2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

I love my car!

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous, comfortable, classy, great hwy gas miles"

Cons: "Gas guzzler in the city..."

"Take care of it and it will take care of you. I have owned this car for 5 years and it has never let me down. It is gorgeous and very comfortable. It get great highway miles and you cannot beat the storage space. Third row is removable and 2nd row seats fold down. Would do it all over again."

still on the fence

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Wanted an escalade for years..finally got a 2003 with 60k miles. I own it less then 2 months. I have an ext. warranty, thank god. The first two weeks I had the front diff rebuilt, the engine oil cooler lines were leaking and replaced, and the rear diff was leaking and the seals were replaced. Within the past two weeks, a relay was replaced which worked the rear heated seats and the homelink, the rear air relay was replaced, the mirror on the passenger side needed to be replaced as the defroster was burnt out, the passenger window control was replaced, and now the driver side power lock control needs to be replaced. This weekend, while away for Thanksgiving, the escalade would not start, and now seems to be having issues with the pass key or theft deterant systm. Hope this gets better. No the tranny seems to be shifting alittle hard."

Beware 4L60E

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"We had to replace our torque converter just prior to our 4wd Escalade reaching 50,000 miles, at a cost of $1,500. The service technician informed us that this is a common problem with the Escalades. Apparently, GM matched a light duty transmission (4L60E) with the high-torque 6.0L Escalade engine and this causes premature transmission and/or torque converter failure. The technician told us we would be back for a total transmission rebuild before the Escalade reaches 80,000 miles. Apparently the sun shell gear of the 4L60E goes out earlier than normal in the Escalades, again, due to the transmission not meshing well with the 6.0L power train. If you buy a used 4wd Escalade, purchase an extended warranty to cover the transmission that will assuredly go bad."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I just bought an 04 fully loaded and couldn't be happier with it. I got an amazing deal and could still get great resale value. The quality is top notch as is its performance. It feels like it's floating down the road when i drive. It is unbelievably comfortable and my son loves watching spongebob in the back.. 5 stars all the way around"

nice vehicle

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"I love my 2003 Escalade. All the options are great. It will spoil you for luxury vehicles. I do have problems with my fuel pump. I purchased the auto 1 year old and to date (4 years later) it has had to have 7 new fuel pumps installed! I don't know if this was unique only to my auto or if all 03' have problems with the fuel pumps. I am lucky and it is under warranty for 100,000 miles. I was told a new fuel pump for an Escalade can run around $750.00 each. Other than that I do love my Escalade!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade ESV near Honolulu. See local deals