2003 Cadillac CTS

Based on 484 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Nice vehicle!

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

"This car (cadillac) is the first I have ever owned. The style of it is sporty but also has a luxury look and feel. It drives very nice and smooth. The quality of this car is superb. I would recommend this vehicle! I have enjoyed this car. It gets about 23mpg in city. I would not recommend the model that carries the north or north star motor--heard bad reports on it.Hope this helps."

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

"Great handling, and looks. Excellent quality. We have 70k on this car and have not replaced any brakes. just passed inspection again, no problems. never had a car that had brakes that lasted this long. Shop said they are still good. Ride a bit stiff, but crisp handling, road noise is a bit excessive. We also owned Toyotas, and this car has been even more reliable, than our camrys. Decent mileage and good pickup"

Cadillac CTS 2003 Fun Car to own and drive!

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Fast, fun, and very comfortable!"

Cons: "Value covers, rear window regulators"

"Bought this car 5 years ago with 82,000 miles on it. Other than rear window regulators and both right and left Valve cover gaskets replaced at dealership at $500 for each side and right side brake caliber $180 nothing but regular oil changes and 90,000 at dealership nothing but very fun driving. I am a 65 year old lady and love this car dearly... Anyone who wants a fast luxury car would dearly love a Cadillac CTS or the new ATS... So awesome and comfortable to drive! I now have 110,700 (As of 3-8-13) miles on it and runs like new. A 3.2 engine in it. Excellent gas mileage for so much car I might add!"

I Love This Car, and My Wife Does Too!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2008

"We bought this 2003 CTS 3.2 L used with 77000 miles on it. It looked PERFECT, and had been well kept. The price was right (13500), and the guy I bought it from told me it didn't have any special options. Little did he know it has ALL the options. 6 changer CD, Sport Suspension, F/R side air bags, antiskid, on and on. This car was loaded with nearly every option available, so for the price I paid, it was a good one. There are only 2 or 3 complaints that I have about the car. First the 6 disk CD always gets locked up, and needs to be repaired (4 or 5 times now), and the rear axle whines slightly. However, I can overlook all the flaws, because this car is AWESOME!!! My grandkids LOVE this car, and every time I drive it, I get thumbs up! I love the handling, and the turning radius. I have never had a car that turns this tight. When I bought it the outside tie rod ends had to be replaced, and I found that the right front rim had been split. I suspect that the right front wheel hit a curb or something at high speed, because it had to be realigned, and the tie rod ends replaced as a result. It now drives and rides great. I get a thrill everytime I drive this car. The car is actually my wifes car, because she had always wanted a CTS. She simply LOVES it. Other than the few problems we have had with the vehicle described above, the reliability has been awesome. I would recommend this car to anyone. The other day I was making a turn where 3 kids on skateboards were walking across the street, and they were just stunned by the good looks of this car, and gave me the thumbs up as I drove by. People just love my raven black CTS with Chrome stock rims (the rims were aftermarket chromed, since the original are just painted aluminum) that I bought off E-Bay for $500.00 exchange. This car is simply stunning!"

Because of age & depreciation want to trade in

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent car in all respects"

Cons: "Never any problems except installled a new battery"

"Car is just like new no visible damage or otherwise. All excellent condition & always garaged. Service as required at all times."

Cushy ride, Excellent sound from stereo

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"I owned this car from 35000 miles to where it currently has 102000. Things that have had to be fixed are, it was doing a little surge thing at lower speeds that they called chuggling at the dealership and they replaced the torque convertor under warranty to fix it. This car has a box of some sort instead of a pcv valve for crankcase ventilation, mine froze shut on a real cold day and caused extreme pressurizing of the engine and blew out my valve cover gaskets to where oil poured down both sides of the engine. The only other things are the crankshaft position sensor typically goes out between 70k to 90k miles, and I had to replace a coil pack at 100000 miles. Thats it, otherwise, loved the car!"

Great Car for us

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Never considered myself a Cadillac guy before we bought the CTS. Unique styling attracted us-different than anything else on the road. Great turning radius and fun to drive. Has been a very good choice for us and has been very reliable. We would definitely consider replacing this car someday with another CTS or maybe an STS."

Wonderful Car!

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"I've had my Caddy for a little over a year now and, usually, you can tell a lot about a vehicle during the first year/first 10,000 miles. I have to say, mechanically, this car has caused absolutely no problems and, as far as the interior is concerned, the leather is gorgeous and the styling is wonderful. My only complaint would be the fuel efficiency since I drive the manual version and live in a city, but highway mileage is surprisingly acceptable (about 24mpg). I'd definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone who's looking for an affordable, reliable luxury sedan!"

Very difficult to pump gasoline

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and comfortable"

Cons: "rear panel fell off and I have seen many without i"

"otherwise I have been very happy with this car. It is still running after 296000miles"

best vehicle owned

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, uses regular gasoline"

Cons: "none i can find in 7 yrs of driving."

"developed from the european catera by opel, Gm built a teriffic car."

fun car to throw around

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "cornering,power,style,braking,hid lights"

Cons: "little hard to get in and out of,"

"this sporty 3.6 cts is surprising to drive,i have a seville and a deville with the northstar engines,this car will keep up with the v-8 if not beet them in performance,i love my northstar engines but i will say that this car has me loving the v-6 now.this car has the easiest oil filter to access for oil changes also."

For the price - very disappointed

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Horrible workmanship, reliability"

"I love driving my CTS, but have had a myriad of issues with it. From brakes to emission sensors, drivetrain and general workmanship. Also, every time I take it in for repairs, it costs a fortune to fix. Most regular repair shops won't touch it - all they say is "take it to a Cadillac dealer"... I will never own one again. In fact, I will never own another GM product."

