2004 Cadillac CTS

Based on 489 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"I have to tell you that I have been nothing but dissapointed in my CTS, I bought an 2005 used and its been in the shop more times than I care to mention over little things that I would expect would be of better quaility being that it was a Cadillac."

2003 CTS

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"First edition CTS w/ sport package owned for 5+ years. Value: Particularly when taking into account the GM benefit card which can accrue up to $500 per year over 7 years before expiration. Reliability: Didn't expect it to be perfect, and it hasn't been, a couple of recalls, a couple of pump replacements (one not under warranty, but the dealer picked up the tab). Quality: Seems fine, again not perfect. Performance: Fast enough, not too fast, quick enough, not too quick, keeps me out of trouble. Hit the sport mode button and disengage the skid control system for fun. handling with rear drive is great, drives well on highways w/ undulation and/or curves, stays down on the road providing driver confidence, steering radius is fantastic. Styling: I liked it when I bought it, still think it's attractive. Comfort: A good balance of sport and comfort in my opinion. Fairly quiet except under acceleration when the engine is quite loud, I'd prefer stealth to match it's design. I like the flexibility of the split rear seat to accomodate three golfers and clubs. I always volunteer to drive. Overall: It's still fun to drive and I'll hang on to it until some young relative can afford the trade in value, and then I'll buy the next version w/ AWD. I'd buy it again for what it is, not for what it's not."

Who designed this car?

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I have the basic CTS with the 2.6 v6. I bought it new in 2002. It is an 03. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Let's see, sensors in 3 of the four wheel had to be replaced. The truck cover on the back up lights leaked, filled with water, had to be replaced. The left stop light quit working. The carbon covers on the headlights had to be replaced. Both rear windows fell into the doors and had to be replaced. The seat belt assembly on the drivers side had to be replaced. The analog clock was fifteen minutes slow for the first 4.5 years I owned it, even though it was worked on over and over. The battery went dead. The trunk pressurized supports had to be replaced. The motors computer module had to be replaced. Oh, did I mention the car ONLY HAS 40,000 miles on it. GM wonders why no one want to buy American. Kick out all the big 3 and start changing their factories over to the imports. As of 10/07 its going back in the shop, the engine is dieing at idle when I come to a stop at the red light. Being honked at is not a pleasure I look foward to"

M5 on a budget

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"So you think quality, sexy cars aren't built in America? Think again! Bold styling that you either love or hate, it may be, but GM can and do get it right! Want quality, awesome brute power with drivig poise and luxury to carry 5 at a realtively affordable price? This will be the the car for you. The V's discreet yet aggresive road presence, won't attract every State trooper so makes for the ultimate Q car. Put on stickier rubber and this car will outpace cars that would cost you more than 20-30K more. If you set your heart on the performance of an M5 or and AMG Mercedes do yourself a favor, test drive a CTS-V, you wont be disappointed."

Classy Car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I really do like my Cadillac...I own the 2.8 liter and changed the grill to the stainless one with the lower grill also...It made a world of difference to me because I did not like the look of the stock grill..I have had nothing but positive comments about the car and it is performing perfectly...I also added the after market sun roof so the car is a real looker..This 40 year old is having a great time in this awesome car... If you are thinking of buying one go for it. for $35,000 I could not have bought a classier looking car"

I love my cts

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I've had my CTS for about a year now (ive driven 25,000miles) and so far and I've enjoyed every minute. The handling is the best. Acceleration is better than you'd expect from 255hp. Seat is very comfortable (i'm 6'3) and everyone always wants me to drive. a few bad things would be the stock stereo is sub par. For example: the volume jumps from moderate to loud easily (1notch) and it does not look easy to replace with an aftermarket stereo. Sometimes i have to wait for the car to "boot up" to put down the windows. Other than that no problems. Other than maintenance, I've only had a bad battery a couple months back (no surprise), the water pump started to leak (replaced under warranty), and thats it so far. Still as smooth as when i bought it. Definitely recommended!"

iwanted this car for the styling

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"and the sexy looks but man the cost of repairs is high dollar but it is a caddy so if your not happy with the cost buy a ford or chevy course anymore they are all costly to fix but as far as my cts love it its a blast to take a cruise in short or long"

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, power, looks"

Cons: "Too low to the ground if you have back/hip problem"

"I always wanted a Cadillac so in 2006 I bought my very first one, a CTS Hi Feature. What an excellent choice! I've never had the first minute's trouble with this car except for replacing my blinker light twice. Other than the normal oil changes, scheduled maintenance and tire replacement, I've had no additional expense with my car. Sadly, with two hip replacements, it's time to move to something that's a little easier to get in and out of. I have a list of folks in our area that have stopped me and said, "When you sell your car, give me a call." It's a very classy looking car and appeals to young people so I should have no problem at all selling it."

Has been a Great car!!!!!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable. Low upkeep."

"I have owned this car for seven years. Have not had one problem with this vehicle. Love it. Going to keep it."

A sports car, but luxurious too

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Lots of power and get up and go"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I really enjoy driving this car. I had a BMW 740IL before this and like the lighter car that still has tons of power and is very quick off the stop and handles well at speed. Very comfortable for city driving and quiet. I have had no problems to speak of in 100,000 miles. Cadillac fixed it up some at the end of the warranty and I am thinking I will just keep going...."