2008 Cadillac CTS

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

LOVE THE SPORTY FEEL AND LOOK

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Have had for over 3 years and bought with 10k miles on it. Handles great and never any issues with mechanical"

Excellent vehicle, stunning performance/handlng

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Performance, handling, covers all driving needs"

Cons: "Fuel consumption - if that worries you"

"Diamond white color is superb in Southern sunshine. Handling and performance are absolutely top notch. Great driving position and comfort with Recaro seats. Car can handle daily driving, long road trips and the twisties. Also copes with most 2+dog+luggage situations. Reliability has been good, just one problem with a strut that had to be replaced for squeaking. Oh, one last thing, very important to get a good alignment set-up, otherwise you'll burn the tires off in very few miles!"

Awesome car!

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Quality, luxury, ride."

Cons: "Not a thing"

"This car is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased my CTS about one month ago, new from my local Cadillac dealer. The dealer was very very helpful and awesome while looking for my car. The CTS I own is the premium edition with AWD. The options and features in my Cadillac have for sure blown my mind. Sound system and it's quality have got to be at the top of my list, along with the heated steering wheel(cold days), navigation system, and her very very large sun roof. Also the ride quality and performance surpass any other car I tested during my search, has such a smooth ride on ANY road surface (has no issue with the snow). I am very happy with my decision, and can't wait to drive it for the next four or so years."

I enjoy this car!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I enjoy the ride in my CTS, although, it is not a smooth ride as it use to be with all the potholes in Oahu. I love the leather used on the seats, front panel, dash, and doors, to include the placement and details of the stitching. The moon roof is my most enjoyable easy access feature. If it had additional wood grain on the panel, gear shift panel, and a bit of the back door panel it would have been cosmetically perfect! I was surprised that there is not enough leg room in the backseat for people taller than 5'3. Also, the trunk space is pretty small, another disappointment. The body of the 2008 is just perfect! The grill has just the right amount of chrome, the shape of the head/ tail lights look perfect. Especially with the chrome fog lights. I like where the placement of the break lights rest on the trunk with the shape of the tail end. The rims are perfect also. Overall I enjoy my car and most of its features."

Love, love, love this car!

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Great looking, great performace, sporty"

Cons: "None!"

"My favorite car used to be my Lincoln Mark 8,,couldn't get a better car, for years I tried. Bought a wonderful BMW, liked it, traded it in for a CTS.....finally found something that could top that old Mark!! Handles like a real sporty car, luxury beyond all, great overall appearance. Love the panoramic sun roof!! Highly recommend this caddy! "Ain't your grandpa's caddy"!"

Quality, comfort and love the way it handles

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Powerful engine, handling, sound system, comfy."

Cons: "Wind noise"

"Bought this vehicle new in 2008. We got AWD due to winter weather. Love the way it handles and the engine gives you power, torque and great gas mileage. We put over 65000 miles in a 3.5 year period. Three minor complaints. Visibility could be better, plastic trim under front bumper gets hung up on parking stops and annoying wind noise at high speeds due to automatic moon roof. Other than that, great car. In fact, I'm looking at trading up to 2010 or 2011 CTS AWD to get mileage back to the 20000 range."

Excellent driving experience

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "AWD, reliability, resale value, great handling"

Cons: "cramped interior, too heavy"

"AWD is a dream in the winter time. Car is well connected to the road, however the weight of the AWD system hurts acceleration and fuel economy. Sporty ride definitely affects ride quality. 79,000 miles and still humming along with only minor repairs necessary. We were initially looking at a Lexus but are glad we purchased this car. Great job Caddy."

Extremely safe and reliable family car

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Very easy to drive"

Cons: "Driver door will not easily stop in intermediate position"

"Has been a great reliable car for last two years. All mantenance completed on time or earlier. Very comfortable to drive. Easy and responsive at low and high speeds."

Great car

By on Saturday, October 16, 2010

"This is my second Cadillac, and have been very happy since day one. Its been comfortable on long trips and around town. I love the heated and air conditioned seats, in hot weather it keeps me from sticking to the leather. The only peeve I have with the car is the very low front deflector, I have to be very careful not to get too close to the curb when parking nose in."

