2015 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $65,775 - $70,802.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/7.9

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Auto Stop/Start is a deal killer for some

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "If don't mind Auto Start and run-flats, great car"

Cons: "Auto stop/start, run-flats (and no spare)"

"The Auto Stop/Start is terrible. It may not bother everyone (I cannot fathom how people above don’t mind this), but it is annoying and distracting every time you stop the car. The car shakes and jiggles at every stop sign and stop light. My passengers are incredulous when they’re first taken for a spin. It is not only annoying, but also distracting; your mind goes to it every single time you stop. You can turn this off every time you start the car, but it is not possible to turn this feature off permanently. Make sure you thoroughly test drive them before buying. When test driving, make sure you do some city/urban driving and turn the A/C off (it doesn’t kick in when the A/C is chugging at a decent rate). Like I said, it won’t bother everyone, but will bother many. Enough so that GM put out a couple bulletins on the subject. Check out #15-NA-033 “Normal Characteristic – Slight Bump, Jerk or Rough Engine Startup [Oct 15, 2015]”. It says “Condition: some customers may comment that there is a slight bump, jerk or rough engine startup during an AutoStart event”. Then it says, “Correction: This is a normal condition”. I guess they said it was unusual, then had to correct it and say it is a normal condition!!! Directive #16-NA-071: Diagnostic Tips for Stop/Start and Auto Stop Operation [Mar 4, 2016] says, “Condition: Vehicle does not engage in Auto Stop mode and Vehicle automatically restarts during an AutoStop event”. It goes on to say, “It is imperative that the customer be well informed about the unique features and operational characteristics of their vehicle equipped with Stop/Start. For the sales team to be fully prepared, they should use the Getting to Know Your Vehicle guide as an outline when presenting the vehicle to the customer”. Cadillac knows this is a terrible feature and they are not notifying their customers. Other cons: the run-flats are a poor ride; they’re loud and you can feel everything. New CTS doesn’t come with a spare and instead has run-flats. The tactile sliders/”buttons” are over-engineered. Just give me a knob for the radio volume; ditto for the A/C fan speed. Also, a tad more difficult to get out of than previous CTS. Pros: trunk is larger than previous CTS; nice and roomy. The panel that comes up in the dash is a cool storage area (and lockable). Cool feature that lets you program the radio so you are notified when your favorite band is on XM. Bluetooth with phone is loud and clear. Has both Android Auto and the IOS version."

Caddy girl

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Bad to the bone!"

Cons: "cup holders,mirrors for backing up, dismal fail"

"Found this beauty while getting some repairs done on my XLR. Traded the XLR for the CTS-V. Faster than the XLR. Cool, classy and comfortable Caddy; reminds me of my old Biarritz, but sportier. I always seem to fall in love with, and buy Caddies that are or will no longer be in production. LOVE THIS CAR (but I do miss my little convertible XLR.)"

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cruiser good mpg"

"I've driven BMW 5 series for years; no more. This car is better than the the 5s and Audi 6 and MB 3s all day long. Quick and comfortable. Just a great car."

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Design, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires"

"I am very pleased with the car. Great design, always gets looks. I have been lucky to have owned some nice looking cars (traded a Honda S-2000)and none come close to this car. Quality inside and out. I test drove all the German competitors and they are not as engaging to drive. I was worried about the CUE system when I bought the car because of the expert reviews(finger prints). Don't be, you set up most settings once and can use the toggle buttons on the steering wheel for most things. I think I wiped the screen twice in a year. Run Flat Tires only negative."

Worth Every Penny!

By on Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pros: "Performance, styling, build quality, comfort"

Cons: "Hesitant between slow speed shifts, tire noise"

"It was time to reluctantly trade my 07 Cadillac CTS Sport on a new car. Hearing all the hype about the 2014 CTS, and my love of my 07, convinced me to buy one. I got a fully loaded 2.0T CTS4. My love affair with my previous CTS has been quickly replaced by a car that exceeds it in almost every way. The 4 cylinder engine provides amazing power and agility. The transmission hesitates from time to time at lower speeds, which an eight speed will fix. There also seems to be more tire noise than I find acceptable for a premium vehicle, but that may just be the Pirelli's. These are the only faults I have found. The interior is impeccable and tasteful. The build quality far exceeds my first CTS. Tight tolerances, no rattles, and high end materials. The seats are just the right amount of firmness to be perfectly comfortable. The best part, though, is the driving experience. This car is just plain fun. It's powerful, responsive, and always draws the eyes of admirers. There is so much to love about this car that you can't go wrong if you get one, too"

