• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Cadillac DTS

Based on 201 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

It is a great car. Low maintenance, lux features

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "A reliable 6 pass luxury car. Great gas mileage."

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. Reliable, comfortable, great gas mileage."

DTS~~North Star engine~~Premier Pkg~~can't be beat

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "everything~"

Cons: "nothing!"

"Have driven Cads as primary vehicle since 1976, Coupe DeVille, Eldorado (2) Sedan DeVilles (6) and two DTS...the '79 Eldorado had the 8-6-4 engine and all the later ones the fabulous 'NorthStar' which can't be beat, the 2011 we are now driving was the last DTS GM made and quite frankly am not impressed with the newer Caddies....we will drive this DTS as long as possible before trading...it has the 'Premier' pkg and as near as can tell the only thing missing is a chauffeur!!!...Love this car"

Very good vehicle in every respect

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Too many to list!"

Cons: "Small glove box and console."

"My sixth Caddy and do not want to give it up. Great ride and handling. Highway gas mileage 26-27, city around 18.....on regular gas."

2008 DTS Platinum, best value on the road!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Looks, & Features of the Platinum Edition"

Cons: "The jokes you get by not driving a CTS-V Cadillac"

Smokey Mountains = Brake Jobs

"First off, let me start by saying I'm just turning 35 and this is my second DTS. I had a 2002 DTS and everyone was surprised when I bought that, even my 70 year old mother. I then moved to a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT and missed the ride so much I gave the car to my wife. I bought my latest DTS a 2008 Platinum Edition a couple of years ago. I love the style of these cars and the items that are within them. I searched and searched then drove 500+ total miles to take delivery of this car. I could have bought just about anything I wanted like BMW'S, Mercedes and decided to go with the Cadillac. I've drove this car on many trips and never had a problem. I learned by getting all the maintenance done as soon as it needs to be will extend the life of these cars by thousands of miles. You really have to baby these cars to keep them running strong at least by the lessons I learned from the previous model. The only problems I've had is the mirror getting loose and the nuts that hold it falling inside the door and multiple brake jobs due to me going on vacations in the Smokey Mountains. I kind of take the blame for the mirror since it gets washed every 2-3 days. I love the features like the Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise, Leather Dash, Alcantara headliner, Navigation, Upgraded Leather and the over all different interior then any other DTS since its a Platinum. If you want room with a ride you can't beat for the money, the Cadillac DTS is the car for you."

Smokey Mountains = Brake Jobs

Excellent

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun drive, confortable, very reliable"

Cons: "Electronics poor, expect more from Cadillac"

"I purchased car used with 19,900 miles. Had to replace windshield, renew GPS software and it caused problems with the original software and still unable to update correctly. Cadillac dealership and Cadillac have taken no action to correct. Extremely poor mileage, have taken to dealership to check, repair or replace, however, remains the same. 13.5 to 15mpg. On the road 16 to max 17mpg (sometimes). Various part had to be replaced because of worn or fell of the exterior. Battery had to be replaced. This being top of the line vehicle I expected more from Cadillac. I have the car taken well care of and maintained according to maintenance procedures."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac DTS near Honolulu. See local deals