2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT

9.3

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicle with problems

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Conversion bed, ride, stereo, heated seats"

Cons: "maintenance nightmare, no trust in service"

"I really love the EXT for all the things that I bought it for. Flexibility, pulling, all wheel drive and a great ride. The upgrades from Cadillac are really nice and it will be hard going back to a regular ride. However, It does have some serious maintenance problems. I have driven 3 vehicles to 200,000 miles and had less problems mechanically with all of them combined than I have had with this vehicle in the first 50,000 miles. Steering column had to be replaced, universal joints, several axle boots, lights burning out, etc. I am now replacing the transmission due to slipping gears 3 and 4. "I can't get it out of second gear" as the song goes. It was in the shop almost every other month it seemed like the first couple of years. Service is spotty and unfortunately lives up to the bad reputation of American Auto makers. My current dealer is fabulous and I would rather go to them than just about any lower cost vendor for repairs. They do treat me right but can't say the same for others. One dealer actually fixed my leaking intake scoop with duct tape. They did it well enough that I didn't notice even though I was changing my own oil at the time. I had to pay for its replacement. I have never had this car to anyone except a Cadillac dealer since the day I bought it. I would never get this car again without a longterm warranty. The 5 yr/100k warranty currently being offered by Cadillac isn't enough. In its defense, it is great in snow and pulling a trailer, Also off road. The ride is excellent and lives up to its Cadillac emblem in lots of ways. I really do love the vehicle. Unfortunately it is sold by an American dealer and they seem to have no respect for their customer base for the most part. Things may have changed in the last several years as they are doing flex fuel and they are offering the 100k mile warranty, so at least they are willing to take responsibility for the mechanical problems. Unfortunately it is too late for the rest of us."

worst gm product ive owned

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I bought my 2003 ext in sept of 07. After leaving the as is no warranty dealership in chicago with 29000 miles on the truck the front differential bearing went out on it.. at 35000 miles a front wheel bearing went bad. At 55000 miles I replaced front and rear brakes and sunroof slider derailed. 60000 miles the power steering unit broke and transmision lines rotted out. 65000 miles spedometer failed and both heated mirrors no longer work. Now at 70000 miles the transmision is slipping between shifts.. Boy did General Motors let me down on this truck. I had a 95 chevy silverado that had 165000 on it with less problems. Never buying gm again and Ive had gm all my life.. Going to Honda. I did own a Honda Ridgeline for short time and never had problem with it up to 30000 miles."

Nice Truck

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"I purchased a 2003 EXT about 1 year ago - I have driven about 10 k miles and the vehicle has 80K miles on it now. I have done a few styling upgrades (new grill, hood scoop, trim. etc. I traded a dodge Ram 1500 4WD and could not be happier with the EXT. I really liked my dodge ram but the Cadillac is well, a Cadillac.. It truly is a truck and can be used as one but when the work is over it is a luxury vehicle that is comfortable to drive around town or cross country. I am averaging better mileage than I did with my dodge which is surprising because it has much more power and torque. It feels nimble for such a large and heavy vehicle. Styling is a matter of taste but I get compliments and people are surprised when I tell them it's an 8 years old truck. The interior is very functional and comfortable. The fold down back seats allow the bed to extend to a full 8 feet so its a versatile truck when you need it to be. I tow a moderate size boat with no issues at all. The prices on these vehicles are reasonable for the quality and comfort they deliver. When it comes time to trade I a newer EXT will be on my short list to consider"

Very Good Truck

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I got my 2005 EXT 2 years ago and have not had any problems. Its very roomy, easy to drive and classy. Everyone is impressed and can't beleive its 5 going on 6 years old. 14.2 MPG mostly city driving, - coasting is the key to increase MPG."

Great truck!!

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"It's a great truck and a great value!!! The only problem that I think should be addressed is that one day I was driving, and the truck turned of, well it seems that the brakes don't work at all when the engine turns of, so if your driving and the engine turned of on the road, you will have no brakes!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade EXT near Honolulu. See local deals