Red Rocket

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pros: "fast, great handling"

Cons: "twitchy, hard ride on run-flat tires"

"Car is scary fast. I had a 2005 CTS-V with a V8. This car with a twin turbo 6 is faster and gets much better mileage (20 avg MPG instead of 12). Car is capable of things far beyond my skill level, and I have some performance driving training. Handling simply defies the law of physics. Acceleration is tremendous. Things to consider--handling is light, almost twitchy. You can veer off the straight when reaching down to retrieve a dropped item. Ride is a little rough because of the run-flat tires. I am gong to replace the tires with a set that are not run-flats to soften up the ride even though the car has no spare and no place for a spare. Hate the volume controls for the radio found in the center of the dash. There is not another performance sedan that I would rather own."

amazing driving experience

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "best driving vehicle ever"

Cons: "can not think of any"

"high tech features, so many features it takes weeks to examine and use. great fuel economy and exceptional handling and performance. V6 uses regular fuel which is an added bonus, most competition requires premium. Neat features like screw in tow hooks for front and back if you ever need towed. Many many more features to numerous to remember."

Absolutely Beautiful car. Very quick for a V-6.

By on Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pros: "Real quick, & fun to "get on" once in a while."

Cons: "Very low. Getting in & out not easy as you get old"

"Installed K&N air filter, as no one makes a cold air induction pkg. for it YET! Very quick as is, and theres the rub. I always want to get on it, and because of how it looks, and the pretty aggressive exhaust note, it's a "cop magnet".Originally looked for a CTS-V, but more $$ than I could swing, plus, a little too hairy for everyday street use.Also, insurance outrageous! Had many street trim Chevy V-8's back in the day, and an Olds W-30 442, and this Caddy 3.6 V-6 is surprisingly fast!This car is kind of a "Bucket List" buy for me, and the only thing that might make me consider selling it, is if Chevy would bring back the old Impala Super Sport, with rear wheel drive, and a good sized V-8 engine. Other than a few very minor complaints, this Caddy is a very quick, very good looking, high end ride. I love it, and I think you probably will too!"

Very pleasant transportation

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"I have owned 7 Cadillacs and this is the best."

Really great car except for front seat.

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of looks"

Cons: "hard seats"

"Front seats are very uncomfortable, not soft, very hard."

Awesome

By on Monday, June 8, 2015

Pros: "Styling inside and out; handling; engine; seats"

Cons: "transmission learning curve; CUE"

My car at the car wash

"I wasn't a huge fan of the 1st and 2nd generations of the CTS but I really love the styling of this one, the third, both inside and out. On the outside, it looks so agressive! It really is a cool design. For the most part I think the shiny trim of the interior is much more preferable than the matte black interiors of its German competitors. It really looks expensive. You do get a lot of fingerprints on the CUE display but I'm not having problems with that anywhere else inside the car. The interior looks especially cool at night. This car is unbelievably fun to drive. It is crazy fast and the handling is ridiculously good. The transmission takes some getting used to but the more you get to know the car the less of an issue the tranny is. It has eight speeds and a top speed of 170 so there's a lot going on there. Since I have the Vsport version you should know that with that comes the sports suspension which can be a little on the firm side and the steering especially in sport mode can feel a little heavy if you're used to driving a Camry. But you'll come to love this "nailed to the road" sensation. And it's all part of the experience that makes you feel like you're in one of the coolest cars on the road. I still have the orignal Pirelli's and I'm looking forward to replacing it with better tires which I hear improve the ride. As far as the much maligned CUE, I agree it could be better though it definitely is not all that bad. I strive to do everything from the steering wheel which is almost possible, almost... The voice commands are practically useless since it heavily favors commands for finding non-favorited random XM stations and accessing music on portable devices like USB sticks and CDs (which with streaming is becoming obsolete). It has an "app" for Pandora which is awesome but I wish they had one for Spotify. The seats in this car are so comfortable! They make you feel like you're in a fighter jet! I've owned a lot of great cars but this is definitely the greatest. I look forward to driving it today as much as the day I got it. Buy it and you will not be disappointed."

