• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac Escalade ESV Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $61,762 - $65,590.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Never thought I'd own a Cadillac

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Well built, great service, cool features."

Cons: "MPG could be better but after all it is a 400HP V8"

"After years of owning nothing but BMW's and Range Rovers if anyone had told me that I would buy a Cadillac I would have laughed at them. Then a couple of years ago both my 550i and my RR were coming up for lease end so my wife and I would need new cars. We test drove the ML550 thought it was nice but too "car like", we test drove a new RR; same old same old and then my wife suggested we look at an Escalade at first I thought "No way" but we went and arranged for an extended test drive as we had done with the others. We were no more than 1/4 mi from the dealer when we looked at each other and said this is the one. We went back and bought it and a month later I went back and bought the CTS Coupe. I'm now on my second Escalade and all cars were/are flawless. They drive and feel as if they were carved from a single block of steel. I just can't say enough good things about these vehicles and the dealer has treated me like gold. I doubt that I will ever own another foreign car or a different domestic for that matter."

Ended up buying the Navigator

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Stylish"

Cons: "Loud, poor visibility, 3rdrow seats don't flatten"

"I test drove the Porsche Cayenne S and GTS, Range Rover, Q7, Escalade, Yukon Denali, and Expedition. I chose the Navigator. Spouse and i thought we would just try the Escalade since reviews say it beats the Navigator and because it looks stylish and has 400 hp. But its visibility was worse than Lincoln, 3rd row seats did not go flat plus did not have button that you could just push like the Navigator and Expeditions had. Also did not have better acceleration at high speeds and worse visibility made passing more cumbersome. Plus engine was louder by far. THX stereo system in Navigator was much betterr sound. And Navigator had smoother ride on the bumps and cracks. I am used to Lexus and have driven SC 430s for the past several yrs. Before that i drove a little G35, and before that i had a couple Integras and a Prelude. Also had a 2007 MDX. The Navigator was the best SUV, hands down and we can tow 9,000 lbs. Still kept my cute SC 430 though"

Great Luxury for the Price

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Excellent Ride"

Cons: "Its got it all"

"Great ride for an SUV; AWD is the way to go in one of these. Interior is comfortable and quiet. Great for trips. Gas guzzler though."

I love this SUV, I have even named her!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic looks, great space, wonderful to drive"

Cons: "Motor for running board had to be replaced already"

"My Escalade ESV, Platium is so beautiful that I tell her she is beautiful and lovingly call her "Big Bertha"! I feel so safe and feel like I am driving in such luxury. This vehicle is the most loved of any previous SUV's(Navigators and Expedition) I have ever owned! I love the heated and cooled cup holders, love the powerful A/C and expecially love all the extra room. I love the extra space in the back that holds all my groceries without having to move the back seats. I find her easy to park, only I try not to park her too close to others in fear of her getting a "ding" on her side. Did I say I love this SUV!? Great to drive on long trips too or just in town."

I love this SUV

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, space and luxury"

Cons: "Costs"

"I have had this for over 2 years and love it! I normally would have traded a vehicle in by now, but can't bare to part with it. It works great when we go on vacation with extra family members with the extra seating and plenty of cargo space. I must say that I love having all of the space. I can throw the kids bikes and whatever else in at a whim with ease. I can go to Sam's club with out ever worrying about space. I live in SC so the flex fuel option has been worth it."

Great suv

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Good"

Who knew I'd fall in love with a truck!

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Gorgeous, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "would it be too much to ask for 50 mpg?!!!"

"Seriously, it is the absolute best! It took me 1 day to get used to it's size (I had an SRX prior to this) but since then, I must say I even park it with ease! People stop me in parking lots, tell me it looks like new (it's Gold Mist) and ask if I'm ready to sell it... I'm going to drive it into the ground and then plunk my pennies down for a new one!!!"

10!

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

I don't own this car

"excellent condition with 28" wheels, nice ride ... its my sisters though"

Greatest Truck/Pickup Period

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "great ride / comfort / head turner"

Cons: "no rear heat controls / no heated rear seats"

"ive owned the 2002 Avalanche 2007 ext 2009 ext and now a 2012 ext. not a good truck a great truck. my new tuck with the new 4/8 v8 mode gets better mpg than any of the others ive owned. almost 18mpg highway. but when you own a 70k plus truck mpg should not be an issue."

2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Engine, Comfort, Luxury"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Luxury, Performance and Comfort all in one. Luxury Package. Purely a dream to drive!"

Best over all luxury SUV - Look and comfort!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "very comfortable drive/ride, w/ good exceleration"

Cons: "some cheep design features (plastic door handles)"

"This is my 3rd Escalade. I love the look and drive... not to mention the compliments that I get. My 1st was a white 2002 lease in 2001 that was a big mistake, ONLY because I ran the miles up and had to pay for them. This started my addiction at! My 2nd, a used black 2002 in 2004 with much lower mileage than my 1st ended with... this car I had to replace the transmission at 80k, but NO other issues. I traded the 2nd in at 120k miles for my 3rd, a taupe 2007 in 2009 w/ 18k miles. Today my 07 has just over 100k and I've had no mechanical issues. I do feel though that the quality of the cosmetics of the truck have declined over the years. Examples of my 2007: The interior door handles are peeling because they have a plastic coating. The dash buttons paints are rubbing off (temperature control, etc..) 1 outside door handle has pulled away from the door on 1 side, but it still works. My mechanic says that this is a commonly replaced part on Escalades. The center hub cap comes offs and/or is too easily removed causing them to be stolen.. but it's because they fall off and need to be replaced often making them a quick resale at $50 plus. - All that said, I've loved my Escalades. I have kids/teens who play travel sports. We load up and travel very comfortably almost every weekend (thus the high mileage) . The ride is very smooth unlike most "trucks".. it trumps the Range Rover, which I owned a 2005 in 2007 for less than 1 yr, because I preferred the luxury driving and get up and go feel of my 2002 Escalade. I driven and ridden as passenger of every "luxury" SUV on the market.. the Escalade rides and handles the BEST for it's size! The first 2 sat 8, but the 3rd is a 7 seater with the walk through. I think that the kids like the walk through better as it doesn't seem like your segregated and the 2nd row has the automatic fold button. - Though gas prices are a deterrent for driving a full size SUV, I don't find the Escalade to be a gas guzzler. If you can afford the truck and the gas, it's a no-brainer. - (30 something, Mom of 2)"

