2004 Cadillac CTS

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Very difficult to pump gasoline

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "rear panel fell off and I have seen many without i"

"otherwise I have been very happy with this car. It is still running after 296000miles"

best vehicle owned

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, uses regular gasoline"

Cons: "none i can find in 7 yrs of driving."

"developed from the european catera by opel, Gm built a teriffic car."

Overall enjoy this car a lot.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great looking, nice ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Winter driving with rear wheel is not fun.."

"This was a car I dreamed about for a long time. I finally was able to buy a low mileage one that was two years old when I bought it. In three out of the four seasons I LOVE, LOVE driving this car. Being rear wheel drive in the ice and snow it is like driving a pretty ice skate on wheels. I have found that if I keep 80-100lbs of kitty litter in the trunk during winter months it is easier to keep on the road. Being a the first time owning a nicer car I learned maintenance costs are something to consider - it is more to maintain this car - as it is with all nicer cars."

Tons of FUN !!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 4, 2010

"I have had several Ford Mustangs and a BMW M3 as far as sports cars go. Loved my Mustangs but as I got older I wanted more power and a nicer, more luxury style car. I had a couple CTS 6 cyclinders which are very nice but still didn't have the sound and power I wanted. My friend told me about the CTS-V so I had to have one. The new model is out of my price range so I bought a 2005 with 34K miles for 21 grand. It has a Corsa exhaust and K & N cold air intake installed. Man is this a fun car to drive!!! The Corsa exhaust gives it that soud I have missed from my Mustangs. Rear wheel drive and 6 speed with about 420 hp and the luxury aspect combind makes this my favorite car I have ever had. Just a blast to drive and looks great. OF course being a Cadillac it is really hard to find after market parts and not a lot of mechanics now how to work on them. You also must understand at 5 years old and being a sports car you are going to pay for your fun over the long hall so be prepared. Your not going to get 30 miles per gallon or have an easy and cheap fix for just about any problem. To me it is worth it but if you want something more economical this is not your car. If you want speed, power and luxury then pick one of these bad boys up and enjoy...."

Sexy, fast and fun to drive.

By on Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful, sexy red, great looking car, fun to dri"

Cons: "A lot of power on slippery winter roads."

"This model has the corvette engine and she growls. So much fun to drive and a smooth ride. Currently has custom wheels, will sell with original wheels in case new owner wants to swap out. Boss exhaust system. Summer driver, rest of the time she is garaged. Very clean, beautiful car. Our dream car, selling because husband diagnosed with cancer and medical bills are killing us. Otherwise we planned on keeping her forever. 10 year old car with only 42,000 miles."

ELEGANT CAR

By on Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"NOT AS QUIET OR AS STYLIST AS THE 2008 AND LATER MODELS--STILL A BEAUTIFUL CAR THAT RIDES WELL AND IS EASY ON YOUR BODY ON TRIPS-GOOD MILEAGE FOR SUCH A FAST, SPORTY CAR--ALSO OWNED A 2004 CTS-VERY SAFE-SAVED MY LIFE WHEN I ROLLED IT"

not recommended for tall people

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"My husband and I love the look inside and out of our CTS but we are currently in the market for a sedan that fits our needs better. First of all the CTS does not handle well in snow and ice at all, not that we get much extreme weather where we live, but we did get a couple weeks of snow and ice in December and we didn't trust the car with the rear wheel drive and depended on our truck until roads were clear. If you are over 5'8, there is not enough leg room in the passenger seat when a car seat is in use directly behind. The glove box curves toward your knees and sits too low making for a very uncomfortable ride. I have yet to find the lombard support (which is a must when you are pregnant.) If you live in a sunshine state and have no kids, this car is perfect. For taller folks with kids, I wouldn't recommend the CTS, but rather the STS for more leg room."

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"I have to tell you that I have been nothing but dissapointed in my CTS, I bought an 2005 used and its been in the shop more times than I care to mention over little things that I would expect would be of better quaility being that it was a Cadillac."

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Bought this 2003 CTS used from someone who was buying from auctions, and wholesaling to the public. The car was PRISTINE when we bought it even though it had 77000 miles on it. The only problems we have had so far (102000 miles now) are simple parts such as door lock and trunk release, plus the multi-cd kept jamming up, and was replaced with a single cd unit. Otherwise the car has been a great, fun car to drive! I will buy another CTS when I am done with this one. I suspect that I will have this one for some time yet, since it has been very well maintained by the previous owner."

Yeah baby

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Our '04 CTS is the best American car I've ever owned.6 cyl goes great.Handling is everything it should be.Interior is a little spartan but comfy for short or long hauls. Sound system does lack but I've never been a fan of Bose.Good brakes,great looks.Extraordinary value esp when purchased used."

Great Improvement

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I purchased my 2004 CTS with 15,000 miles on it in 2005. I now have 95,000 miles on it and the vehicle has only required normal maintenance, nothing has required additional service. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven. The 3.6 litre is more than adequate for passing and spirited driving. It is my second Cadillac, there will be many more."

Rock Solid!

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Great car from the moment I drove it off the lot. Awesome acceleration and handling. Very comfortable. Invest in a good set of tires to reduce the road noise and improve the handling. Had some issues with the ignition key sensor. The integrated Bose sounds awesome, but lacks in its delivery of critical vehicle conditions. Don't rely on it to tell your when to change your oil and other fluids, use your head!"

