2007 Cadillac CTS

Based on 487 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Nice vehicle!

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

"This car (cadillac) is the first I have ever owned. The style of it is sporty but also has a luxury look and feel. It drives very nice and smooth. The quality of this car is superb. I would recommend this vehicle! I have enjoyed this car. It gets about 23mpg in city. I would not recommend the model that carries the north or north star motor--heard bad reports on it.Hope this helps."

Cadillac CTS 2003 Fun Car to own and drive!

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fast, fun, and very comfortable!"

Cons: "Value covers, rear window regulators"

"Bought this car 5 years ago with 82,000 miles on it. Other than rear window regulators and both right and left Valve cover gaskets replaced at dealership at $500 for each side and right side brake caliber $180 nothing but regular oil changes and 90,000 at dealership nothing but very fun driving. I am a 65 year old lady and love this car dearly... Anyone who wants a fast luxury car would dearly love a Cadillac CTS or the new ATS... So awesome and comfortable to drive! I now have 110,700 (As of 3-8-13) miles on it and runs like new. A 3.2 engine in it. Excellent gas mileage for so much car I might add!"

Very difficult to pump gasoline

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "rear panel fell off and I have seen many without i"

"otherwise I have been very happy with this car. It is still running after 296000miles"

best vehicle owned

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, uses regular gasoline"

Cons: "none i can find in 7 yrs of driving."

"developed from the european catera by opel, Gm built a teriffic car."

For the price - very disappointed

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Horrible workmanship, reliability"

"I love driving my CTS, but have had a myriad of issues with it. From brakes to emission sensors, drivetrain and general workmanship. Also, every time I take it in for repairs, it costs a fortune to fix. Most regular repair shops won't touch it - all they say is "take it to a Cadillac dealer"... I will never own one again. In fact, I will never own another GM product."

Tons of FUN !!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 04, 2010

"I have had several Ford Mustangs and a BMW M3 as far as sports cars go. Loved my Mustangs but as I got older I wanted more power and a nicer, more luxury style car. I had a couple CTS 6 cyclinders which are very nice but still didn't have the sound and power I wanted. My friend told me about the CTS-V so I had to have one. The new model is out of my price range so I bought a 2005 with 34K miles for 21 grand. It has a Corsa exhaust and K & N cold air intake installed. Man is this a fun car to drive!!! The Corsa exhaust gives it that soud I have missed from my Mustangs. Rear wheel drive and 6 speed with about 420 hp and the luxury aspect combind makes this my favorite car I have ever had. Just a blast to drive and looks great. OF course being a Cadillac it is really hard to find after market parts and not a lot of mechanics now how to work on them. You also must understand at 5 years old and being a sports car you are going to pay for your fun over the long hall so be prepared. Your not going to get 30 miles per gallon or have an easy and cheap fix for just about any problem. To me it is worth it but if you want something more economical this is not your car. If you want speed, power and luxury then pick one of these bad boys up and enjoy...."

not recommended for tall people

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"My husband and I love the look inside and out of our CTS but we are currently in the market for a sedan that fits our needs better. First of all the CTS does not handle well in snow and ice at all, not that we get much extreme weather where we live, but we did get a couple weeks of snow and ice in December and we didn't trust the car with the rear wheel drive and depended on our truck until roads were clear. If you are over 5'8, there is not enough leg room in the passenger seat when a car seat is in use directly behind. The glove box curves toward your knees and sits too low making for a very uncomfortable ride. I have yet to find the lombard support (which is a must when you are pregnant.) If you live in a sunshine state and have no kids, this car is perfect. For taller folks with kids, I wouldn't recommend the CTS, but rather the STS for more leg room."

Overall enjoy this car a lot.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great looking, nice ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Winter driving with rear wheel is not fun.."

"This was a car I dreamed about for a long time. I finally was able to buy a low mileage one that was two years old when I bought it. In three out of the four seasons I LOVE, LOVE driving this car. Being rear wheel drive in the ice and snow it is like driving a pretty ice skate on wheels. I have found that if I keep 80-100lbs of kitty litter in the trunk during winter months it is easier to keep on the road. Being a the first time owning a nicer car I learned maintenance costs are something to consider - it is more to maintain this car - as it is with all nicer cars."

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"Bought this 2003 CTS used from someone who was buying from auctions, and wholesaling to the public. The car was PRISTINE when we bought it even though it had 77000 miles on it. The only problems we have had so far (102000 miles now) are simple parts such as door lock and trunk release, plus the multi-cd kept jamming up, and was replaced with a single cd unit. Otherwise the car has been a great, fun car to drive! I will buy another CTS when I am done with this one. I suspect that I will have this one for some time yet, since it has been very well maintained by the previous owner."

2nd CTS

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"My 2007 is my second (also leased a 2005) and I absolutely love it. I cant wait to drive the "long way". Although tough to find; recommend the manual which is the smoothest transmission ever!"

Great Improvement

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I purchased my 2004 CTS with 15,000 miles on it in 2005. I now have 95,000 miles on it and the vehicle has only required normal maintenance, nothing has required additional service. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven. The 3.6 litre is more than adequate for passing and spirited driving. It is my second Cadillac, there will be many more."

My favorite car to ever own.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"My Maxima used to be my favorite car, but my CTS beats it hand down. Fun to drive. Luxurious. Comfortable. Sweet car. Love it. NO problems with it ever (knock on wood) and I've had mine for years. Would definitely buy another one."

caddy owner for life

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "rear air bags create larger blindspots"

"We truly enjoyed owning this car! We had no problems in the 5 years owning the car, besides a couple recalls that were quickly fixed. We are currently looking for a new cts and would recommend test driving one, you will fall in love with the comfort and ride!"

