2008 Cadillac CTS

Based on 331 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Smooth as Silk

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"This 2008 CTS is not the caddy your grand dad drove. It is sporty has a great Tech package and the ride is as smooth as any car you've driven. I like it better than my Jag."

Much better than the Caddies I've previously owned

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Very fun to drive, great suspension and brakes."

Cons: "Hard to keep it at the speed limit. Smallish trunk"

"The handling of this car really is incredible. Before starting a family, I owned a few Caddies. Sure, they were comfortable. But they were boring to drive. My kids are older now and it was time to find that luxury sports sedan. I looked at the competition and found the CTS was very comparable. So why the CTS. All other things being near equal, there was the price. The CTS was lower in price. That and the fact servicing is more convenient. Where I live, the nearest Audi, BMW, and Mercedes dealerships are quite a drive. But most every town has a GM dealership. In the eight months I've had this car, I've had no problems with it. It makes me want to find the most exciting route to my destination rather than the quickest route. There are only a few negatives that I can think of. Trunk space is limited, but that's common in this class. The back seats are a little cramped, but still good for long trips. My last complaint didn't even involve the car itself. It was XM radio that was the disappointment. It never came through as stereo sound so when the trial ended, I didn't sign up for it."

Exterior/Interior Styling are unmatched!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Best looking and driving sports sedan."

Cons: "DI 3.6 liter engine ticking noise."

"I purchased my 2009 CTS 3.6 L, 6-Speed Manual Sports Sedan in February 2010. I fell in love with its interior and exterior features upon first sight before the car even went into production. I personally worked on the CTS Team that helped launch the car. I also loved the idea of driving a true sports sedan: 3.6 liter engine with a 6-speed manual transmission. I live in South Carolina and flew to Pennsylvania to purchase the car. At time of purchase I did not not notice the ticking sound the engine made. I took it to my local dealership to find out why my new had this ticking noise. The technician explained that the new DI engines made this noise and my engine was perfectly fine. I was happy to find out nothing was wrong with my car, but certainly disappointed to find out that the whimpy noise was something I would have to live with. Now, if you own a car with that much power, you want it to sound mean. How embarrassing. I've heard two cylinder engines with better sound. I sure wish GM would come out with an after market fix for that. I rated the quality a 9 and comfort/convenience an 8. The car's interior has a gap issue on console where wood trim hockey stick meets centerstack. Seats are not comfortable. The cabin is cramped, but it does lend to the sports car feel. The console storage compartment is a little small. I give the car a 9 out of 10 overall. It is one of the best looking cars on the road, even compared to the BMW 5 Series, Infinite G (I test drove those before purchasing the CTS)."

Great car overall.

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, fun to drive"

Cons: "4 way flasher switch not where I expect to find it"

Red Jewel tintcoat beauty!

"Unique, versatile, sporty wagon with awd.Doesn't have the disadvantages of an suv. Attracts a lot of attention. Great all weather highway car. I have owned the car since new and certainly would do it again. Best vehicle I have ever owned."

Red Jewel tintcoat beauty!

Love this car