2016 Cadillac ELR Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $60,342 - $63,171.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

9.4

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,fastest car I have ever owned."

Cons: "Parking to much forward."

"Been to the dealer one time to rotate tires.Lifetime mpg is 192mpg! Only negative is to be careful parking and don't pull all the way forward. Air skirt is flexible in the front,but why take a chance on damaging it.Look forward to getting a 2017 Cadillac ELR!"

absolutely love this caddy!!!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cons: "Tight back seat, but we dont use it at all."

"I have now owned this ELR for 6 months, and I still say the same things about it. It is the best looking car on the highway, gets fabulous gas mileage, ride is great, fit and finish is wonderful, and comparing the Tesla Model S, the Cadillac comes with loads of standard equipment. the Tesla is somewhat bigger, is quite a bit faster, if you want speed, but it will cost in the range of $30,000 to $35,000 more than the Cadillac with the same options that you have to pay extra for with the Tesla. The Tesla is a fine car, just overpriced for what you get. Cadillac is coming out with a CT6, in 2016 that will be very comparable the the Tesla, but it will have a PHEV, and two gasoline models in the lineup. The PHEV is supposed to have more range by far than the ELR, and much more power. Thwe two gas models will be powered by a twin turbo 6 cyl with 450 HP, and a V8 with supercharger at about 700 HP. that will blow your whiskers back ;). I filled the gas tant on my ELR the other day, and in the last 1700 miles, I used 0.913 gal of liquid gold. Not too shabby. Only 1862 MPG since July. I have a "lifetime mileage" on the computer of 202 MPG. On gas only mode, the Cad gets about 39-40 MPG Man do I love that Caddy. I also own a 2014 Chevy Volt, which my wife drives daily, and she goes over the limit of 40 miles all of the time, and only averages 83 "lifetime MPG" on the computer. still not bad. I highly recommend both cars to anyone who drives a lot of under 40 mile trips. The volt gets over 46 MPG on gasoline alone, on long trips. sure is fun to drive by gas stations, watching everyone filling the "gas hogs" :)"

One of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good ride, fit and finish A+."

Cons: "back seat is a little small. no problem with us."

"I absolutely loved this car when I first saw a picture of it over 2 years ago. I always said I would buy one if the price was right. Well, when the pricing came out last fall, I decided it was a little too expensive for me(retired, fixed income), so I leased a Buick Regal GS. It is a fabulous car, and most anyone would love it. Good performance, fit and finish are top notch, decent mileage 23 mpg, But I had previously owned a Cadillac SRX, but that Buick was not a Cadillac. Then in late June, GM came out with a $12,000.00 discount, and I couldn't resist, I had to have that ELR. That Caddy is the sharpest car on the highway, and I cant tell you how many people have walked up to me and wanted to know all about it. It rides , handles, fantastic, fit and finish is best quality i have ever seen, Leather, suede, seats are very comfortable, only the back seat is rather small, but that doesn't hurt anything, as only my wife and I ever sit in it anyhow. As far as performance goes, It is not a drag car, but why drag anyone with it, as they wouldn't get a good look at it. As far as the performance, it runs very good, and I am too old to be out racing with it anyhow. It will go 100 mph and that is too fast anyhow. Now is the big thing, the gas mileage is wonderful. In the 1900 miles I have driven it, I have only bought 6.8 gallons of that old "LIQUID GOLD". That adds up to 279.4MPG. and it gets better every day. The only time I bought gas is when My wife and I took a 300_ mile day trip up north. The EL meter shows between 45-56 miles all the time. It is only rated at 37 MPG, but it has never been that bad. There were lots of rebates and discounts and credits, along with the great trade I got originally for the Cadillac SRX that I sold to the dealer when I leased the Buick. That all added up to over $65,000 + dollars. So the ELR really didn't cost that much. My wife calls it my forever car. I will probably drive it forever."

I absolutely love this car!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sleek, mileage, touch screen"

"At first I was not impressed with the 43 charge miles, but boy did I change my mind! It uses premium gas, but the tank is only 9 gallons, so in 6 weeks we have spent 46.03 in gas!! The car is sleek, fast and smooth. Not to mention all of the oohs, ahhs and stares that we get. The interior is futuristic, feel like I'm getting into an airplane! Also, the back seat is not to bad, hard to get in the back seat, but kinda roomy in the back (considering the size of the car). The large touch screen, navigation, Cadillac Cue system is AWESOME."

After 40 yrs mostly driving on business,this is it

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "See the review. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs a grab handle in the back seats to get out."

"A vastly under-rated possession! Cadillac could use a little boost in PR abilities and a permanent trimming of price. Outside that, it's the finest and most successful such product I've ever owned, and that includes one late-model Rolls Royce. The steering wheel paddles which give a multiple of regeneration and great braking are a very positive addition. I consistently get 45 miles of electric driving in the summer heat, and 38 in the cold winter. Can't detect any pre-detonation of regular gas on the highway. The special red-metallic paint and 20 inch wheels have caused people to stop beside me and not ask me if I like it, but tell me how beautiful the overall car is. The suede and finished leathers along with classy wood and other exotic materials inside are stunning. I've never owned such a head-turner. It required some negotiation at purchase, however."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next