2005 Cadillac CTS

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

caddy owner for life

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "rear air bags create larger blindspots"

"We truly enjoyed owning this car! We had no problems in the 5 years owning the car, besides a couple recalls that were quickly fixed. We are currently looking for a new cts and would recommend test driving one, you will fall in love with the comfort and ride!"

I like this car, very smooth.

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Love how smooth she rides, great highway mileage. Heated leather seats, six disc changer navigation, power locks, and windows. Driver memory equipped, bose sound system, and much more."

4th year of ownership, been extremely reliable!

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pros: "reliability, low insurance costs, good fuel economy"

Cons: "interior door handles (rubber coating chipped away over the years)"

"Excellent vehicle, would recommend if you can find a good used one with low miles. Would definitely purchase another if I ever had to let this one go."

Very good reliable car.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great acceleration and handling."

Cons: "No mp3 plug."

"No mechancial problems during 5 years of ownership. The interior of the car could be a little plusher."

Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"A lot of little things go wrong with the CTS, battery (no after market) $150.00 at dealership. Turn signals, running lights burn out quicker that most vehicles, expensive to get replacements. Air bag lights comes on, caused by the seatbelt connection....$175.00 to repair and the list goes on. Nice car but repair bills are way over the top just because it has the Cadillac emblem on the front. Depriciated quicker than advised when I bought the car so I am unable to trade it without a lot of cash."

Really glad I bought a certified pre owned

By on Monday, October 4, 2010

"I bought a 2007 CTS in November of 2009. I've had the car now just under a year. In that time frame I have had both driver and passenger front seats stop working, driver side rear passenger door handle brake and the main engine wiring harness replaced do to corroded wires. Along with that the windshield washer hose that leads to the nozzles is probably one of the worst designs I have ever seen. The hose comes out of place on a regular basis. It runs up under the hood of the car and is simply pushed into place. My glove box broke as well. I suggest to anyone interested in buying a Cadillac to make sure it has a warranty that covers everything, such as a certified pre owned. I'm looking to trade mine in soon. Sad thing is that it only has 32,000 miles."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"When I bought my 2006 CTS, I was very excited. Unfortunately within the first 6mos, the rear dif went out (the first time) and I had to replace the tires. I was told then to count on replacing tires every 20000 miles regardless of what type of tires I put on because of the sport suspension. That has held true -- I'm constantly replacing tires. Also, it eats oil. I put in a quart every 500 miles or so. I was told that was normal for this car by the dealer. While I like the loaner car whenever I bring the CTS into the dealer, I would just as soon not have to be there so often. Just be aware that the cost of this car is high. I love the interior and sound system, but it's not enought to make up for the headaches."

great car... electrical system problems and gasket

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Great driving car; original owner. ordered it with a 5 speed manual. Freeway miles just roll by. Very comfortable to drive. However, electrical problems keep coming up. Power doors locks, display panel. GM at first kept replacing but washing hands of it now. Parts at time are hand to find. Main brake lines are no longer available( was redesigned six months into production). Had to replace a internal transmission gasket which was leaking and I was waiting in line with other CTS owners with the same problem."

The Beamer Killer

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"By now you've probably read the reviews and checked out the videos on YouTube. (You got to check out Cadillac CTS vs. Audi Quattro on BBC's "Top Gear"). I'm a former 325 owner (which I loved at the time) and have now had my '04 CTS for over 3 years. I purchased it slightly used from Carmax. I have 80k on it and still love driving it every day. Though the gearbox has been a bit clunky from day one, the entire vehicle has been very reliable and the performance never gets old. Remarkably the average mileage is over 20 for combined city/highway driving. Love the interior with the exception of the cheap buttons on the console...the plastic radio buttons tend to flake. And very tall people tend to look a bit scrunched up in the passengers seat. Also a small nuisance is the gas guage...if it indicates low, you need to stop and get gas within 25 miles or you'll be stuck on the side of the road (happened to me twice)! Overall, exhilerating driving experience and I still get complments all the time about it's sharp profile & performance even though this car is 5 years old now...and this with 2 baby chairs in the back!"

The CTS Rocks!

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"The Sport handling package includes Xenon HID headlights, and makes seeing at night much easier. Braking is the best, great turning radius, easy to park. Fit and finish seem perfect to me. Great power when needed, and if you are paying attention to your driving habits, mileage is fantastic too. Navigation, XM Radio, memory seats - my dream car. From a late 50's woman driver: This car is so much fun to drive there should almost be "a law against it"! I can't wait to get in it and drive every day. Corners like it's on rails - the most fun car I've had since my new 1974 260Z. Cadillac Certified 6 yr./100,000 mi. warranty is great, and I have the best dealer and service dept. No complaints at all about reliability at 23,000 mi. I wish I owned two!"