• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Cadillac DeVille

8.4

Based on 422 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

Great cars

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I have owned four 97-99 Devilles they are great cars as long as it gets maintained. Before purchasing a northstar cadillac make sure to be alert for white smoke, or coolant smell since northstar engines are notorious for blown head gaskets. Alternators are also one of the components that fail the most on 1997-1999 devilles make sure battery volts are at around 13.2- 13.9 when car is running other way alternator is soon to fail. a great way to see if the car is in good shape is by checking the codes. to do that simply press on the A/C controlls the "off" and "warmer" buttons for aprox 5 secs, it will tell you all the codes, problems that are "history" are not to worry, but if you get codes that are "current" you might want to see what they mean before you make a purchase."

Classy, Ultra Comfort, Responsive, Great on Gas

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I have owned this 1999 Deville since 2005, I have put 100,000 miles on top of the original 60,000. It gets 19/27 mpg at the speed limit, averages 22.5 mixed driving and gets 24mpg at 70 mph. It will accommodate 6 adults easily. Quiet cabin, responsive, great feel for the road, excellent visibility, dimming mirrors = no nighttime glare, acceleration is flawless, driving at 90mph car handles like a dream, is still quiet and more power is still available. But this is not a sports car, it is a luxury car hard turns and maneuvers are confident but not fun. Repairs and parts are expensive, resale value is aweful, which means you can have the best for substantially less and live large for much less than any import luxury car."

Inexpensive, but check condition.

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, good performance, good-handling."

Cons: "Parts and repairs are very exxpensive."

"Great car in concept. Not cheap to repair. Finding a bad sensor or relay can be a chore (there are three banks of them in three different spots in the car). Must use premium octane gas. For this year, Cadillac placed the starter and starter solenoid UNDER the intake manifold, making it a very expensive affair to replace. Otherwise roadworthy, comfortable, and reasonable (if not great) MPG. If you can find a used one and have the money for repairs, Cadillacs in this range can be found relatively cheaply. Performance is smooth and lively, and the ride is impeccable. Just be prepared for costly repairs."

My 98 DeVille

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "dependable, comfortable, spacious"

Cons: "lower gas milege than new cars,21mph in town"

"I have had 3 cadilac's and I love them. I owned and 88 DeVille which was hit by a semi and totaled and I had to replace it and I got a 91 Eldorado and a tree fell on it 7 years later. But I loved the car. I bought My 98 DeVille in 2011 and I have enjoyed this car just as much as my other ones. They ride smooth. They are classic. My only complaint about my 98 DeVille is that this year of cars are so cheaply made in the interior. The corners of the headliners and vinyl seem to be coming apart and the decal on the outside of the car is bubbling. An expensive car like this was shouldn't have been using such cheap materials on it to be doing this. The wheels are peeling metal off of them. But other than that, the car is fantastic. It is everything a cadilac should be."

Very Nice Road Car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I've had this car for 5 years and has been nothing but a joy. Mine has 137,000 miles and just agve it a tune up. It runs and drives great. Highly recomended"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac DeVille near Honolulu. See local deals