Reliable and handles good in snow

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas hog , not a lot of room for passengers"

"I am a little disapointed in suspension it handles more like a pickup truck. I thought it would be more smooth to drive like a cadillac car. I do like my Escalade but will probably not own another one. Gas MPH is not good. Interior is very nice I love all the plush features for the driver. Passenger room is a bit cramped , especially the 3rd row seating."

Love its bold look and the way it drives.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"For a big vehicle it has great acceleration. The interior is well done and very comfortable. A negative is the 22" wheel thou looking good are poor in quality. Overall the best vehicle I have ever owned."

great car

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "good looking car"

Cons: "third seat does not fold flat"

"I am going to buy another one."

i love this luxury the performance is fantastic

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"it turns heads even now it is prestigeous and would not sell it for less than 35k"

Best Suv I have owned.

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Got a steal on a preowned"

Cons: "6disc changer and dvd system all in one unit"

Prissy Caddy

"Suv's in the past includes (Lexus RX, Infiniti QX56, Lincoln Aviator, Isuzu) Caddy looks and drives the best hands down. She is surely a keeper. I bought preowned, she still looks and smells new. Gas mileage surprisingly good for it's size and power. The only negative 6disc changer and dvd system in one unit.(maybe it's just me who have not taken the time to figure out if both can play at the same time)?"

Prissy Caddy

Love My Car (Truck)

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Vehicle and very dependable"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. Sad to see the new design for 2013. Unless it looks different when it hits the ground in September, will probably look at other vehicles."

Love the exterior look of this vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "heated front/rear seats,navigation,large screen"

Cons: "no net for rear items/no storage area"

"This is my 2nd escalade. Love the look and comfort, prefer more storage space and a net to hold items in back area,does NOT have line in MP3 player and would prefer the line in MP3 player like the '08 and newer, Carpet had red stain that seems to be PAINTED over instead of the dealer replacing carpet when it was purchased. The new extended warranty is NOT complete as was our last extended warranty! Really like the large screen for touch stereo and navigation. The DVD screen is also larger with wireless headsets."

Smooth quiet ride

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Best styling for vehicle class"

Cons: "Buttons are prone to unwelcomed changes"

"Very nice exterior look and the ride is smooth and handles well. The interior looks nice but the dash board buttons are easily changed without the owner noticing the change. The compartment buttons are also too easy to open. Although the radio has a nice touch screen, it does not allow direct access tuning. Overall the vehicle is a good choice with the strongest emphasis on exterior looks."

Good value, used...

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Styling, features, power"

Cons: "quality of leather, 2nd row violent folding!"

"I cant imagine paying $70k for my truck new (which was the sticker price) but used for only $25k i LOVE it. It looks great, drives great and loaded with goodies to keep you comfortable for a longggggggggggg journey. I really love the styling of this vehicle. Wish the leather on the seats had a bit more quality to them though. Also, the biggest issue i've had was how violent the 2nd row seats fold up (electronically) the force has bent the armrests, which now just flop around and have a cheap feel. I really like my 07 Escalade and would surely buy it again in a heartbeat. The 6.2 liter engine (400 hp, 6 speed tranny and perfect gear ratios never get old. I thought i'd be bored after trading in my 07 Corvette Z06 in for this, but after a year, im still loving it and feel as good as i can for trading for this. Another 100hp would be overkill, but would make this a hands-down keep-forever vehicle for me. If you're on the fence about an escalade vs tahoe/yukon. Just give one a try... You'll be sorry you didnt if you dont!"

good car, no complaints

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "powertrain, ride"

Cons: "pretty spendy"

"always get great service as the dealers, very happy with car, but a tiny bit too flashy in our current economic climate. i knew that when i bought it, just feels a little too flashy to drive to client meetings."

Amazing car!!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Sexy looks, fast, luxury amenities abundant"

"This car is amazing. First of all, amazing power. It has a 400 horsepower 8 cylinder engine, you can tow anything and go surprisingly fast on the highway. The leather is beautiful, very high quality and is abundant throughout the car. You get the luxury features standard as on all Cadillacs. And the exterior to me is the best. It is stunning, chrome all over. You have to get the large chrome rims option, will make it look even better."

Love it

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Greatest SUV I've ever owned"

Great disappointment

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "beautiful"

Cons: "too firm a ride and uncomfortable seats"

"Traded my 2003 Escalade with less than 75,000 miles on it for the new 2011. Immediately regretted the decision. The seats are hard, hard, hard in the new one and the ride equally firm. It is beautiful to behold inside and out, but that's where it falls short. Spent the whole first month parked in my garage because I couldn't stand to drive it. Dealer was very detached from the problem and offered to change the wheels out, but that wouldn't help the seat design. Wish I had bought the Mercedes GL450."

Very very fine vehicle ! ! ! !

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "A great big 10 :-) all the way across the board !"

Cons: "Like I said my 3rd ESV. I must like them ! ! !"

"I have owned several different makes"