2003 CTS

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"First edition CTS w/ sport package owned for 5+ years. Value: Particularly when taking into account the GM benefit card which can accrue up to $500 per year over 7 years before expiration. Reliability: Didn't expect it to be perfect, and it hasn't been, a couple of recalls, a couple of pump replacements (one not under warranty, but the dealer picked up the tab). Quality: Seems fine, again not perfect. Performance: Fast enough, not too fast, quick enough, not too quick, keeps me out of trouble. Hit the sport mode button and disengage the skid control system for fun. handling with rear drive is great, drives well on highways w/ undulation and/or curves, stays down on the road providing driver confidence, steering radius is fantastic. Styling: I liked it when I bought it, still think it's attractive. Comfort: A good balance of sport and comfort in my opinion. Fairly quiet except under acceleration when the engine is quite loud, I'd prefer stealth to match it's design. I like the flexibility of the split rear seat to accomodate three golfers and clubs. I always volunteer to drive. Overall: It's still fun to drive and I'll hang on to it until some young relative can afford the trade in value, and then I'll buy the next version w/ AWD. I'd buy it again for what it is, not for what it's not."

Classy Car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I really do like my Cadillac...I own the 2.8 liter and changed the grill to the stainless one with the lower grill also...It made a world of difference to me because I did not like the look of the stock grill..I have had nothing but positive comments about the car and it is performing perfectly...I also added the after market sun roof so the car is a real looker..This 40 year old is having a great time in this awesome car... If you are thinking of buying one go for it. for $35,000 I could not have bought a classier looking car"

I love my cts

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"I've had my CTS for about a year now (ive driven 25,000miles) and so far and I've enjoyed every minute. The handling is the best. Acceleration is better than you'd expect from 255hp. Seat is very comfortable (i'm 6'3) and everyone always wants me to drive. a few bad things would be the stock stereo is sub par. For example: the volume jumps from moderate to loud easily (1notch) and it does not look easy to replace with an aftermarket stereo. Sometimes i have to wait for the car to "boot up" to put down the windows. Other than that no problems. Other than maintenance, I've only had a bad battery a couple months back (no surprise), the water pump started to leak (replaced under warranty), and thats it so far. Still as smooth as when i bought it. Definitely recommended!"

iwanted this car for the styling

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"and the sexy looks but man the cost of repairs is high dollar but it is a caddy so if your not happy with the cost buy a ford or chevy course anymore they are all costly to fix but as far as my cts love it its a blast to take a cruise in short or long"

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, April 5, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, power, looks"

Cons: "Too low to the ground if you have back/hip problem"

"I always wanted a Cadillac so in 2006 I bought my very first one, a CTS Hi Feature. What an excellent choice! I've never had the first minute's trouble with this car except for replacing my blinker light twice. Other than the normal oil changes, scheduled maintenance and tire replacement, I've had no additional expense with my car. Sadly, with two hip replacements, it's time to move to something that's a little easier to get in and out of. I have a list of folks in our area that have stopped me and said, "When you sell your car, give me a call." It's a very classy looking car and appeals to young people so I should have no problem at all selling it."

Has been a Great car!!!!!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable. Low upkeep."

"I have owned this car for seven years. Have not had one problem with this vehicle. Love it. Going to keep it."

My favorite car to ever own.

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

"My Maxima used to be my favorite car, but my CTS beats it hand down. Fun to drive. Luxurious. Comfortable. Sweet car. Love it. NO problems with it ever (knock on wood) and I've had mine for years. Would definitely buy another one."

A sports car, but luxurious too

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Lots of power and get up and go"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I really enjoy driving this car. I had a BMW 740IL before this and like the lighter car that still has tons of power and is very quick off the stop and handles well at speed. Very comfortable for city driving and quiet. I have had no problems to speak of in 100,000 miles. Cadillac fixed it up some at the end of the warranty and I am thinking I will just keep going...."

caddy owner for life

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "rear air bags create larger blindspots"

"We truly enjoyed owning this car! We had no problems in the 5 years owning the car, besides a couple recalls that were quickly fixed. We are currently looking for a new cts and would recommend test driving one, you will fall in love with the comfort and ride!"

I like this car, very smooth.

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Love how smooth she rides, great highway mileage. Heated leather seats, six disc changer navigation, power locks, and windows. Driver memory equipped, bose sound system, and much more."

4th year of ownership, been extremely reliable!

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pros: "reliability, low insurance costs, good fuel economy"

Cons: "interior door handles (rubber coating chipped away over the years)"

"Excellent vehicle, would recommend if you can find a good used one with low miles. Would definitely purchase another if I ever had to let this one go."

Very good reliable car.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great acceleration and handling."

Cons: "No mp3 plug."

"No mechancial problems during 5 years of ownership. The interior of the car could be a little plusher."

Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"A lot of little things go wrong with the CTS, battery (no after market) $150.00 at dealership. Turn signals, running lights burn out quicker that most vehicles, expensive to get replacements. Air bag lights comes on, caused by the seatbelt connection....$175.00 to repair and the list goes on. Nice car but repair bills are way over the top just because it has the Cadillac emblem on the front. Depriciated quicker than advised when I bought the car so I am unable to trade it without a lot of cash."