2001 Cadillac Catera

5.8

Based on 228 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

6.0/10
    6.3/10
    5.9/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"I bought this car after using my mother's. Although earlier year models had a lot of problems, the 2001 has proven to be a great car -- a lot of bang for your buck!"

car with mf defects

By on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"this car was poorly manufactured the rear end gets out of align it runs warm unless the heat is on it often will leak fluid from the head or upper or lower intake this seems to be immpossible to fix even if you replace all the seals. the igntion coil box also will need replaced after 50000 mi and 75000 mi the rotors if replaced wont save you from getting brake pads every 15000 mi max"

One AMAZING car!!!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I have the 2000 Catera I bought it in 2002 with only 23k miles on it. Since then I have been all over the US. from coast to coast in the harsh winters with snow chains, to the middle of summer in the desert. The car has yet to ever let me down. Good power, decent gas millage, and very comfertable. My car now has 246,000K miles on it. Has never had more then a oil change, and tune ups ever done to it. Has to be the best car I ever owned!!!"

After the investment...

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"At first I thought this was a great car. Drove nice. Responded well. And if you get on the gas you get a fairly decent exhaust note. Then what everyone else wiser than I experienced already... Electronic Brake Control Unit (Controls Speedo tach, Traction Control, ABS) $1,400 for the unit, $100 install ; Power Steering pump and hoses over $1,000 ; Brakes front and rear $900 ; Fuel pump $873 ; Radiator Fan MOTOR $723 ; Engine cover gaskets and seals $1,800 ; Exhaust manifold gasket $670 ; Timing Belt, water pump, and tensioner pulley $1,530 ; brake light switch $30 (replaced myself) Aside from the repairs I do still like the styling. 4=way heated seats are awesome and friends get a kick out of it. Stereo is still remarkable with absolutely no problems to date. It has enough weight and just enough HP that pushing it right out of a turn will get you a nice Dukes of Hazard approach to driving. Good enough handling to take corners. Does great U-turns and quick ones to get you out of the way of oncoming traffic. Great stopping ability (if brakes in good condition). ABS on this car rocks though sometimes you feel like you are gliding on the ground. The gunshot sound of the ABS will tell you otherwise. Dual climate control is great though seldom used. The "leather" has managed to keep its shape with no tears or cracks at 80k. The chrome wheels still shine like no other despite the mild pitting or oxidation that has occured in limited amounts. The lift struts for the hood have failed also... cheap but rather worthless fix. Sunroof is absolutely leak free. Same with the trunk. Exhaust pipe is in outstanding condition. The motor will still rev nicely and deliver the same power it did nearly 3 years ago. My own emotion of hatred toward this car is because of the every 4 month cycle of dropping no less than $700 in a single repair. But if the car has had significant repairs, especially by the dealer and have been done right as they have been with my car, it should give you some peace of mind. There truly are lemons that fail over and over without limit, but if you are seriously considering this vehicle for purchase, check for receipts of repairs and dont be frightened by excess. If the vehicle has been heavily repaired, there's not much else that could go wrong with it aside from what you would expect for a 10 year old vehicle. The only thing you should stay away from is repeated failures."

Wish I could say someting positive...

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"I love this car. EXCEPT...it is totally a money pit. It breaks my heart to have to trade it in, but I can't afford to throw my money away on this vehicle constantly! I have an $1800 water leak under the intake that keeps shorting out my alternator, which has been replaced twice now. I have to plug it into the battery charger overnight so that it will start in the morning. I also have to carry around jumper cables and antifreeze and be prepared to ask total strangers for a jump. I have an electrical short that makes my TC light, check engine light, and other "dummy" lights stay on constantly. My power steering comes and goes, and my speedometer and odometer stopped working. NO ONE WILL WORK ON THIS CAR! I have had SEVERAL private mechanics turn me away. Positive things: luxurious leather, Bose system, power EVERYTHING, sun roof (it only shorts out occasionally...,) chrome wheels that shine so pretty....I loved this car, but I have to be practical. Wanna buy mine???"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Catera near Honolulu. See local deals