1998 Cadillac Catera

5.8

Based on 227 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

6.0/10
    6.3/10
    5.9/10
    6.8/10
    7.3/10

Great car!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"I bought this car after using my mother's. Although earlier year models had a lot of problems, the 2001 has proven to be a great car -- a lot of bang for your buck!"

Not so bad

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have a 2001 Blue Metallic Catera with 71466 miles, which I had for 4 years now. I have not had any major car problems besides wear and tear on the car. However, I take my car to the Cadillac dealership to get serviced such as oil change or standard repairs done. The dealership prices are pretty reasonable that I can afford the repairs. Overview, it is a good car to drive but it is a gas guzzler and the leg and head room in the back seat is kind of tight but I enjoy the car."

Overall good car, $$$ repairs$$

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought this car in 2002. I have a 2000. It is very comfortable outstanding sound package (with 1000 watt amp) it has 73,000. The warranty just expired. It is very expensive to fix, but it is a high-performance vehicle, and with that you do incurr expensises. It is made by Gm in Germany so the parts should not be so expensive, you would think. I would say if you dont have money set aside for repairs when the miles start getting up there, stay away. My car has alot of quirks, but I know them all. I also know how to keep my check engine light off. I pull the battery and if it comes right back on I go to Auto Zone and get a free OBD2 scan, and then I know, what to tell my mechanic, Iam also putting my mechanics kids through college from this car. lol Beware of costs! Lisa"

car with mf defects

By on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"this car was poorly manufactured the rear end gets out of align it runs warm unless the heat is on it often will leak fluid from the head or upper or lower intake this seems to be immpossible to fix even if you replace all the seals. the igntion coil box also will need replaced after 50000 mi and 75000 mi the rotors if replaced wont save you from getting brake pads every 15000 mi max"

One AMAZING car!!!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I have the 2000 Catera I bought it in 2002 with only 23k miles on it. Since then I have been all over the US. from coast to coast in the harsh winters with snow chains, to the middle of summer in the desert. The car has yet to ever let me down. Good power, decent gas millage, and very comfertable. My car now has 246,000K miles on it. Has never had more then a oil change, and tune ups ever done to it. Has to be the best car I ever owned!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Catera near Honolulu. See local deals