• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

8.4

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Good ride..not a value.

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"I own a 2007 ESV. Prior to purchasing this one, I owned a 2004 ESV. I love the way it rides...so comfortable! It definitely has plenty of room for my children and friends. The only issue I have is the same issue many of us have...with gas prices rising my SUV has depreciated drastically. I put $12,000 down on my latest ESV and received 2.9% financing along with paying extra each month and I would still take a loss with the sale of this vehicle. Before buying this vehicle make sure you are up for the challenge when paying for the gas!!!!"

Only the Best

By on Sunday, May 25, 2008

"By far the best SUV that I have ever driven, riden in, and parked. I average 21.3 mpg IN THE CITY!!!! It is also great for families (five or above)"

Great! But EXPENSIVE...

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"We went to buy the 07 Denali and frankly, in my opinion, they were almost the exact same car (the Denali had less horsepower and a few other minor differences...) BUT my husband just HAD TO HAVE the Escalade, it had just come onto the dealer lot and he was infatuated bad. So we've had it almost 2 years... seriously a nice ride, I will admit... but we will be upside on that loan for at LEAST another 2-3 years, and the gas required to drive it ($94 for me to fill the tank this morning, and I average 13.9 mpg - GRRR...), not to mention the monthly charges for Onstar, XM Radio, etc... makes it REALLY tough for me to say it was worth it. Still, if you have the cash... it is a great car... if I have any complaints - it would be nice if the 3rd row seat folded down to disappear, rather than us having to take it in and out... On the positive side, it is SOOOO easy to drive, park, u-turns are a PIECE OF CAKE, and it's extremely comfortable!!"

Best SUV Available

By on Saturday, April 12, 2008

"I've driven a number of SUV's as I have a large family and "toys" to tow. This Escalade is by far the best of them. It handles more like a car than a truck. The stability control system doesn't let this car dip while cornering and has great straight line stability. The new rack and pinion steering is much better than the previous models' recirculating ball gear box. It's speed limited to 105 MPH and you never feel you are going as fast as you are, so you have to watch the speedometer. All of the creature comforts of the interior cabin are there. The power of the 6.2L V8 pulls my 5000 lb boat easily, up hill and down. The "tow" setting on the transmisson is great for this purpose, keeping it in a lower gear a little longer when pulling and downshifting when you apply the brakes to help decellerate. On the "negative" side, the controls for the HVAC are small and can be confusing to first time users. It could use some extra power ports. The standard chrome wheels are a bit on the cheap side where the finish is concerned. And the standard Bridgestone tires ride smooth, but the handling is compromised and treadwear is a problem. A Michelin Cross Terrain would have been better. The six speed transmission is great for economy, but every once in awhile I get a "clunk" when upshifting. Overall, I love the truck. I can get 19 MPG crusing on the highway if I keep the AC off. The thoaty exhaust is cool. When you step on it, it can beat a lot of cars on the road but you better have an expense account just for gas."

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade ESV near Honolulu. See local deals