2004 Cadillac CTS

Based on 489 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I love my cts

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I've had my CTS for about a year now (ive driven 25,000miles) and so far and I've enjoyed every minute. The handling is the best. Acceleration is better than you'd expect from 255hp. Seat is very comfortable (i'm 6'3) and everyone always wants me to drive. a few bad things would be the stock stereo is sub par. For example: the volume jumps from moderate to loud easily (1notch) and it does not look easy to replace with an aftermarket stereo. Sometimes i have to wait for the car to "boot up" to put down the windows. Other than that no problems. Other than maintenance, I've only had a bad battery a couple months back (no surprise), the water pump started to leak (replaced under warranty), and thats it so far. Still as smooth as when i bought it. Definitely recommended!"

iwanted this car for the styling

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"and the sexy looks but man the cost of repairs is high dollar but it is a caddy so if your not happy with the cost buy a ford or chevy course anymore they are all costly to fix but as far as my cts love it its a blast to take a cruise in short or long"

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, power, looks"

Cons: "Too low to the ground if you have back/hip problem"

"I always wanted a Cadillac so in 2006 I bought my very first one, a CTS Hi Feature. What an excellent choice! I've never had the first minute's trouble with this car except for replacing my blinker light twice. Other than the normal oil changes, scheduled maintenance and tire replacement, I've had no additional expense with my car. Sadly, with two hip replacements, it's time to move to something that's a little easier to get in and out of. I have a list of folks in our area that have stopped me and said, "When you sell your car, give me a call." It's a very classy looking car and appeals to young people so I should have no problem at all selling it."

Has been a Great car!!!!!

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable. Low upkeep."

"I have owned this car for seven years. Have not had one problem with this vehicle. Love it. Going to keep it."

A sports car, but luxurious too

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Lots of power and get up and go"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I really enjoy driving this car. I had a BMW 740IL before this and like the lighter car that still has tons of power and is very quick off the stop and handles well at speed. Very comfortable for city driving and quiet. I have had no problems to speak of in 100,000 miles. Cadillac fixed it up some at the end of the warranty and I am thinking I will just keep going...."

Very good reliable car.

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great acceleration and handling."

Cons: "No mp3 plug."

"No mechancial problems during 5 years of ownership. The interior of the car could be a little plusher."

Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"A lot of little things go wrong with the CTS, battery (no after market) $150.00 at dealership. Turn signals, running lights burn out quicker that most vehicles, expensive to get replacements. Air bag lights comes on, caused by the seatbelt connection....$175.00 to repair and the list goes on. Nice car but repair bills are way over the top just because it has the Cadillac emblem on the front. Depriciated quicker than advised when I bought the car so I am unable to trade it without a lot of cash."

Really glad I bought a certified pre owned

By on Monday, October 04, 2010

"I bought a 2007 CTS in November of 2009. I've had the car now just under a year. In that time frame I have had both driver and passenger front seats stop working, driver side rear passenger door handle brake and the main engine wiring harness replaced do to corroded wires. Along with that the windshield washer hose that leads to the nozzles is probably one of the worst designs I have ever seen. The hose comes out of place on a regular basis. It runs up under the hood of the car and is simply pushed into place. My glove box broke as well. I suggest to anyone interested in buying a Cadillac to make sure it has a warranty that covers everything, such as a certified pre owned. I'm looking to trade mine in soon. Sad thing is that it only has 32,000 miles."

Worst Cadillac of 9!

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"I purchased a GM Certified used 2007 CTS 4 months ago with 15500 miles from a local Cadillac dealership. I would trade it today if I wouldn't loose my tail! I had the car 2 weeks and the car started chugging,the torque converter was replaced. The windshield trim was warping at the same time and it was replaced. I took the car back 3 weeks ago because the car was chugging again. This time I was told, it is operating normal. Also, the windshield trim has deteriorated again and needed replaced, as well as the passenger door handle ( nationwide back order). This is the worst Cadillac that I have ever had! I have had 8 prior to this one. I traded a 2004 Deville for this CTS and I wish that I had it back. I would not suggest to anyone that they purchase a CTS. A nice looking car,but built cheap!"

Disappointed

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"When I bought my 2006 CTS, I was very excited. Unfortunately within the first 6mos, the rear dif went out (the first time) and I had to replace the tires. I was told then to count on replacing tires every 20000 miles regardless of what type of tires I put on because of the sport suspension. That has held true -- I'm constantly replacing tires. Also, it eats oil. I put in a quart every 500 miles or so. I was told that was normal for this car by the dealer. While I like the loaner car whenever I bring the CTS into the dealer, I would just as soon not have to be there so often. Just be aware that the cost of this car is high. I love the interior and sound system, but it's not enought to make up for the headaches."

great car... electrical system problems and gasket

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Great driving car; original owner. ordered it with a 5 speed manual. Freeway miles just roll by. Very comfortable to drive. However, electrical problems keep coming up. Power doors locks, display panel. GM at first kept replacing but washing hands of it now. Parts at time are hand to find. Main brake lines are no longer available( was redesigned six months into production). Had to replace a internal transmission gasket which was leaking and I was waiting in line with other CTS owners with the same problem."

