• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2002 Cadillac DeVille

8.1

Based on 540 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Great car, but expensive repairs.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Reason: mechanical issues

Pros: "Fun to drive, overall great car"

Cons: "Expensive repairs."

"I had the car for 3 years. I bought the car used with 55,000 miles and traded it in with 120,000 miles. Overall I loved the car. Powerfull, quiet, and loaded with all the luxuries. Definitely worth spending the extra gas money to support that 300hp. Downfall was expensive repairs, even from being well maintained. Be prepared to shell out a minimum of $600 for each garage visit. First repair (still under the 60 day warranty) was a leak in the throttle body which caused check engine light to remain on. After a smoke test for about 2-3 hours to determine what was leaking the repair would have cost about $600 if it wasn't under warranty. I had to replace 2 window regulators, also quite pricey. I had to replace the front struts, which again is very pricey. Dealer parts were well over $1,000. I finally had to trade it in because of a mysterious transmission leak I could not find. It would run good for months, then out of no where it would all empty out one day backing down the driveway. Then run with no problems for another month. I did a transmission tune up replaced the pan and gaskets,still had a mysterious leak. If it wasn't for the expensive repairs I would still be driving the car today."

A Real Achievement in American Automobile Manufact

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

"I have been driving my DTS for the past 8 years. I love it because it is extremely comfortable, has a lot of power under the hood, and has about every convenience you could want in a vehicle. The interior of the vehicle is exceptionally quiet. Cadillac really insulated the cabin, you can put the peddle down on her and still hear the radio at a very low volume setting. I have test driven new Lexus LS models that don't block out road noise like my Cadillac. My favorite features are the steering wheel controls that let you adjust the radio, air conditioning, and cruise control without ever taking your hands off the wheel. The Bose sound is exceptional. Mine is a 2000 year model with 169,000 miles and I still get compliments on her to this day. Always garaged, her paint still shines like new (this is a recent pic). I love the chrome wheels and the standard center console on the interior. The leather holds up exceptionally well. I have thought many times about buying a new car, but I cannot justify it because this Caddy STILL does everything so well! And I do mean everything! The car has been very, very reliable, but there are costs to maintaining her. You can expect to spend a grand or two on her each year, but she's worth it. I must say, I love her and want to keep her as long as I can. If you have the chance to buy a nice one like mine, do it. You really can't go wrong if you choose carefully."

well maintained; new tires + others

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "dream to drive"

Cons: "sun wear on driver's side sear"

"well maintained through the years; has new tires, radiator, coolant recovery tank, thermostat rides like a dream; excellent pickup"

Love driving it. Doesn't owe me a dime.

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "no remote start"

"Love my car. Really dependable. I have enjoyed driving it, but need to replace it."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Lots of pwer, ride on air, feel no bumps, well lit"

Cons: "Only pricey to maintain this vehicle."

"of all vehicles i have had. And i have had many; (7) or more; i have gone 10 n half yrs without any problem at all. As with any vehicle it is extremely important to maintain your vehicle. but to have had no issues. this is the only vehicle anyone should ever drive. Maintenace wise is pricey but its worth to pay out, as to the length i have had no issues."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac DeVille near Honolulu. See local deals