I like this car, very smooth.

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Love how smooth she rides, great highway mileage. Heated leather seats, six disc changer navigation, power locks, and windows. Driver memory equipped, bose sound system, and much more."

4th year of ownership, been extremely reliable!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "reliability, low insurance costs, good fuel economy"

Cons: "interior door handles (rubber coating chipped away over the years)"

"Excellent vehicle, would recommend if you can find a good used one with low miles. Would definitely purchase another if I ever had to let this one go."

ELEGANT CAR

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"NOT AS QUIET OR AS STYLIST AS THE 2008 AND LATER MODELS--STILL A BEAUTIFUL CAR THAT RIDES WELL AND IS EASY ON YOUR BODY ON TRIPS-GOOD MILEAGE FOR SUCH A FAST, SPORTY CAR--ALSO OWNED A 2004 CTS-VERY SAFE-SAVED MY LIFE WHEN I ROLLED IT"

The CTS Rocks!

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"The Sport handling package includes Xenon HID headlights, and makes seeing at night much easier. Braking is the best, great turning radius, easy to park. Fit and finish seem perfect to me. Great power when needed, and if you are paying attention to your driving habits, mileage is fantastic too. Navigation, XM Radio, memory seats - my dream car. From a late 50's woman driver: This car is so much fun to drive there should almost be "a law against it"! I can't wait to get in it and drive every day. Corners like it's on rails - the most fun car I've had since my new 1974 260Z. Cadillac Certified 6 yr./100,000 mi. warranty is great, and I have the best dealer and service dept. No complaints at all about reliability at 23,000 mi. I wish I owned two!"

Great

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"For many years I thought the Caddi was just "My Fathers Car", but this one has changed my mind forever. Just love this car. A balance of style, comfort and performance. I was a "Jag" man but now I am chnging my nickname to Caddiman!"

Yeah baby

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Our '04 CTS is the best American car I've ever owned.6 cyl goes great.Handling is everything it should be.Interior is a little spartan but comfy for short or long hauls. Sound system does lack but I've never been a fan of Bose.Good brakes,great looks.Extraordinary value esp when purchased used."

Rock Solid!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Great car from the moment I drove it off the lot. Awesome acceleration and handling. Very comfortable. Invest in a good set of tires to reduce the road noise and improve the handling. Had some issues with the ignition key sensor. The integrated Bose sounds awesome, but lacks in its delivery of critical vehicle conditions. Don't rely on it to tell your when to change your oil and other fluids, use your head!"

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"I have to tell you that I have been nothing but dissapointed in my CTS, I bought an 2005 used and its been in the shop more times than I care to mention over little things that I would expect would be of better quaility being that it was a Cadillac."

2003 CTS

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"First edition CTS w/ sport package owned for 5+ years. Value: Particularly when taking into account the GM benefit card which can accrue up to $500 per year over 7 years before expiration. Reliability: Didn't expect it to be perfect, and it hasn't been, a couple of recalls, a couple of pump replacements (one not under warranty, but the dealer picked up the tab). Quality: Seems fine, again not perfect. Performance: Fast enough, not too fast, quick enough, not too quick, keeps me out of trouble. Hit the sport mode button and disengage the skid control system for fun. handling with rear drive is great, drives well on highways w/ undulation and/or curves, stays down on the road providing driver confidence, steering radius is fantastic. Styling: I liked it when I bought it, still think it's attractive. Comfort: A good balance of sport and comfort in my opinion. Fairly quiet except under acceleration when the engine is quite loud, I'd prefer stealth to match it's design. I like the flexibility of the split rear seat to accomodate three golfers and clubs. I always volunteer to drive. Overall: It's still fun to drive and I'll hang on to it until some young relative can afford the trade in value, and then I'll buy the next version w/ AWD. I'd buy it again for what it is, not for what it's not."

Who designed this car?

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I have the basic CTS with the 2.6 v6. I bought it new in 2002. It is an 03. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Let's see, sensors in 3 of the four wheel had to be replaced. The truck cover on the back up lights leaked, filled with water, had to be replaced. The left stop light quit working. The carbon covers on the headlights had to be replaced. Both rear windows fell into the doors and had to be replaced. The seat belt assembly on the drivers side had to be replaced. The analog clock was fifteen minutes slow for the first 4.5 years I owned it, even though it was worked on over and over. The battery went dead. The trunk pressurized supports had to be replaced. The motors computer module had to be replaced. Oh, did I mention the car ONLY HAS 40,000 miles on it. GM wonders why no one want to buy American. Kick out all the big 3 and start changing their factories over to the imports. As of 10/07 its going back in the shop, the engine is dieing at idle when I come to a stop at the red light. Being honked at is not a pleasure I look foward to"

M5 on a budget

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"So you think quality, sexy cars aren't built in America? Think again! Bold styling that you either love or hate, it may be, but GM can and do get it right! Want quality, awesome brute power with drivig poise and luxury to carry 5 at a realtively affordable price? This will be the the car for you. The V's discreet yet aggresive road presence, won't attract every State trooper so makes for the ultimate Q car. Put on stickier rubber and this car will outpace cars that would cost you more than 20-30K more. If you set your heart on the performance of an M5 or and AMG Mercedes do yourself a favor, test drive a CTS-V, you wont be disappointed."

Classy Car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I really do like my Cadillac...I own the 2.8 liter and changed the grill to the stainless one with the lower grill also...It made a world of difference to me because I did not like the look of the stock grill..I have had nothing but positive comments about the car and it is performing perfectly...I also added the after market sun roof so the car is a real looker..This 40 year old is having a great time in this awesome car... If you are thinking of buying one go for it. for $35,000 I could not have bought a classier looking car"