drive around town or cross country. I am averaging better mileage than I did with my dodge which is surprising because it has much more power and torque. It feels nimble for such a large and heavy vehicle. Styling is a matter of taste but I get compliments and people are surprised when I tell them it's an 8 years old truck. The interior is very functional and comfortable. The fold down back seats allow the bed to extend to a full 8 feet so its a versatile truck when you need it to be. I tow a moderate size boat with no issues at all. The prices on these vehicles are reasonable for the quality and comfort they deliver. When it comes time to trade I a newer EXT will be on my short list to consider"

Great ride

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Geat style over it's competors"

Cons: "Can't maneuver in tight spots-Need rear camera"

"Drove this truck for 3 years and after warranty was over, had to replace transmission. Then all small items like wiper motor, blower motor fan, rear back up sensors went out. It be wise to purchase an extended warranty on a used car this old (2004). Still driving it. Thinking of purchasing another EXT, but 2009."

Most versitile vehicle i have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "rides like a cadillac, works like a truck"

Cons: "rear hatch does not lock with vehicle"

"rides like a cadillac, converts to a truck,"

Great truck

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I bought this truck new. no problems or complaints it still drives like it is new. the key to this is proper service."

Best truck ever!

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, smooth, Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Priced at about the same as an avalanche why would you not get the EXT? I love mine.. Its 10 years old and I still get compliments on it everyday. I have 0 problems with it and still rides like a brand new truck. Luxury with a mix of a utility truck. Gas mileage sucks but you dont buy this car for MPGs! Nav is tricky but works great once you figure out how to input destinations. All in all the best truck I have ever bought and you can get a great deal on a used one! Get one now!"

I have been very happy with this truck

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Everything except MPG's and initial investment"

Cons: "Base Price (new) and MPG's"

"This is my second Escalade (first was '99 I drove to over 165K). Don't expect great gas mileage, I get 12.3 whether I'm in a tail wind on the HWY or pulling a boat uphill. Repairs have been MINIMAL especially considering my abuse; I USE this truck, it is my "work" truck. I cannot think of a thing I don't like. It hasn't affected me but you cannot fit a full size four wheeler in the bed due to the rain gutters. Excellent in the snow. I would absolutley buy this truck again."

Great vehicle! Lots of room, comfort and style.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"The Escalade is a great vehicle. It's comfortable, safe and drives like a charm."

I Love it

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas miliage"

"I LOVE it! Had it for years, the only thing I waould trade it for is a newer one with less miles."

Love my truck!!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "luxury ride,all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "gas mpg, "tighten fuel cap" message"

"I love my truck, great in winter, summer, spring and fall. Gas mileage is terrible but if ya can't afford the gas you can't afford the truck as they say...has been a real joy to drive/own was my "dream truck"."

worst gm product ive owned

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I bought my 2003 ext in sept of 07. After leaving the as is no warranty dealership in chicago with 29000 miles on the truck the front differential bearing went out on it.. at 35000 miles a front wheel bearing went bad. At 55000 miles I replaced front and rear brakes and sunroof slider derailed. 60000 miles the power steering unit broke and transmision lines rotted out. 65000 miles spedometer failed and both heated mirrors no longer work. Now at 70000 miles the transmision is slipping between shifts.. Boy did General Motors let me down on this truck. I had a 95 chevy silverado that had 165000 on it with less problems. Never buying gm again and Ive had gm all my life.. Going to Honda. I did own a Honda Ridgeline for short time and never had problem with it up to 30000 miles."

The best vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, class, good feel, proud, good utility."

Cons: "Front lights fogged over and could not be cleared."

"The only problems were the headlights and the load stabilizers.Gas mileage 14.9, oil changed every 4000 miles, needs new alternator , GPS is out of date , the leather driver seat needs to replaced. Original pearl paint starting to fade .Had a major maintenance repairs reccomended by dealer at 105,000 miles .Still looks great. This is the best truck or car I have ever had. I called it my Texas cadillac and would have put horns on it if I had found some ."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Not cheap, but a great vehicle."

Cons: "Fuel consumption."

"This is the best large SUV/truck I've ever had. I've had at least three others. Although this is my favorite vehicle of the bunch; which includes two Suburbans, there are some interior flaws. The paint on the center console has chipped off. Although I had this replaced once under Warranty, the second one is peeling the same way the first one did. It must be an inferior quality. This vehicle will be hard to replace, with all the room and flexibility it provides. But sooner or later I will get rid of it, and I won't miss the vehicle fuel mileage. Around 11mpg average. Terrible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade EXT near Honolulu. See local deals