2015 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $66,372 - $70,421.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/7.9

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Auto Stop/Start is a deal killer for some

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "If don't mind Auto Start and run-flats, great car"

Cons: "Auto stop/start, run-flats (and no spare)"

"The Auto Stop/Start is terrible. It may not bother everyone (I cannot fathom how people above don’t mind this), but it is annoying and distracting every time you stop the car. The car shakes and jiggles at every stop sign and stop light. My passengers are incredulous when they’re first taken for a spin. It is not only annoying, but also distracting; your mind goes to it every single time you stop. You can turn this off every time you start the car, but it is not possible to turn this feature off permanently. Make sure you thoroughly test drive them before buying. When test driving, make sure you do some city/urban driving and turn the A/C off (it doesn’t kick in when the A/C is chugging at a decent rate). Like I said, it won’t bother everyone, but will bother many. Enough so that GM put out a couple bulletins on the subject. Check out #15-NA-033 “Normal Characteristic – Slight Bump, Jerk or Rough Engine Startup [Oct 15, 2015]”. It says “Condition: some customers may comment that there is a slight bump, jerk or rough engine startup during an AutoStart event”. Then it says, “Correction: This is a normal condition”. I guess they said it was unusual, then had to correct it and say it is a normal condition!!! Directive #16-NA-071: Diagnostic Tips for Stop/Start and Auto Stop Operation [Mar 4, 2016] says, “Condition: Vehicle does not engage in Auto Stop mode and Vehicle automatically restarts during an AutoStop event”. It goes on to say, “It is imperative that the customer be well informed about the unique features and operational characteristics of their vehicle equipped with Stop/Start. For the sales team to be fully prepared, they should use the Getting to Know Your Vehicle guide as an outline when presenting the vehicle to the customer”. Cadillac knows this is a terrible feature and they are not notifying their customers. Other cons: the run-flats are a poor ride; they’re loud and you can feel everything. New CTS doesn’t come with a spare and instead has run-flats. The tactile sliders/”buttons” are over-engineered. Just give me a knob for the radio volume; ditto for the A/C fan speed. Also, a tad more difficult to get out of than previous CTS. Pros: trunk is larger than previous CTS; nice and roomy. The panel that comes up in the dash is a cool storage area (and lockable). Cool feature that lets you program the radio so you are notified when your favorite band is on XM. Bluetooth with phone is loud and clear. Has both Android Auto and the IOS version."

Caddy girl

By on Monday, November 9, 2015

Pros: "Bad to the bone!"

Cons: "cup holders,mirrors for backing up, dismal fail"

"Found this beauty while getting some repairs done on my XLR. Traded the XLR for the CTS-V. Faster than the XLR. Cool, classy and comfortable Caddy; reminds me of my old Biarritz, but sportier. I always seem to fall in love with, and buy Caddies that are or will no longer be in production. LOVE THIS CAR (but I do miss my little convertible XLR.)"

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cruiser good mpg"

"I've driven BMW 5 series for years; no more. This car is better than the the 5s and Audi 6 and MB 3s all day long. Quick and comfortable. Just a great car."

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Design, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires"

"I am very pleased with the car. Great design, always gets looks. I have been lucky to have owned some nice looking cars (traded a Honda S-2000)and none come close to this car. Quality inside and out. I test drove all the German competitors and they are not as engaging to drive. I was worried about the CUE system when I bought the car because of the expert reviews(finger prints). Don't be, you set up most settings once and can use the toggle buttons on the steering wheel for most things. I think I wiped the screen twice in a year. Run Flat Tires only negative."

Worth Every Penny!

By on Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pros: "Performance, styling, build quality, comfort"

Cons: "Hesitant between slow speed shifts, tire noise"

"It was time to reluctantly trade my 07 Cadillac CTS Sport on a new car. Hearing all the hype about the 2014 CTS, and my love of my 07, convinced me to buy one. I got a fully loaded 2.0T CTS4. My love affair with my previous CTS has been quickly replaced by a car that exceeds it in almost every way. The 4 cylinder engine provides amazing power and agility. The transmission hesitates from time to time at lower speeds, which an eight speed will fix. There also seems to be more tire noise than I find acceptable for a premium vehicle, but that may just be the Pirelli's. These are the only faults I have found. The interior is impeccable and tasteful. The build quality far exceeds my first CTS. Tight tolerances, no rattles, and high end materials. The seats are just the right amount of firmness to be perfectly comfortable. The best part, though, is the driving experience. This car is just plain fun. It's powerful, responsive, and always draws the eyes of admirers. There is so much to love about this car that you can't go wrong if you get one, too"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next