Tons of FUN !!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 04, 2010

"I have had several Ford Mustangs and a BMW M3 as far as sports cars go. Loved my Mustangs but as I got older I wanted more power and a nicer, more luxury style car. I had a couple CTS 6 cyclinders which are very nice but still didn't have the sound and power I wanted. My friend told me about the CTS-V so I had to have one. The new model is out of my price range so I bought a 2005 with 34K miles for 21 grand. It has a Corsa exhaust and K & N cold air intake installed. Man is this a fun car to drive!!! The Corsa exhaust gives it that soud I have missed from my Mustangs. Rear wheel drive and 6 speed with about 420 hp and the luxury aspect combind makes this my favorite car I have ever had. Just a blast to drive and looks great. OF course being a Cadillac it is really hard to find after market parts and not a lot of mechanics now how to work on them. You also must understand at 5 years old and being a sports car you are going to pay for your fun over the long hall so be prepared. Your not going to get 30 miles per gallon or have an easy and cheap fix for just about any problem. To me it is worth it but if you want something more economical this is not your car. If you want speed, power and luxury then pick one of these bad boys up and enjoy...."

not recommended for tall people

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"My husband and I love the look inside and out of our CTS but we are currently in the market for a sedan that fits our needs better. First of all the CTS does not handle well in snow and ice at all, not that we get much extreme weather where we live, but we did get a couple weeks of snow and ice in December and we didn't trust the car with the rear wheel drive and depended on our truck until roads were clear. If you are over 5'8, there is not enough leg room in the passenger seat when a car seat is in use directly behind. The glove box curves toward your knees and sits too low making for a very uncomfortable ride. I have yet to find the lombard support (which is a must when you are pregnant.) If you live in a sunshine state and have no kids, this car is perfect. For taller folks with kids, I wouldn't recommend the CTS, but rather the STS for more leg room."

Overall enjoy this car a lot.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great looking, nice ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "Winter driving with rear wheel is not fun.."

"This was a car I dreamed about for a long time. I finally was able to buy a low mileage one that was two years old when I bought it. In three out of the four seasons I LOVE, LOVE driving this car. Being rear wheel drive in the ice and snow it is like driving a pretty ice skate on wheels. I have found that if I keep 80-100lbs of kitty litter in the trunk during winter months it is easier to keep on the road. Being a the first time owning a nicer car I learned maintenance costs are something to consider - it is more to maintain this car - as it is with all nicer cars."

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"Bought this 2003 CTS used from someone who was buying from auctions, and wholesaling to the public. The car was PRISTINE when we bought it even though it had 77000 miles on it. The only problems we have had so far (102000 miles now) are simple parts such as door lock and trunk release, plus the multi-cd kept jamming up, and was replaced with a single cd unit. Otherwise the car has been a great, fun car to drive! I will buy another CTS when I am done with this one. I suspect that I will have this one for some time yet, since it has been very well maintained by the previous owner."

2nd CTS

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"My 2007 is my second (also leased a 2005) and I absolutely love it. I cant wait to drive the "long way". Although tough to find; recommend the manual which is the smoothest transmission ever!"

Great Improvement

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I purchased my 2004 CTS with 15,000 miles on it in 2005. I now have 95,000 miles on it and the vehicle has only required normal maintenance, nothing has required additional service. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever driven. The 3.6 litre is more than adequate for passing and spirited driving. It is my second Cadillac, there will be many more."

My favorite car to ever own.

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"My Maxima used to be my favorite car, but my CTS beats it hand down. Fun to drive. Luxurious. Comfortable. Sweet car. Love it. NO problems with it ever (knock on wood) and I've had mine for years. Would definitely buy another one."

caddy owner for life

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great ride, very comfortable"

Cons: "rear air bags create larger blindspots"

"We truly enjoyed owning this car! We had no problems in the 5 years owning the car, besides a couple recalls that were quickly fixed. We are currently looking for a new cts and would recommend test driving one, you will fall in love with the comfort and ride!"

I like this car, very smooth.

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Love how smooth she rides, great highway mileage. Heated leather seats, six disc changer navigation, power locks, and windows. Driver memory equipped, bose sound system, and much more."

4th year of ownership, been extremely reliable!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "reliability, low insurance costs, good fuel economy"

Cons: "interior door handles (rubber coating chipped away over the years)"

"Excellent vehicle, would recommend if you can find a good used one with low miles. Would definitely purchase another if I ever had to let this one go."

ELEGANT CAR

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"NOT AS QUIET OR AS STYLIST AS THE 2008 AND LATER MODELS--STILL A BEAUTIFUL CAR THAT RIDES WELL AND IS EASY ON YOUR BODY ON TRIPS-GOOD MILEAGE FOR SUCH A FAST, SPORTY CAR--ALSO OWNED A 2004 CTS-VERY SAFE-SAVED MY LIFE WHEN I ROLLED IT"

The CTS Rocks!

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"The Sport handling package includes Xenon HID headlights, and makes seeing at night much easier. Braking is the best, great turning radius, easy to park. Fit and finish seem perfect to me. Great power when needed, and if you are paying attention to your driving habits, mileage is fantastic too. Navigation, XM Radio, memory seats - my dream car. From a late 50's woman driver: This car is so much fun to drive there should almost be "a law against it"! I can't wait to get in it and drive every day. Corners like it's on rails - the most fun car I've had since my new 1974 260Z. Cadillac Certified 6 yr./100,000 mi. warranty is great, and I have the best dealer and service dept. No complaints at all about reliability at 23,000 mi. I wish I owned two!"

Great

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"For many years I thought the Caddi was just "My Fathers Car", but this one has changed my mind forever. Just love this car. A balance of style, comfort and performance. I was a "Jag" man but now I am chnging my nickname to Caddiman!"