2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Based on 59 Ratings for the 1999 - 2000 models.

Best car I've had.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"In December '99, I negotiated the purchase of a new Town and Country. At the last moment, the dealer cranked in a $700 dealer fee. No Way. I drove up the road a mile and turned into a Cadillac dealer. Window sticker on this white beauty was $46K. I gave $37K and my well worn Z-28 for it. The dealer put a huge red bow on the hood, and I parked it in my driveway, and told my wife to come outside for her Christmas present. This car was a thrill then, and we love it, still. It had everything on it, all the bells and whistles. I just recently discovered that the back seats are heated, too, when my granddaughter complained about the warm seat. We have driven it from Florida to New York and back, three times a year for 15 years. It's 21-22 hours of driving each way. We get out of the car at the end of the trip with no cramps or soreness. My mechanic told me this is the best Escalade ever made, and I believe him. I have had some repairs, but, I forgave this car every time. I did have a upholstery man resurface parts of the front seats. I am currently leeking a little engine oil. I think I will get that fixed and go for 300,000 miles. Gas mileage is way better than Nissan's and Toyota's big ones, better than Ford's and Lincoln's too. I never really computed it, but, my impression has been about 15mpg city, maybe as much as 17 highway. Anybody that can buy a clean one with 100-150K miles, and a quiet sounding engine for up to $4K will probably have a good value. The A/C has always been cool enough, but, never icy cold. And don't expect to leave any sports car in the dust at a stop light. This baby will go sneaky fast, but, it wants to wind up gradually."

Best Full Size AWD SUV

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"My Escalade is roomy comfortable the 5.7 has good power and the AWD takes us were ever we want to go. We has taken it on camping trips with the whole family it has been very reliable.It is very luxurious we love it and will keep it in the family for as long as we can. We love it !!!!!!"

Great Used Value!

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"208,000 miles and counting! You can get alot of bang for the buck buying a used Escalade. Our truck litterally looks and performs like a 50,000 mile vehicle. Most of these trucks are purchased new by the older crowd who take excellent care of them. Many friends have told me if I ever run across another Escalade as nice and inexpensive as this one, they'll buy it!"

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pros: "Comfort -Roomy- Nice ride-"

Cons: "Costly part replacement and not so good gas milage"

"Great comfort ride for family. Rides smooth. Very reliable (has never broken down on me) Great stereo! Seats are very roomy. Great for long trips. The only downside is if you do need to get replacement parts for any reason it is costly. Also not so great on gas"

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

Worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I have had more problems with this vehicle that any other vehicle that I have ever owned. Leather is wearing badly rear end went out seat heaters went out electrical problems windshield washer pump went out 4 wheel drive went out ignition broke"

Totally worth it

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Very reliable, comfortable, great sound quality and hey has a huge engine that can haul. I own a 1999 and it has a 5.7ltr V8 Vortec its totally worth it, also if you want comfort and safetly with a look that is so good its your dream car!"

LOVE IT !! BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY !!!

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I have had my Cadi for 6 years. It is the best car I have ever had. Other than regular maintenance, I have never put a dime into it. It runs perfect, still nice and smooth and I have over 150K miles on mine. I expect at least another 150K more! Its very comfortable and I love that it is safe for my kids. I wouldnt have anything else. The heated seats are awesome!! BEST CAR EVER!! AMERICA MADE TOO!"

Dream

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"Even before cadillac decided to make the Escalade I wanted them to. I have been a life long fan of Cadillac. I traded in a 1995 DeVille for this Escalade. At first I loved this truck, don't get me wrong I still do, just not as much. When it comes down to it Cadillac rushed the development of this model year (1999-2000). We all know it is the luxury version of a tahoe but with this model it really shows. The Luxury Cadillac is known for is just not there on this one. This is still a step up from all other SUV's of its time, and if you are looking for luxury for under $10k, than its a great truck, but if you want a true Escalade the way it was meant to be, look at 2003 models and newer. Maintenance costs for this truck are moderate, other than normal upkeep costs (i.e. oil, filters) I have had to rebuild the Transmission and get a new torque convertor at 120k miles. There have been some small electrical bugs as well. I currently have 150k miles on it and it is going strong, I can't see myself parting ways with this truck any time soon."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade ESV near Honolulu. See local deals