• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Cadillac ELR Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $67,536 - $69,981.

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Very nice ride and excellent sporty looks

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

"I love the flexibility of using electric and / or gas. This is a very nice riding car. I would recommend."

Overpriced, technologically far behind

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Attractive looks, huge incentives from Caddy"

Cons: "Outdated tech,short electic range,small rear/trunk"

"Attractive car with true luxury exterior looks and interior material. BUT,40% overpriced for such a technologically far behind so called green vehicle. Seating and trunk space is too small to make it practical. Driving dynamics and technology speaking, more or less a joke compare to a Tesla."

absolutely love this caddy!!!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cons: "Tight back seat, but we dont use it at all."

"I have now owned this ELR for 6 months, and I still say the same things about it. It is the best looking car on the highway, gets fabulous gas mileage, ride is great, fit and finish is wonderful, and comparing the Tesla Model S, the Cadillac comes with loads of standard equipment. the Tesla is somewhat bigger, is quite a bit faster, if you want speed, but it will cost in the range of $30,000 to $35,000 more than the Cadillac with the same options that you have to pay extra for with the Tesla. The Tesla is a fine car, just overpriced for what you get. Cadillac is coming out with a CT6, in 2016 that will be very comparable the the Tesla, but it will have a PHEV, and two gasoline models in the lineup. The PHEV is supposed to have more range by far than the ELR, and much more power. Thwe two gas models will be powered by a twin turbo 6 cyl with 450 HP, and a V8 with supercharger at about 700 HP. that will blow your whiskers back ;). I filled the gas tant on my ELR the other day, and in the last 1700 miles, I used 0.913 gal of liquid gold. Not too shabby. Only 1862 MPG since July. I have a "lifetime mileage" on the computer of 202 MPG. On gas only mode, the Cad gets about 39-40 MPG Man do I love that Caddy. I also own a 2014 Chevy Volt, which my wife drives daily, and she goes over the limit of 40 miles all of the time, and only averages 83 "lifetime MPG" on the computer. still not bad. I highly recommend both cars to anyone who drives a lot of under 40 mile trips. The volt gets over 46 MPG on gasoline alone, on long trips. sure is fun to drive by gas stations, watching everyone filling the "gas hogs" :)"

I absolutely love this car!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sleek, mileage, touch screen"

"At first I was not impressed with the 43 charge miles, but boy did I change my mind! It uses premium gas, but the tank is only 9 gallons, so in 6 weeks we have spent 46.03 in gas!! The car is sleek, fast and smooth. Not to mention all of the oohs, ahhs and stares that we get. The interior is futuristic, feel like I'm getting into an airplane! Also, the back seat is not to bad, hard to get in the back seat, but kinda roomy in the back (considering the size of the car). The large touch screen, navigation, Cadillac Cue system is AWESOME."

One of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good ride, fit and finish A+."

Cons: "back seat is a little small. no problem with us."

"I absolutely loved this car when I first saw a picture of it over 2 years ago. I always said I would buy one if the price was right. Well, when the pricing came out last fall, I decided it was a little too expensive for me(retired, fixed income), so I leased a Buick Regal GS. It is a fabulous car, and most anyone would love it. Good performance, fit and finish are top notch, decent mileage 23 mpg, But I had previously owned a Cadillac SRX, but that Buick was not a Cadillac. Then in late June, GM came out with a $12,000.00 discount, and I couldn't resist, I had to have that ELR. That Caddy is the sharpest car on the highway, and I cant tell you how many people have walked up to me and wanted to know all about it. It rides , handles, fantastic, fit and finish is best quality i have ever seen, Leather, suede, seats are very comfortable, only the back seat is rather small, but that doesn't hurt anything, as only my wife and I ever sit in it anyhow. As far as performance goes, It is not a drag car, but why drag anyone with it, as they wouldn't get a good look at it. As far as the performance, it runs very good, and I am too old to be out racing with it anyhow. It will go 100 mph and that is too fast anyhow. Now is the big thing, the gas mileage is wonderful. In the 1900 miles I have driven it, I have only bought 6.8 gallons of that old "LIQUID GOLD". That adds up to 279.4MPG. and it gets better every day. The only time I bought gas is when My wife and I took a 300_ mile day trip up north. The EL meter shows between 45-56 miles all the time. It is only rated at 37 MPG, but it has never been that bad. There were lots of rebates and discounts and credits, along with the great trade I got originally for the Cadillac SRX that I sold to the dealer when I leased the Buick. That all added up to over $65,000 + dollars. So the ELR really didn't cost that much. My wife calls it my forever car. I will probably drive it forever."

Per Page:  5 | 10