2000 Cadillac Catera

5.8

Based on 225 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

6.0/10
    6.3/10
    5.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10

Nothing but problems.

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, good handling."

Cons: "Reliability is awful. Expensive to repair. RWD."

"Oh, where to start. Hard to believe but I've owned my 1998 Catera for 10 years. This is a very heavy, safe car. Driving dynamics are good. It is agile considering the weight of the car. Engine performance is good, gas mileage is so-so. Comfortable car inside. Reliability is terrible. What can go wrong will go wrong. This car eats tires, brakes, and batteries. Electrical system is a mess. Numerous sensors had to be replaced at great cost. The last sensor that went out cost $850 to replace, mostly because half the engine had to be dismantled to get to it. Good luck finding a local garage able and willing to work on this car. It is not an easy car to work on or get parts for inexpensively. Last straw for me...transmission went out. I am done putting anymore money into this car. Going to the salvage yard."

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"This car is a beautiful, comfortable piece of junk. Looks great, but breaks down constantly with extremely high repair costs. If you ever even overhear a stranger saying they might buy a Catera, tell them DON'T DO IT! I finally got rid of mine- I couldn't even bring myself to sell it on my own because I felt too guilty to actually take money for it- I had to trade it in at the dealer for almost nothing, but frankly, that is what this car is worth."

don't buy one!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I've had this vehicle for about a year. After spending $600 for an O2 sensor nobody at cadillac warned me about the timing belts failing at about 60,000 miles...well at 62,000 on the highway with my young son..I found out! It ruined the engine. Parts are extremely expensive and this car is not reliable."

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"I bought this car after using my mother's. Although earlier year models had a lot of problems, the 2001 has proven to be a great car -- a lot of bang for your buck!"

Not so bad

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have a 2001 Blue Metallic Catera with 71466 miles, which I had for 4 years now. I have not had any major car problems besides wear and tear on the car. However, I take my car to the Cadillac dealership to get serviced such as oil change or standard repairs done. The dealership prices are pretty reasonable that I can afford the repairs. Overview, it is a good car to drive but it is a gas guzzler and the leg and head room in the back seat is kind of tight but I enjoy the car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Catera near Honolulu. See local deals