• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Based on 60 Ratings for the 1999 - 2000 models.

its hot

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"I love it. it drives so smooth"

quality

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Good Vehicle with 90k has some rattles but that's to be expected. Good luxury & roomy"

Best in Luxury

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"This the best vehicle I have owned. I couldn't afford it new but as the second owned I have had no problems. Cadillac luxury and a reliable vehicle."

Outstanding Fullsize SUV

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, Stylish, Comfort, Drives like a dream."

Cons: "Weak transmission, driving another car after this"

"The Escalade is an awesome vehicle. Very comfortable, decent economy for the size, plenty of power, very roomy. The Escalade is much higher quality than the Chevy and GMC counterparts. There is nothing about this vehicle that I do not like. The only downsize is the underbuilt transmission. These only last around 120,000 - 150,000 miles before requiring a rebuild. The rebuilt ones are of much higher quality due to upgrades and stronger internal components. While it is a little pricey to rebuild it is very worth the cost."

I absolutely love it, aside from one thing!

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, Bose sound system"

Cons: "Gas hog, mine doesn't have third row! ):"

"I wish I would have known I would love this car so much, I recently lost my F150 in a fire and while looking for anew vehicle I stumbled upon the Escalade, I fell in love with it, but now, after owning it 2 months I wish I would have looked for more because I seriously like the 2003 and newer. I really wish I would have gotten a new one, but I plan to resell it and get a newer model! Other then that it's a great car, mine doesn't have the best interior, but it's 14 years old so I'll give it that. If you are looking to buy, try to get a '03 or newer! Maybe even try to go with a 2006 or newer since it uses the third generation body style. You'll love this car, can't get enough while driving it!"

Best car I've had.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"In December '99, I negotiated the purchase of a new Town and Country. At the last moment, the dealer cranked in a $700 dealer fee. No Way. I drove up the road a mile and turned into a Cadillac dealer. Window sticker on this white beauty was $46K. I gave $37K and my well worn Z-28 for it. The dealer put a huge red bow on the hood, and I parked it in my driveway, and told my wife to come outside for her Christmas present. This car was a thrill then, and we love it, still. It had everything on it, all the bells and whistles. I just recently discovered that the back seats are heated, too, when my granddaughter complained about the warm seat. We have driven it from Florida to New York and back, three times a year for 15 years. It's 21-22 hours of driving each way. We get out of the car at the end of the trip with no cramps or soreness. My mechanic told me this is the best Escalade ever made, and I believe him. I have had some repairs, but, I forgave this car every time. I did have a upholstery man resurface parts of the front seats. I am currently leeking a little engine oil. I think I will get that fixed and go for 300,000 miles. Gas mileage is way better than Nissan's and Toyota's big ones, better than Ford's and Lincoln's too. I never really computed it, but, my impression has been about 15mpg city, maybe as much as 17 highway. Anybody that can buy a clean one with 100-150K miles, and a quiet sounding engine for up to $4K will probably have a good value. The A/C has always been cool enough, but, never icy cold. And don't expect to leave any sports car in the dust at a stop light. This baby will go sneaky fast, but, it wants to wind up gradually."

Great Used Value!

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"208,000 miles and counting! You can get alot of bang for the buck buying a used Escalade. Our truck litterally looks and performs like a 50,000 mile vehicle. Most of these trucks are purchased new by the older crowd who take excellent care of them. Many friends have told me if I ever run across another Escalade as nice and inexpensive as this one, they'll buy it!"

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

Worst vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I have had more problems with this vehicle that any other vehicle that I have ever owned. Leather is wearing badly rear end went out seat heaters went out electrical problems windshield washer pump went out 4 wheel drive went out ignition broke"

Dream

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"Even before cadillac decided to make the Escalade I wanted them to. I have been a life long fan of Cadillac. I traded in a 1995 DeVille for this Escalade. At first I loved this truck, don't get me wrong I still do, just not as much. When it comes down to it Cadillac rushed the development of this model year (1999-2000). We all know it is the luxury version of a tahoe but with this model it really shows. The Luxury Cadillac is known for is just not there on this one. This is still a step up from all other SUV's of its time, and if you are looking for luxury for under $10k, than its a great truck, but if you want a true Escalade the way it was meant to be, look at 2003 models and newer. Maintenance costs for this truck are moderate, other than normal upkeep costs (i.e. oil, filters) I have had to rebuild the Transmission and get a new torque convertor at 120k miles. There have been some small electrical bugs as well. I currently have 150k miles on it and it is going strong, I can't see myself parting ways with this truck any time soon."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade ESV near Honolulu. See local deals