2008

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Understand why it was named MT car of the year. Well designed, well made. Handling is excellent, but ride is not as sweet as the 1980 Seville. Trunk is not as convenient to get things in and out of as it could be - opening is small. Software to operate features in the owner's manual did not support instructions and functions. Looks like manual was written for what designers wanted, not what they delivered. Love the independent climate controls. Sound system is outstanding. First time having navigation system, and found it to be nice to have in a strange city. On board phone is nice because Washington state passed a hands-free phone only law. Overall, this is one of the nicest cars I've owned."

Smooth as Silk

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"This 2008 CTS is not the caddy your grand dad drove. It is sporty has a great Tech package and the ride is as smooth as any car you've driven. I like it better than my Jag."

Much better than the Caddies I've previously owned

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Very fun to drive, great suspension and brakes."

Cons: "Hard to keep it at the speed limit. Smallish trunk"

"The handling of this car really is incredible. Before starting a family, I owned a few Caddies. Sure, they were comfortable. But they were boring to drive. My kids are older now and it was time to find that luxury sports sedan. I looked at the competition and found the CTS was very comparable. So why the CTS. All other things being near equal, there was the price. The CTS was lower in price. That and the fact servicing is more convenient. Where I live, the nearest Audi, BMW, and Mercedes dealerships are quite a drive. But most every town has a GM dealership. In the eight months I've had this car, I've had no problems with it. It makes me want to find the most exciting route to my destination rather than the quickest route. There are only a few negatives that I can think of. Trunk space is limited, but that's common in this class. The back seats are a little cramped, but still good for long trips. My last complaint didn't even involve the car itself. It was XM radio that was the disappointment. It never came through as stereo sound so when the trial ended, I didn't sign up for it."

Exterior/Interior Styling are unmatched!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Best looking and driving sports sedan."

Cons: "DI 3.6 liter engine ticking noise."

"I purchased my 2009 CTS 3.6 L, 6-Speed Manual Sports Sedan in February 2010. I fell in love with its interior and exterior features upon first sight before the car even went into production. I personally worked on the CTS Team that helped launch the car. I also loved the idea of driving a true sports sedan: 3.6 liter engine with a 6-speed manual transmission. I live in South Carolina and flew to Pennsylvania to purchase the car. At time of purchase I did not not notice the ticking sound the engine made. I took it to my local dealership to find out why my new had this ticking noise. The technician explained that the new DI engines made this noise and my engine was perfectly fine. I was happy to find out nothing was wrong with my car, but certainly disappointed to find out that the whimpy noise was something I would have to live with. Now, if you own a car with that much power, you want it to sound mean. How embarrassing. I've heard two cylinder engines with better sound. I sure wish GM would come out with an after market fix for that. I rated the quality a 9 and comfort/convenience an 8. The car's interior has a gap issue on console where wood trim hockey stick meets centerstack. Seats are not comfortable. The cabin is cramped, but it does lend to the sports car feel. The console storage compartment is a little small. I give the car a 9 out of 10 overall. It is one of the best looking cars on the road, even compared to the BMW 5 Series, Infinite G (I test drove those before purchasing the CTS)."

Great car overall.

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, fun to drive"

Cons: "4 way flasher switch not where I expect to find it"

Red Jewel tintcoat beauty!

"Unique, versatile, sporty wagon with awd.Doesn't have the disadvantages of an suv. Attracts a lot of attention. Great all weather highway car. I have owned the car since new and certainly would do it again. Best vehicle I have ever owned."

Red Jewel tintcoat beauty!

Love this car

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"Best car i ever own"

Love to drive it. Lots of power.

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cons: "Headlight visibility. Cramped for rear leg room."

"Needs more leg room in the rear. Electrical issues with the headlights. Have to take the front bumper off to change the lamps. Need brighter lights for better visibility at night."

Stellar Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "immense power, stunning looks inside and out"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This car is top notch in every way. The interior is gorgeous and you feel as if you are in a cock pit. The exterior styling turns every head that I pass, as I have the black diamond edition and there are none of these around at all. Performance will blow you away, handling is excellent. The only drawback is the very poor gas mileage (about 12-13 mpg), which equates to me having to visit the pump after about 180 miles. But then again, I drive it like it wants to be driven, it's hard not too. Overall, a 10 out of 10 in any category. If you can get one, especially a black diamond coupe, buy it. You will not regret it!!"