The Beamer Killer

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"By now you've probably read the reviews and checked out the videos on YouTube. (You got to check out Cadillac CTS vs. Audi Quattro on BBC's "Top Gear"). I'm a former 325 owner (which I loved at the time) and have now had my '04 CTS for over 3 years. I purchased it slightly used from Carmax. I have 80k on it and still love driving it every day. Though the gearbox has been a bit clunky from day one, the entire vehicle has been very reliable and the performance never gets old. Remarkably the average mileage is over 20 for combined city/highway driving. Love the interior with the exception of the cheap buttons on the console...the plastic radio buttons tend to flake. And very tall people tend to look a bit scrunched up in the passengers seat. Also a small nuisance is the gas guage...if it indicates low, you need to stop and get gas within 25 miles or you'll be stuck on the side of the road (happened to me twice)! Overall, exhilerating driving experience and I still get complments all the time about it's sharp profile & performance even though this car is 5 years old now...and this with 2 baby chairs in the back!"

worth the value

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"style,comfort, smooth acceleration all in one."

Great car

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"Owned the 2005 for 2 years great car. The 3.6 liter with sports package. Gets a little light on the tailend when pushing it but stablitrac kicks in. Great ride, flys when you want to. Handles good.(like I said the tail gets light) I get about 18 MPG mostly city so I am saying goobye to a great car. Milage is good for a car like this 25 hwy 18 around town. Never had any issue with the car just change the mobil one oil when it's due and it will treat you right. Oh well back to an econo box for me Just need better milage these days."

CTS 3.6L 18"wheel sport appearance pkg

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"My car is now 2 years old with 36,000 miles. 85% highway mileage. Just now replacing the original Bridgestone Potenza 225/50ZR 18 tires. Oil change about every 12,000 miles. Zero repairs. No paint chips on Raven Black finish. Bose sound system great. 27+ miles to the gallon if I keep it at 68 MPH on the cruise control ( I slowed down to go green). Looks great with tail fin and 12 spoke chrome weel sport package. Hope Motor Trend 2007 selection of 2008 model as Car Of The Year will prop up my resale value."

Nice Car

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I purchased my used 2003 cts in 2006 with 69,000 miles on it for $12,000. It currently has 85,000 miles on it and I have not had to do any maintaince (other than oil changes) The handling is great the styling is nice (added 18" chrome rims big differance in looks) and it is comfortable. The power is adequate, the console display is somewhat frustrating. All in all very nice car and will purchase a used 2008 in a couple of more years,(let some one else take the hit on depreciation)"

Sooooo Fast

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"My 2005 CTS-V Is the fastest car I have ever owned. The car handles extremely well in a stiff racing fashion. I ditched the run flat tires at 5000 miles (well they were shot) as the rigid sidewalls made the ride bone jarring. It is still not a good family long distance cruiser but it is an absolute pleasure to drive. The cooling system is poor in Northern California so I would guess it would be a terminal fault in a hot climate. I love looking at the car and a run up the California coast on highway one is a peak driving experience. A good value in the 400 horsepower class of luxury sedans"

Great Little Cad

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"The only concern is the size for four people. The rear seat would be a "little" small for four "grown" adults. Other than that it is a great car; value; style, ride and on trips we get around 25-26 mpg."

great performance sedan

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"The CTS-V is a phenomenal piece of engineering from the cadillac division. My V will do the quarter mile in the 13.1's, but when it is cool it will go under the 13 second mark. It will outperform most "sports cars' and almost all euro sport sedans as well. What Cadillac has done is nothing short of an awesome feat, and they should be applauded for their tremendous effort. They combine elegance and performance, true performance, for a very reasonable price. I can't wait for the LS7 in the V....then it can sit by my '06 Z06 with it's own LS7"

2006 CTS

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"I've had the car for a month now and I love it to death. The ride is like driving on clouds and the 2.8L has enough get up and go to get the job done. I'm 6 "3" and I have enough leg room to keep me not feeling cramped. For right now, I have only possitive things to say about the car. Lets hope it stays that way."

By on Friday, April 06, 2007

Very reliable. Have had no major problems with it.

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Good car, love to drive it."

Cons: "Have no cons."

"I enjoy this car, it looks good, is easy to drive and it handles well. Plus it hasn't given me any major problems. any problems."

Luxury

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "nice riding"

Cons: "Air bag not operating"

"Right front airbag needs repair"

LOOKING TO BUY A NEW CAR ???

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "A SPORTS CAR AND LUXERY CAR COMBINED"

Cons: "MY WIFE WON'T LET ME DRVE IT."

"I WAS LOOKING TO BY A NEW CAR AND TRADE IN MY CADDY BUT TO BE HONEST I COULD NOT FIND ONE TO REPLACE IT. I'VE HAD IT FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NOHITHING GO WRONG. OIL CHANGE AND FILL UP THE TANK AND YOU READY TO GO. HANDLES GREAT IN SNOW, ICE AND RAIN. IT HUGS THE ROAD IN TURNS AND HAS GREAT EXCELLERATION. IT'S A SPORT CAR AND LUXERY CAR COMBINED. IF YOU NOTICE THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM ON THE ROAD AND THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF."

You Know It's a Cadillac !!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "every thing"

Cons: "Price"

"I love the CTS! it is truely a 30something's Cadillac. This is not your granddaddy's Cadillac. Sporty, fun to drive and a head turner. This is my first Cadillac and I was shocked at the status level it puts you in when you own a cadillac. Maintainance is more affordable than I thought."