• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,567 - $48,400.

10/8.0

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Very pleasant transportation

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"I have owned 7 Cadillacs and this is the best."

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great Design, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Run Flat Tires"

"I am very pleased with the car. Great design, always gets looks. I have been lucky to have owned some nice looking cars (traded a Honda S-2000)and none come close to this car. Quality inside and out. I test drove all the German competitors and they are not as engaging to drive. I was worried about the CUE system when I bought the car because of the expert reviews(finger prints). Don't be, you set up most settings once and can use the toggle buttons on the steering wheel for most things. I think I wiped the screen twice in a year. Run Flat Tires only negative."

Worth Every Penny!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Performance, styling, build quality, comfort"

Cons: "Hesitant between slow speed shifts, tire noise"

"It was time to reluctantly trade my 07 Cadillac CTS Sport on a new car. Hearing all the hype about the 2014 CTS, and my love of my 07, convinced me to buy one. I got a fully loaded 2.0T CTS4. My love affair with my previous CTS has been quickly replaced by a car that exceeds it in almost every way. The 4 cylinder engine provides amazing power and agility. The transmission hesitates from time to time at lower speeds, which an eight speed will fix. There also seems to be more tire noise than I find acceptable for a premium vehicle, but that may just be the Pirelli's. These are the only faults I have found. The interior is impeccable and tasteful. The build quality far exceeds my first CTS. Tight tolerances, no rattles, and high end materials. The seats are just the right amount of firmness to be perfectly comfortable. The best part, though, is the driving experience. This car is just plain fun. It's powerful, responsive, and always draws the eyes of admirers. There is so much to love about this car that you can't go wrong if you get one, too"

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cruiser good mpg"

"I've driven BMW 5 series for years; no more. This car is better than the the 5s and Audi 6 and MB 3s all day long. Quick and comfortable. Just a great car."

Awesome

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

Pros: "Styling inside and out; handling; engine; seats"

Cons: "transmission learning curve; CUE"

My car at the car wash

"I wasn't a huge fan of the 1st and 2nd generations of the CTS but I really love the styling of this one, the third, both inside and out. On the outside, it looks so agressive! It really is a cool design. For the most part I think the shiny trim of the interior is much more preferable than the matte black interiors of its German competitors. It really looks expensive. You do get a lot of fingerprints on the CUE display but I'm not having problems with that anywhere else inside the car. The interior looks especially cool at night. This car is unbelievably fun to drive. It is crazy fast and the handling is ridiculously good. The transmission takes some getting used to but the more you get to know the car the less of an issue the tranny is. It has eight speeds and a top speed of 170 so there's a lot going on there. Since I have the Vsport version you should know that with that comes the sports suspension which can be a little on the firm side and the steering especially in sport mode can feel a little heavy if you're used to driving a Camry. But you'll come to love this "nailed to the road" sensation. And it's all part of the experience that makes you feel like you're in one of the coolest cars on the road. I still have the orignal Pirelli's and I'm looking forward to replacing it with better tires which I hear improve the ride. As far as the much maligned CUE, I agree it could be better though it definitely is not all that bad. I strive to do everything from the steering wheel which is almost possible, almost... The voice commands are practically useless since it heavily favors commands for finding non-favorited random XM stations and accessing music on portable devices like USB sticks and CDs (which with streaming is becoming obsolete). It has an "app" for Pandora which is awesome but I wish they had one for Spotify. The seats in this car are so comfortable! They make you feel like you're in a fighter jet! I've owned a lot of great cars but this is definitely the greatest. I look forward to driving it today as much as the day I got it. Buy it and you will not be disappointed."

My car at the car wash