Great car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great desing, power and comfort"

Cons: "N/A"

"Pround of Cadillac, better than BMW and AUDI,great desing, classy, fun to drive, power, comfort and more.Very happy with my CTS coup."

Sophisticated, sports luxury with a few issues

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "See complete review"

"Gorgeously styled, I regularly get compliments from complete strangers. Acceleration is quite strong in sport shift mod. Excellent handling with either shock setting, but sport mode is best for all but freeway expansion joints. If there was a better car of this type and price, I would have bought it. I am a "Ford guy", but "cheaper" 2011 GT500 did not offer this level of sophistication, luxury and looks, or an automatic transmission. What's not to like? Best for those significantly smaller than myself, at 12,000 miles the Recaro seats are already showing seat way too much bolster wear from entry and exit, little to no headroom, and rub head on virtually every entry or if sitting upright, not having moon roof would add critical headroom. Backseat is for small children where even height-challenged adults will have no headroom. Equally challenging is pushing the door part-way open without it closing on you, the door detents are useless. Know it sounds like I am fairly critical of the car, but it is just that a few little things are marring the comfort of a great sports/luxury car that is great fun to drive! Now if only they had offered the Corvette version of this motor, at least the forged pistons and stronger rods to facilitate safe power upgrades!"

Love my 4 door Vette

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun, good looks, and comfort"

Cons: "Buy a good radar detector!!!"

"I have owned over 30 different cars in my lifetime, anything from a 65 Vette to and Audi A8 and this is my overall favorite! It has the comfort of a Cadillac, and the sportiness of a Vette. The backseat holds a baby seat and room enough for my 6 foot teenager with comfort. Sometimes we have had 2 adults and the babyseat squeezed in for short rides. Gas mileage is about 14 mpg around town and up to 22 mpg on the highway. Not alot of cars out there that can hang with it, including Ferrari's and BMW's."

was ok

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "always gets me there"

Cons: "Bose sound system, dashboard rattles"

"The car itself besides the squeaks was good. The dealer could never fix the back speaker. It rattles to this day and I dont even turn it up beyond 1/4 volume. Im kind of disappointed with the quality overall but mechanically its been great."

Very good vehicle, drives well and hasn't been sho

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Fund to drive, holds the road in the mountains."

Cons: "MPG low, GPS hard to use, and a little pricey."

"It drives well in the mountains. Has adequate power. the accessories fit into the interior well and the use of most is intuitive. I like its appearance on the street. The gas mileage is low (20 at best) and the GPS is harder to use than the commercial competitors. Reliable; It hasn't been to the shop (My husband's favorite feature)."

Love the CTS

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Best car on the market for the price"

I love my car.

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Good size car and handles well"

Cons: "Trunks a little small"

"This is my forth new car and i have to say i used to love my volvo s70 then I had the DTS and now I have the CTS and I love the way it handles.."

STUNNING EYE CATCHER! CLASSY AND SPORTY ALL IN ONE

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

"WHEN DOING COMPARISONS, THE CTS COUPE COST LESS THAN THE NEW SS CAMARO. IT HANDLES WONDERFUL ON THE NORTH GEORGIA ROADS, AND GREAT ON HIGHWAY TRIPS. IT HAS GREAT ACCELERATION AND HANDELING. THE BOSE SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL, AND THE ROOF WINDOW MAKES IT SEEM LIKE A RAG TOP. OVERALL TOOK THE CTS FOR THE BACK SEAT AND THE EASE OF GETTING IN AND OUT. HOWEVER, NO ONE OVER 5'8" CAN SIT WITH EASE IN THE BACK DUE TO LOW HEAD CLEARANCE. ALSO WHEN A PERSON THINKS OF CADILLAC YOU THINK OF BIG TRUNKS...NO SO MUCH... THE LID HINGES PROHIBIT HEIGHT AND WIDTH OF ARTICLES. HOWEVER THE CLUBS FIT IN GREAT!"