2014 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,609 - $32,500.

10/7.8

9.3

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    10.0/10

New kid on the block and it lives up to the hype

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good power, and insane handling"

Cons: "6 foot 2 buyer beware lol its a small sedan"

"Cadillac stepped up its game with this sporty little sedan. Moves like it weighs 500 lbs less than its "curb weight" It has a generation 3 ecotech, in less words, it's overbuilt and loves to eat the boost from the little twin scroll charger it has strapped to it, but don't let the word turbo scare you off, if you feel lag let me know because I don't. As for styling, I can say it feels like a cockpit but with more "stuff" cool touch screen and very few actual buttons. Pretty good gas mileage but I came from a gas guzzler so opinions may vary. Overall a great car and I'm happy to see Cadillac throw its hat back in the ring."

STAND OUT CAR

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"FIRST NORTH AMERICAN CAR FOR ME SINCE 1998 I RESEARCHED THIS CAR TO DEATH BEFORE MAKING MY FINAL DECISION. THE CLOSEST CAR TO THIS IN MY OPINION IS THE AUDI A4. AWESOME LEASE RATES AND GM INCENTIVES WAS ICING ON THE CAKE. THE FIT IN FINISH IS EXCELLENT, AND MY LEATHER SEATS IN THE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE ARE AMAZING OFFERING COMFORT AND STYLE. PUSH THIS CAR INTO ANY CORNER OR TAKE OFF FROM A TRAFFIC LIGHT IT MOVES YOU! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR WITHOUT AWD. MY 2L TURBO IS GIVING ME CITY/HIGHWAY COMBINED DRIVING OF 8.2L/100KM."

Glad I came back to an American brand

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Stellar quality & a true drivers car!"

Cons: "Gas mileage, CUE"

"I haven't purchased an American car since 1996 and during that time I have owned two BMWs, two Acuras, an Audi and a Lexus. I was hesitant about going with the Cadillac but I always said 'when America can build one that truly competes I will buy it'. After seeing the ATS beat the all time champ of sports sedans the 335i I knew I had to at least give it a look. After driving it I was hooked. It truly is a drivers car that equals or exceeds anything from Germany or Japan and that is something as an American I am proud of. Quality so far has been stellar. The only negative I can comment on is the gas mileage is not great and the CUE system is just a little cumbersome but other than that it is a fantastic car!"

Great sports sedan that beats a 3 series!

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, manual transmission, build quality"

Cons: "Small trunk, engine note"

"I have owned my ATS for approximately 6 months. During that time the car has proven itself as a capable performer in all areas. This car really succeeds in the handling department with firm, but not stiff, suspension and steering that is on par or better than class leaders. I have not seen any reviews that do the interior of this car justice. Cadillac has emphasized the hand sewn look of its interiors and every friend or family member compliments the modern look and material quality of the interior. Hard plastics are hard to come by on the inside of this car. My car is a base 2.0T with the manual transmission and that combination really offers one of the best driving experiences available and at a price lower than most competitors."

Love my ATS!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of nice features for the money,"

Cons: "Nothing so far.."

"I love the car. It's beautiful and fun to drive. My first Cadillac and it hasn't disappointed. The CUE infotainment system is absolutely awesome! A great alternative to the cookie cutter, dime-a-dozen BMWs."

Love my ATS!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of nice features for the money,"

Cons: "Nothing so far.."

Fun to drive

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Looks, performance, handling"

Cons: "CUE, back seat and trunk space"

"The ATS is a great handling car. The 3.6 engine provide plenty of power. We have the performance model so the ride is a little too stiff for my wife's liking but it is not all that bad. The only negative on the car is the back seat and trunk are rather cramped. Unless you travel with adults in the back frequently it shouldn't be a huge problem. One thing I didn't consider when purchasing was how tight the back seat would be with a baby seat installed for the grandkids. We have had zero problems with the ATS. If you drive the car frequently you will get used to the CUE however the occasional driver may have to retrain themselves each time in the car. If you like performance at a modest cost you should like the ATS."

ATS better than the rest!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Design. Cost, Quailty, Horsepower, Ride, Gadgets."

Cons: "Small backseats (same with all in class)."

"I owned a used CTS for years and loved it. Looked at BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus etc. The ATS is the clear winner. Better ride. Better engine (V-6 in mine). Better design. Better quality Less cost. The 321 Horsepower V-6 is almost scary off the line but the AWD and traction control keep it under control. The only negatives on this car are the smaller backseat, but that is true for all the other similar cars. The trunk is smaller but very functional."

Amazing car!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "A blast to drive!"

"This is my first Cadillac but it won't be my last. The handling is supreme and the 2.0 Turbo is lightening fast off the line. This car corners like it's on rails and the Brembo brakes are simply the best. I feel spoiled every time I get in....this is simply a beautiful car. The CUE system is the easiest and most user friendly system I have ever seen. Anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't know how to use it. And, last but not least, the price is excellent. Buy this one with no regrets!"

Minus CUE and racetrack tires, this is a great car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "handling, power, finish, braking"

Cons: "stiff ride; CUE, tires"

"quiet, plush interior. with 18" wheels (standard with premium trim) there's not much rubber between the chassis and road--expect to feel every little bump. handling is sublime. looking forward to hitting the pacific coast highway! it's a low-rider...good exercise for me (6'4") getting in and out of the vehicle. once in, somewhat snug sideways but very comfortable--plenty of head (without sunroof) and legroom for tall folks. fitting things in the glove compartment can be tricky if the (optional with lower trim) CD player is installed. it doesn't consume that much (of the already limited) volume but projects into space needed for arranging items. I have only a handgun and two cases for eyeglasses and I frequently have to rearrange them to get the door to close. I'm going to have the CD player removed. rear seats are suitable only for two short adults. fit and finish are superb. CUE cannot deal with even simple directory structures when reading solid-state media (unlike my $7 mp3 player!) or CD's. While this is no big deal per se, figuring it out has taken months of experimenting and working with the dealer...ridiculous! Caddy should at least inform owners (and dealers) of these kinds of limitations. This issue is not addressed in 2014 CUE. For music files on SD, USB, or CD, to be safe put individual files in the root directory, no subdirectories (folders). CUE does a fine--although slow--job of organizing the files if the mp3 tag data are present. The resource-intensive user interface plus so much unutilized potential puts CUE years behind today's standards. It's baffling and annoying, for another example, that date and time have to be manually set on a GPS-equipped vehicle. Cue on the whole is a little scary for me. It's distracting to do even simple things--I have to meticulously discipline myself to keep my attention on traffic while fiddling with it. After a few close calls I now just pull over to do most things rather than risk an accident. As of today I wouldn't buy another vehicle that is (2013-14) CUE equipped. I have not yet learned to fully utilize the voice capabilities of CUE (they are good except a little slow, and spotty when road-noise levels are high) and this could mitigate some of my issues. The rear tires that came on the vehicle--Bridgestone POTENZA RE050A 255/35RF18--were almost bald at 12K miles. I understand the ATS is intended to be sporty but...crikey! front and rear tires are different size--no full rotations. of course, no spare tire (a worrisome item for me). rain sensing wipers are a waste of effort. they frequently activate when it's bone dry and sometimes fail to activate when it's sprinkling. the ride is so low that the front end often doesn't clear the concrete stops in parking lots. one learns to stop a little short of them. I routinely get 28+ mpg at 75-80 mph and 24-25 overall mpg (rear-wheel drive). the few flaws in this vehicle have simple solutions. hopefully caddy will step up. overall, the more I drive the car, the more I like it. it is a very civilized ride while fast and sporty enough when needed."

See if you qualify for