2009 Cadillac CTS

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Wonderful car to drive...

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Purchased 08 CTS DI AWD in Dec 07. The only small problem I had was that since I don't drive the car that often, the battery was getting drained very quickly. After the dealership replacing the battery, all has been great. Since the engine has over 300HP and doesn't require premium fuel, it hasn't been that expensive. Would definitely purchase another GM car in the future."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"Purchased 09 CTS DI AWD in Oct 2008. I have had one problem- the OnStar system was draining the battery if the car sat for a couple of days. Dealership performed a flash upgrade of the system and it has not had any problems since. Considering 2009 was a new model year I accept that there will be an issue or two- the dealership handled it quickly and professionally so I am satisfied with the service. I wanted a car with loads of safety features, and especially All Wheel Drive, but I also wanted something with decent aceleration. I shopped the usual competitors- Acura, Lexus, BMW, but there is not much else out there with 300+ HP and AWD for under 50k. The car also has some nice luxury features that are hard to find on other cars in the price range. Be sure to get the direct injection- the small price difference is well worth the extra power, and the engine runs on regular unleaded, unlike most of the competition."

sportsfan

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I purchased my 09 CTS AWD in October of 08. It's a beautiful car and it handles great. That being said - this car's been in the shop as much as it's been in my driveway. From small problems (engine light, annoying rattles, stuck console door) to big problems - faulty transmission that needed to be replaced... this car has been a huge disappointment. I held off submitting the JD Powers review because I hoped GM would make it right - but they fell far short of the mark. The last straw was a noise that recently developed somewhere in the under-carriage (maybe it's also related to the transmission?). As a result I got rid of the car and I am sad to say that I will no longer buy a GM product. They should have done the right thing and replaced the car at some point (as I repeatedly requested). My only other alternative was lemon-law - and I didn't want to go through that. Overall, the CTS and dealing with GM/Cadillac was a very disappointing experience. It was surprising for a company that's trying to rebound."

Beautiful Lemon

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"I've had my CTS DI for a little over a year-it is fully loaded & has given me nothing but problems. It has been in the shop for many, many various problems 7 times in 14 months. Problems range from noisy brakes to window rolling down on it's own, to unknown reason for check engine light coming on several times, and many,many more problems. It is scheduled to go in next week again (#8) to fix a couple of the problems but new issues have popped up in the last week. Am talking with GM rep & Dealer to get out of this car. $47,000 to be in a rental car every 2 months. Very disappointed- beautiful car but too many problems."

never again

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"I've had Mercedes,Lexus and BMW. This is my first Cadillac and my last Cadillac. I have been back to the dealership for diagnosis and repair 4 times with different electrical problems. ( the first one took over 2 weeks to find ) I have been in a rental car 4 weeks total over the last 12 months. I have never been so dissappointed. Not even able to have the "new car thrill" it went in two days after I drove it off the lot. The dealership has been very pleasant under the circumstances but GM/Cadillac has been a huge dissapointment. No way I will keep this car after the warranty is up, if the economy were better I'd have traded it in on a new BMW by now."