2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT

9.3

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicle with problems

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Conversion bed, ride, stereo, heated seats"

Cons: "maintenance nightmare, no trust in service"

"I really love the EXT for all the things that I bought it for. Flexibility, pulling, all wheel drive and a great ride. The upgrades from Cadillac are really nice and it will be hard going back to a regular ride. However, It does have some serious maintenance problems. I have driven 3 vehicles to 200,000 miles and had less problems mechanically with all of them combined than I have had with this vehicle in the first 50,000 miles. Steering column had to be replaced, universal joints, several axle boots, lights burning out, etc. I am now replacing the transmission due to slipping gears 3 and 4. "I can't get it out of second gear" as the song goes. It was in the shop almost every other month it seemed like the first couple of years. Service is spotty and unfortunately lives up to the bad reputation of American Auto makers. My current dealer is fabulous and I would rather go to them than just about any lower cost vendor for repairs. They do treat me right but can't say the same for others. One dealer actually fixed my leaking intake scoop with duct tape. They did it well enough that I didn't notice even though I was changing my own oil at the time. I had to pay for its replacement. I have never had this car to anyone except a Cadillac dealer since the day I bought it. I would never get this car again without a longterm warranty. The 5 yr/100k warranty currently being offered by Cadillac isn't enough. In its defense, it is great in snow and pulling a trailer, Also off road. The ride is excellent and lives up to its Cadillac emblem in lots of ways. I really do love the vehicle. Unfortunately it is sold by an American dealer and they seem to have no respect for their customer base for the most part. Things may have changed in the last several years as they are doing flex fuel and they are offering the 100k mile warranty, so at least they are willing to take responsibility for the mechanical problems. Unfortunately it is too late for the rest of us."

Nice Truck

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"I purchased a 2003 EXT about 1 year ago - I have driven about 10 k miles and the vehicle has 80K miles on it now. I have done a few styling upgrades (new grill, hood scoop, trim. etc. I traded a dodge Ram 1500 4WD and could not be happier with the EXT. I really liked my dodge ram but the Cadillac is well, a Cadillac.. It truly is a truck and can be used as one but when the work is over it is a luxury vehicle that is comfortable to drive around town or cross country. I am averaging better mileage than I did with my dodge which is surprising because it has much more power and torque. It feels nimble for such a large and heavy vehicle. Styling is a matter of taste but I get compliments and people are surprised when I tell them it's an 8 years old truck. The interior is very functional and comfortable. The fold down back seats allow the bed to extend to a full 8 feet so its a versatile truck when you need it to be. I tow a moderate size boat with no issues at all. The prices on these vehicles are reasonable for the quality and comfort they deliver. When it comes time to trade I a newer EXT will be on my short list to consider"

I love this truck!

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Pros: "easy to drive even though big vehicle"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"I have never had an escalade before, but we've now owned this awesome truck for over 3 years. Very few mechanical issues even though mileage getting high. No rust for an older vehicle! This older model doesn't have the nicer interior of the newer ones, but overall very roomy and rides great. I would buy another one for sure!"

Most versitile vehicle i have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "rides like a cadillac, works like a truck"

Cons: "rear hatch does not lock with vehicle"

"rides like a cadillac, converts to a truck,"

Owner

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"The EXT is the best of both worlds for those of us who need a truck but demand the comfort of a luxury car. I cannot tell you how much i have enjoyed this truck on long trips pulling a trailer or empty it is shear pleasure!! I will always have an EXT!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade EXT near Honolulu. See local deals