My car at the car wash

love this

By on Friday, May 9, 2014

"I really love this car"

Awesome and very good looking car. Great Interior!

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pros: "Design, Interior, Driving Dynamics, Standard equip"

Cons: "None."

"I am 23years old and this is my first New car. I have to say I love everything about the CTS. The interior was far better than the 5series and E-Class I drove and had way more standard features for the price. The driving dynamics are top notch and very engaging! Currently own 2015 CTS Performance 3.6L If you are looking at a Benz or a 5 Series, go check this car out! You will be very impressed and wonder why you did not have it listed top on your list! Only Con is RunFlat Tires, but this is standard on almost all Luxury Sedans these days. It is fact that they have a firmer ride, but they are a lot safer than traditional tires."

Best Luxury Sports Sedan Under $90K

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Pros: "Vsport super fun, design, Apple Carplay, wheels"

Cons: "Base gauges, leather, hardish seat, run flat tires"

"Owned a 2011 Audi S4 before this car. This car makes a statement and has a presence that the S4 just couldn't make (although I loved that car). I cross shopped this CTS Vsport against the BMW 340 and 5 series, the MB C450 AMG and the Chevy SS. The C450 AMG is a really nice car but all wheel drive and more expensive. I love the Chevy SS but the looks, 6 speed auto and gas guzzler tax are underwhelming. Now that car in the 6 speed manual is another story but that wasn't an option for my family (next car purchase perhaps). After test driving all of those cars multiple times, I could barely believe it myself, but my heart went with the Caddy. I choose the dark Adriatic blue paint and the tan interior. The blue paint is really striking with the absolutely boss dark painted chrome rims. But this car looks awesome in the phantom gray and white too. The power is both strong and linear in this car and really comes on in the 3500 rev range. Over time, you can really feel the difference between the tour, sport and track driver settings. Tooling around town with a heavy foot, like mine, will definitely hurt the MPGs but I actually got 27 MPG on a mixed driving road trip the other day! The steering feel is amazing in this car. Leaps better than the electric assist that Mercedes, BMW and especially Audi have to offer. I like the way this Vsport sounds although it is slightly artificially enhanced. Externally, it is a bigger vehicle than my S4 but the curb weight is essentially the same. While it is definitely bigger up front......it does feel bigger in the back too, although the measurements don't really suggest it. Bottom line, this is a amazing car. I really love it. It only loses to the 5 series in sales volume because of BMW's teflon reputation of being the ultimate driving machine. Unfortunately, that is really no longer true with the exception of the 2 series. The reverse holds true on the Caddy side, they were cars that your grand parents drove but that is just no longer the case. This car would have scared the heck out of my grandma! Read the recent comparison test that Motor Trend ran on this car, the Audi S6 and Lexus GS-F. Those cars are $90K+ and this car won! Drive this $60K CTS Vsport vs the BMW 340 & 550, E400 and the A6, it is no contest as far as driving dynamics goes. What you lose is brand cache and the fact that it seems that everyone has a BMW or Mercedes these days. What you make up is a beautifully executed automobile that leads the pack in design, driving dynamics, magneto suspension and steering feel which has tons of power and a lower price point. No brainer? Not to mention the fact that if your dealer can find you the one that you want already on a lot somewhere, they will no doubt go get it for you and give you a sweetheart deal too! Try that with the Germans...."

The best Cadillac ever made,

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I absolutely love this car. The turbo is surprisingly strong and responsive. The interior is superb, everything fits perfectly, no squeakes, quiet, great finish with soft touch materials. Paint is flawless, elegant looking but the best part is the handling and road feel. Takes tight freeway curves at 80 mph+ with ease and all bumps are absorbed without unsettling the flawless ride. It is the best car I have ever driven in this category. It should be at the top of the list to test drive, you will never go back to foreign makes. I bought this car based on the reviews without ever driving one. Theres not enough room here for praise. Theres nothing I dont like about this car. Congratulations to Cadillac and proud its American."